hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are there any plans to do similar for the home games v Celtic and Rangers? Don't think you'd get 5000+ but still get 2/3000 I reckon.
    Beat Aberdeen away in the quarters of the league cup on 31 October and playing the semi at Easter Road, if it was a home draw, would be a good shout.

And hope the semi is against the winner of Spartans vs Dundee Utd (so probably Spartans).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well done to Hearts women. They did well in the hour between the 1st and 2nd goals then naturally ran out of steam against much more experienced and talented opponents.
    Hibs have a lot of good players and I thought Amy Muir who came on during the 2nd half played like Doig of the mens team. Very impressive.

The kiosks had big queues at half time last night. Hopefully they made sufficient money to pay for stewarding, kiosk staff, lighting etc. That would perhaps persuade Hibs to do this for another game.
    Could do it again at Easter Road for a home game v Celtic, Rangers or Glasgow City and charge a nominal admission of £2 for adults and £1 for kids. I reckon most of the same folk would come back.

The most important factor is to showcase the team and womens football.
    As things stand Hibs women play in front of tiny crowds and those crowds are not growing.
    I have little interest in the womens game but like last night could be persuaded to go along to support if it was little more than my time I was giving and who knows it might become a habit.

I can't see any way that people other than family and friends of the players and staff will pay £7 to watch their games at Livingston this season. Coming back to Edinburgh next season will help but the price is daft
    Secret is to get big numbers of folk along to games like last night and build interest, a bond and a habit and that needs very cheap entry that can be bolstered by food and drink sales.

Well done to all last night. An innovative and successful event which should give other parent clubs the idea to replicate it.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 30-09-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Kiosks had big queues at half time last night. Hopefully they made sufficient money to pay for stewarding, kiosk staff, lighting etc. That would perhaps persuade Hibs to do this for another game.
    Could do it again at Easter Road for a home game v Celtic, Rangers or Glasgow City and charge a nominal £2 for adults and £1 for kids.
    The most important factor being to showcase the team. As it stands the women's team play in front of tiny crowds and those crowds are not growing.
    I have little interest in the womens game but like last night could be persuaded to go along to support if it was little more than my time I was giving.
    I can't see any way that people other than family and friends of the players and staff will pay £7 to watch their games. Perhaps in the future but not now.
    Secret is to get folk along and build interest, a bond and a habit.
    I think it would have to be Celtic or Rangers. I know Glasgow City are massive in the women's game but there'd be lots of folk who wouldn't have a clue who they were.

Celtic or Rangers and people will be aware instantly that it's a big game.

Rachael Boyle and Siobhan Hunter have significantly better knee sliding abilities than Martin or the rest of the men’s team.

Was a great night!

Are there any plans to do similar for the home games v Celtic and Rangers? Don't think you'd get 5000+ but still get 2/3000 I reckon.
    I think it’s s been clever of Hibs to do last night for free for fans. Best local rivals - good promotion for women’s and girls football - inspire future generation of players / fans and encourage others in Scotland to grow the product.

The Celtic / Rangers games are interesting - if they promoted it and played at either stadium and it wasn’t closed doors - you could easily get several thousand more than last night watching.

They are scared to do this though due to high security costs - think even the male youth cup was behind closed doors and they don’t want trouble.

Hopefully last night will make Hearts open Tynie and try beat the attendance and allow Hibs fans the roseburn stand. Would be pretty cool having 3000 away fans making noise for the women and home fans too.

Hopefully over time the crowds will grow - as mentioned it’s a brilliant way to introduce younger male or female fans to football without the possible stress of other games.

An enjoyable game with some very entertaining football. Hibs were well worth their win and I was impressed by the way they retained the ball even under pressure, Hearts on the other hand are the masters of putting the ball out for a throw-in.

Hearts captain should have been sent off in the second half for a second bookable offence despite there being very few fouls in the game.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    An enjoyable game with some very entertaining football. Hibs were well worth their win and I was impressed by the way they retained the ball even under pressure, Hearts on the other hand are the masters of putting the ball out for a throw-in.

Hearts captain should have been sent off in the second half for a second bookable offence despite there being very few fouls in the game.
    In their DNA that sort of behaviour

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    It’s a bit of a shame that Ron couldn’t stay in Edinburgh for this game. His attendance would have sent all the right messages about Hibs’ support for the women’s game.

Anyhow, well played and a great win in front of a record-breaking crowd.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Brilliant to see that.

