hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sep 23rd. I’m in Oban for a short break. Just saw a guy with Hibs jacket/ fleece thing on.
    Never got a chance to say hi.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    In Melbourne a few years ago.

Guy walking towards me with the latest top on.

"Glory glory", I said to him.

Hands were shaken. No further words. We moved on.

First Team Breakthrough
    It’s funny the pure joy of seeing another hibee when on holiday especially in Orlando,it’s the only time I wear my hibs tops, ps nanny’s chop shop in Haines city has one of my hibs number plates on there wall

Checking into a hotel in Rome with the Mrs a few years back. Hibs badge on my Harrington. Lad at the desk smiles when he notices the badge, “Edinburgh Hibees” he states….I ask how he knows and he studied in Edinburgh and worked at Valvona for his keep, was a regular at ER. Still loves Scottish football to this day and knew about our recent form. From that moment he couldn’t do enough for us and I returned the favour with a proper over the top compliment to the manager about his service!

Maspalomas, Hibs polo on by the pool at the hotel, met a fellow Hibernian, originally from Leith, now based in Fife. Had a great blether. Just feels good to know you have a fellow Hibee nearby when your away for some strange reason.

London, was working down there until a few years back, walking down Wardour St to a particularly ***** work meeting….pass an Asian lad in full Hibs trackie walking on the opposite slide of the road. One of those did I really see that moments.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Walking through Central Park in NY with my grandad, must’ve been about 2003/2004.

He had either the BACK.. in the premier league or first team in Europe top on & some boy cycling past shouted ‘go on the Hibeeeeees’.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Was staying at a Universal hotel a couple years back in Orlando and got in the lift that had a young lad with a Hibs top on and his dad.

"Going down?" The dad says.
    "Aye, like the Jambos" I replied much to their surprise and amusement.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Kind of related story.

Went up mount Vesuvius in 2012, there was a jambo in full regalia on the train we were on going there, hat,Wonga top, the works.

Wife made it clear I was not to engage

Arrived at the station and thought that was the end of the experience but imagine my disappointment when we trecked to the top to the platform where you could stand for photos only to find Johnny jambo had beaten us there.

It was only offset when his hat got blown off over the safety fence behind and into the void below.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Devonhibs's Avatar
    Working in one of the Plymouth housing estates and saw Hibs sprayed onto one of the large roadside green metal cabinets. wasn't expecting to see that!
    "Home advantage gives you an advantage" Sir Bobby Robson

Used to see a lot of Scottish people when I was living in Munich, mainly recognisable by their various football tops.

Often had a good laugh making cheeky comments about their various teams, as most of them presumed I was a local.

Sitting on a tour bus in Athens, couple of weeks after the 2016 cup final proudly wearing my cup winners cap.
    Australian guy leans over and says to me!
    Mate it's the first time I've been back to Europe in 30 years, and what's the first thing I see ?
    A bloody Hibby with a winners cap on, he was a Jambo as well.😆😆

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Working in London today and whilst bowling merrily down Wormwood Street in my Hibernian face covering, a passer-by shouted “ C’mon The Hibs” in my direction.
    Sometimes it’s the little things in life that bring the most happiness.

Anyone else got a story to tell about their Hibs badge of honour in different climates?
    I got it inside Dusseldorf stadium too wearing a Hibs top. They actually seemed like Hibees too!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk