hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coaching Staff

Derby in Administration

Another English club with a past history of success falls into administration, how many more on the brink through chasing EPL big bucks 🤔

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another English club with a past history of success falls into administration, how many more on the brink through chasing EPL big bucks 🤔
    Living beyond their means. Am I right in thinking that the players keep their contracts, as they are key assets
    Not sure the money owed to Cocu and co is secured though

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Living beyond their means. Am I right in thinking that the players keep their contracts, as they are key assets
    Not sure the money owed to Cocu and co is secured though
    To come out of admin do not all footballing debts have to be repaid? Would monies to Cocu be regarded as a footballing debt?

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    To come out of admin do not all footballing debts have to be repaid? Would monies to Cocu be regarded as a footballing debt?
    Think that’s the rule now, him and his assistants are due £8m. The ones that will lose their jobs are the poorest paid at the club
    I’m sure 1st time Motherwell went into admin, they laid off players, long time ago though

Apparently Rooney is on £90,000 per week so it's hard to feel sorry for him or the club...

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Only out of interest. I wonder if the administration ‘rules/processes’ in England are the same as here?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Farce. Given the money sloshing about down south.
    Deserve everything that financial mismanagement reaps.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Only out of interest. I wonder if the administration ‘rules/processes’ in England are the same as here?
    Think Hearts were deducted 15 pts, where as Derby lose 12

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    This will cheer up the Forest fans!

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Thanks Billy.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Thnk it's a 12-point deduction minimum for Derby. There is a possibility of that increasing up to a total of a 21-point deduction for various other misdemeanours though.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This will cheer up the Forest fans!
    I wish something would - I've never seen as many long faces here. It's making me feel quite depressed!
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    Thnk it's a 12-point deduction minimum for Derby. There is a possibility of that increasing up to a total of a 21-point deduction for various other misdemeanours though.
    Probably best to get all the penalties now so they can make a fresh start next season.
    Soul destroying for this seasons players though.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Probably best to get all the penalties now so they can make a fresh start next season.
    Soul destroying for this seasons players though.
    For the fans too. Imagine just having bought a season ticket and knowing that your season is all but over.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

For the fans too. Imagine just having bought a season ticket and knowing that your season is all but over.
    Hope they get to use them again this season, and don’t have to pay again to get in

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    My uncle's a ST holder at Pride Park but I haven't been in touch with him to get his opinion on the administration.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Farce. Given the money sloshing about down south.
    Deserve everything that financial mismanagement reaps.
    The problem is it's only sloshing around certain areas, the so called trickle down effect isn't trickling.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The problem is it's only sloshing around certain areas, the so called trickle down effect isn't trickling.

The ‘trickle down effect’ is a lie perpetrated by the wealthy to enable them to pay a lower rate of tax than the rest of us.

It’s a real life conspiracy in action.

Very true, especially coming on the heals of buying a season ticket for which they received very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Apparently Rooney is on £90,000 per week so it's hard to feel sorry for him or the club...
    that’s not his fault, also read he was basically subsidising the teams away games

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    that’s not his fault, also read he was basically subsidising the teams away games
    His wages are heavily, if not completely, subbed by 32Red betting company as discussed on the other Derby thread.

I saw Derby in a pre-season game at Meadow Lane, it was the weekendimmediately after the story in the hotel room about him broke. Derby were extremely short of players to make a team up. Rooney refused to bring in trialists to bolster the ranks in order to make a point to the club owner. Can't say I blame him for that. The fans still seem to be right behind him over there. Owner, Mel Morris's name is mud though, as one might expect.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Sad times for a great club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Sad times for a great club.
    👍

The level of money involved in the premiership compared to the championship is so significant, some owners will take a speculate to accumulate approach in the hope the vast wealth of the top flight will pay the bills and loans from the championship days. This has backfired MASSIVELY for Derby County.

This will also keep happening to the clubs that have spent time in the premiership, spent a fortune while in the top flight and subsequently been relegated and failed to get back up quickly. I’m looking at the Welsh two as potential followers.