You can tell how genuinely happy the girl after Mrs Boyle was.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Brilliant to see that.

You can tell how genuinely happy the girl after Mrs Boyle was.
    The look of joy on her face in the photo is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I think it’s s been clever of Hibs to do last night for free for fans. Best local rivals - good promotion for women’s and girls football - inspire future generation of players / fans and encourage others in Scotland to grow the product.

The Celtic / Rangers games are interesting - if they promoted it and played at either stadium and it wasn’t closed doors - you could easily get several thousand more than last night watching.

They are scared to do this though due to high security costs - think even the male youth cup was behind closed doors and they don’t want trouble.

Hopefully last night will make Hearts open Tynie and try beat the attendance and allow Hibs fans the roseburn stand. Would be pretty cool having 3000 away fans making noise for the women and home fans too.

Hopefully over time the crowds will grow - as mentioned it’s a brilliant way to introduce younger male or female fans to football without the possible stress of other games.

TBH, I'd prefer it if the women's game didn't go down the segregation route and just had all fans mingling together.

It's a sad indightment on the men's game that fans of both sides can't be trusted to sit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    TBH, I'd prefer it if the women's game didn't go down the segregation route and just had all fans mingling together.

It's a sad indightment on the men's game that fans of both sides can't be trusted to sit together.
    There was a wee bit of bother last night. Nothing major. Just some fannies acting up. Clearly not there to watch the game and only interested in the tribalism. Hopefully we don’t see any more of it.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Goal highlights up onBBC Sports webpage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58749193

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post

I can't see any way that people other than family and friends of the players and staff will pay £7 to watch their games at Livingston this season. Coming back to Edinburgh next season will help but the price is daft
    Secret is to get big numbers of folk along to games like last night and build interest, a bond and a habit and that needs very cheap entry that can be bolstered by food and drink sales.

Well done to all last night. An innovative and successful event which should give other parent clubs the idea to replicate it.

the price probably reflects the fees paid for hiring the Livingston pitch/facilities etc etc, i imagine very little will be left to fill the coffers

even if they had just charged £2 across the board last night,or even just £1 would have brought in at least £5.5k, i don't think even the £1 would have put any kids off attending
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 30-09-2021 at 04:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    There was a wee bit of bother last night. Nothing major. Just some fannies acting up. Clearly not there to watch the game and only interested in the tribalism. Hopefully we don’t see any more of it.
    There was also a laddie with his Hearts scarf proudly on show in the lower part of the West, North end. Not an issue given the type of game and hope those around him treated him right.

I'd rather the fannies were dealt with as they are just as much of an issue to the fans of teams they seemingly support. It was a really nice atmosphere last night but the Hibs fan/fans down the bottom of the west nearest the Dunbar End really need to have a word with themselves
    Last edited by wookie70; 30-09-2021 at 06:43 PM.

That's sad to hear. I wish they'd just stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    There was also a laddie with his Hearts scarf proudly on show in the lower part of the West, North end. Not an issue given the type of game and hope those around him treated him right.

I'd rather the fannies were dealt with as they are just as much of an issue to the fans of teams they seemingly support. It was a really nice atmosphere last night but the Hibs fan/fans down the bottom of the west nearest the Dunbar End really need to have a word with themselves
    I was in the west upper, north of centre and fortunately all was sweetness and light.
    It wasn't an occasion for plastic hardmen.
    They should have been lobbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

I agree. Segregation is an embarrassment. A small ********s section would be a better alternative. We could all laugh at their antics.

Really? Some folk shouldn’t be allowed out their houses. There were about 35 of us in a group with my daughter’s under 11 girls team, mostly Hibbies, but a couple of the girls were Jambos with one enthusiastically twirling her scarf a lot of the night, all good fun, no bother at all.

I didn’t know they were opening the away end, there were maybe a couple of hundred in there, fair play to them, they knew they were on a hiding to nothing.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It’s a bit of a shame that Ron couldn’t stay in Edinburgh for this game. His attendance would have sent all the right messages about Hibs’ support for the women’s game.

Anyhow, well played and a great win in front of a record-breaking crowd.
    He was at the last match at Livingston.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post

Yeah we had some Jambos near us, no issues other than a couple idiots moaning about a scarf in maroon in the 'home' end, we are all human at the end of the day, can't be that difficult to act in a human manner to one another, it's only a game of football after all.