hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RG - Safe standing at Easter Road “under consideration”

The man has a vision. You love to see it.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-consider-safe-standing-section-as-ron-gordon-sets-out-easter-road-vision-3393098?fbclid=IwAR3E9yQG_JVJCnRleKufrIEtQng3E0c0T Z9RKEAkTfXt1KLjEkV0CheLHVI

Fantastic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The man has a vision. You love to see it.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-consider-safe-standing-section-as-ron-gordon-sets-out-easter-road-vision-3393098?fbclid=IwAR3E9yQG_JVJCnRleKufrIEtQng3E0c0T Z9RKEAkTfXt1KLjEkV0CheLHVI

Article text below for the lazies.

“As the club continues to roll out what they describe as ‘refreshment’ works at Easter Road, adding large screens, a new PA system, improved kiosks, decorative embellishments and pushing ahead with plans for electronic advertising ribbons around the pitch and along the stands, the clubs hierarchy remain open to the idea of a standing section.

“We have that on the list, so the answer to that is yes,” said owner and chairman Ron Gordon. “Ultimately the idea of developing a safe standing section should be part of our thinking. It’s the way people want to enjoy football, right?”

It is a decade since Scottish Premier League clubs voted to amend rules that stated that all top tier grounds must be all-seater and clearing the way for members to pilot safe standing areas.

“What we are trying to do here at Hibs is give people more of a complete package in terms of coming to the football game.

“It’s sports, I get it, but it is also entertainment, it’s a day out with your family, your mates, whatever, and we want to enrich that.

“Many, many people love going to football and standing, so we want to give them that.

“I think what we’re trying to do with ticketing, the kiosks, hospitality, which is what we’re looking at next, is give people more options so they can pick what they like.

“When I arrived every seat had the same value, you could only buy season tickets or half season tickets or on matchday.

“Now you can buy packs, we have different sections so pricing is different.

“We have kiosks with much better products, it’s cashless so it moves more quickly although like everywhere, our biggest challenge has been recruiting labour but I think things will settle down.

“It is about giving the fans a better experience.”

Also note the article implies that the electronic “ribbons” are imminent.

RG has us in a fantastic place off the park right now.

TBF we already have a standing section in the East at the moment. I'm sure all the young lads and their drum would be delighted to have officially a standing area and it would likely add something to the atmosphere.

Am I right in saying these seats take up less space so our capacity would increase slightly? Or have I just made that up?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Am I right in saying these seats take up less space so our capacity would increase slightly? Or have I just made that up?
    Modern rail seats tend to be 1:1 so the same capacity as seated.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    Cheers 👍

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Count me in. The whole East please.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Count me in. The whole East please.
    Now wouldn't that be a thing of beauty

Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    That was my question as well. No increase in bums on, or rather off, seats so it's the presumed uplift in atmosphere that would be the benefit.

Don't think it makes much sense to invest in implementing this in parts of the stadium where everyone just stands anyway - majority of the East.

Behind the goals in FF Lower would be a good start assuming incumbent ST holders were either amenable to that or to being moved if they prefer a permanent seat.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    That was my question as well. No increase in bums on, or rather off, seats so it's the presumed uplift in atmosphere that would be the benefit.

Don't think it makes much sense to invest in implementing this in parts of the stadium where everyone just stands anyway - majority of the East.

Behind the goals in FF Lower would be a good start assuming incumbent ST holders were either amenable to that or to being moved if they prefer a permanent seat.

The majority of the East doesn't stand. You'd be lucky if it's 20% of East that stand these days.

Whether or not that's because people are being forced to sit as others behind them want to sit which then creates a domino effect is another matter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The majority of the East doesn't stand. You'd be lucky if it's 20% of East that stand these days.

Whether or not that's because people are being forced to sit as others behind them want to sit which then creates a domino effect is another matter.
    Dempster had a big effect on that. Was great to see Section 43 and the Drummer back in the East at the weekend.

One thought though - Isn't the gradient too steep for safe standing in the East? Well above the walkway anyway?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

The issue is that Section 44 all sit, even at the very top of the stand. So you have two groups who stand (at the back of 43 and the back of 45), but they are disjointed. Needs to be sorted, and as someone else said, the blame is very much at Dempster's door for ruining the East's atmosphere by her incessant war on pyrotechnics

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Just don't tell Anne Budge 🤣

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Bottom section of the east please
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    They’re not going to do it in the east where they’ve just changed the seats, nor the family stand you’d think. West is prime seating so that rules in there out.

So logically you’d thing each wing of the East, is it 2 blocks between the new text and each gable end? That would be really smart.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    They’re not going to do it in the east where they’ve just changed the seats, nor the family stand you’d think. West is prime seating so that rules in there out.

So logically you’d thing each wing of the East, is it 2 blocks between the new text and each gable end? That would be really smart.
    Great shout. I’m in 43 which I think will be the next block after the ‘C’ - maybe starting with 43, 44 and 45 would be a shout.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Lower section of FF would be my choice. Would look awesome having that section more than half full.

The seats there need replaced anyways.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Lower section of FF would be my choice. Would look awesome having that section more than half full.

The seats there need replaced anyways.

Yes mate. Makes the most sense.

The West always seems the better choice as the family stand anyhow.

Needed for all the young guys (even older guys) who like standing, maybe get sec43 in there too for atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Mon the Ron.

Eyes on the prize.

Lower section of FF would be best, but it wouldn’t be the worst thing to have it where the singing section are at the moment.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    FF Lower.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    FF Lower.
    Yepp, would look awesome.

Doesn’t have to be one area though. Could do a couple of sections in the east too.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Yepp, would look awesome.

Doesn’t have to be one area though. Could do a couple of sections in the east too.
    Doubt the east will get it. These are trials and will be small in nature to start off. Cant see 2 sections of the east as views in adjoining sections will be impaired unless its the 2 outer ones which wont work as desired.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    FF Lower.

Time to return that end of the ground into the intimidating pit of noise it was pre 1975.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    FF Lower.
    Suck the ball into the back of the net 😁

Has anyone really ever been so impressed by someone coming into the club like this before? Refurbs to the stands, big screens, promoting getting a pint at the game, trying to get the league and game more funding, safe standing and no doubt he has more and more planned. Guy is a saint not just for us but for scottish football in General. Love live Big Ron

Just build it in the corner of the ff and East problem solved....