While the money in the English top flight is incredible, it’s killing the clubs in the lower tiers, and the house of cards is slowly crashing down on the English game.

When the likes of Everton/Arsenal - even Crystal Palace/West Brom outspend the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, you know something’s up.

Incidentally, the accounts last year from English clubs are stark.

Man City - £126m loss
    Arsenal - £54m loss
    Liverpool - £46m loss.

That’s with the incredible TV revenue they receive. Naturally, Covid has an impact, but if you look across the water, Bayern were very disappointed with their accounts as they only recorded a €17m profit.

Bayern, who have made big signings over the years haven’t recorded a single loss since 2003, and that was a loss of €2m. Over that period they’ve won 2 champions leagues, and countless other trophies - more success than any English club. In the summer there, they were fretting on whether to spend €10m on a player, as they didn’t want to risk making a loss, even with hundreds of millions in reserves.

Some call it cheap, but I call it responsible, which is night and day from the English game/Barcelona. Man Utd are hundreds of millions in debt, and win nothing.

The English clubs should really take a leaf out of many continental teams, and see making a loss as a dreadful thing, otherwise there will be more, bigger scalps than Derby County.

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post

Man City - £126m loss
    Arsenal - £54m loss
    Liverpool - £46m loss.

That’s with the incredible TV revenue they receive. Naturally, Covid has an impact, but if you look across the water, Bayern were very disappointed with their accounts as they only recorded a €17m profit.

Bayern, who have made big signings over the years haven’t recorded a single loss since 2003, and that was a loss of €2m. Over that period they’ve won 2 champions leagues, and countless other trophies - more success than any English club. In the summer there, they were fretting on whether to spend €10m on a player, as they didn’t want to risk making a loss, even with hundreds of millions in reserves.

Some call it cheap, but I call it responsible, which is night and day from the English game/Barcelona. Man Utd are hundreds of millions in debt, and win nothing.

The English clubs should really take a leaf out of many continental teams, and see making a loss as a dreadful thing, otherwise there will be more, bigger scalps than Derby County.
    Agree with all of this.

Interesting to note too that (I think) Bayern's cheapest match tickets are around just 15 euro whilst the least expensive Derby tickets are around £33. I know which team I'd rather watch. As for losses, Derby County's chairman was complaining about losing £3m a month three years ago.

I think what's developing is a situation where there will be more and more 'yo-yo' clubs between the Premiership and Championship with other clubs finding it hard to compete financially with clubs dropping down with a parachute payment. I get the feeling that a few club chairmen won't mind too much not having to finance a new season in the Premiership. I know a few Forest fans certainly who would prefer to be competitive in the Championship in the future rather than getting their ass kicked in the Premier every week.

I detest the Premier actually. It is ruining football and the teams outside of it are largely being abandoned. It won't end well for many.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post

Man City - £126m loss
    Arsenal - £54m loss
    Liverpool - £46m loss.

In the period you mention, Spanish clubs have won it 8 times, English 5 times.

Not sure the point you are trying to make.

Should've been relegated for this last season and they clung on as long as they could to shaft Wycombe.

Bayern have the pick of the whole nation in terms of players, English clubs actually have to compete with eachother. That is a big money saver for Bayern. If a good player wants to stay in germany, there is only 1 team. In English, they can chose from at least 6.

"Derby lost £14.7m in 2016 and £7.9m in 2017. And they were heading for further heavy losses in 2018, which would have breached the EFL's profit and sustainability rules allowing a cumulative £39m loss over a three-year period, until they confirmed Morris had bought the Pride Park stadium from the club for £80m." The EFL gave them, and Sheffield Wednesday, a free pass in the form of a meaningless fine for gerrymandering their accounts. I feel sorry for the clubs that were relegated from the Championship whilst so called big clubs were effectively let away with cheating.
    Last edited by Is It On....; 23-09-2021 at 10:17 PM.