hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely they will open up other stands
    You would think so but oddly they haven’t already ?

Just open the East middle sections at least.

You could even say they could hand out free tickets Sunday to fans to increase attendance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    You would think so but oddly they haven’t already ?

Just open the East middle sections at least.

You could even say they could hand out free tickets Sunday to fans to increase attendance.
    I'd hope Hibs will advertise the tickets on the new screens a couple of times.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'd hope Hibs will advertise the tickets on the new screens a couple of times.
    Not on sale, so no point unless they open another stand

Not on sale, so no point unless they open another stand
    Saw that - a 6000 sell out which is impressive.

I'm disappointed Hibs aren't going to open another stand since the demand is clearly there.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Saw that - a 6000 sell out which is impressive.

I'm disappointed Hibs aren't going to open another stand since the demand is clearly there.
    It's bizarre. Should have been advertised tomorrow and pushed for 10,000.

Game v Celtic is online now on BBC. Will be a good barometer for progress being made. 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Thought there would be news of more stands open for their game but doesn't look like it. Pretty shoddy, would never happen if it was the guys

Thought there would be news of more stands open for their game but doesn't look like it. Pretty shoddy, would never happen if it was the guys
    Don’t think that will happen. Hearts have been given tickets as well. I’d doubt they will sell / give away many. Will still be empty seats on the night.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Don’t think that will happen. Hearts have been given tickets as well. I’d doubt they will sell / give away many. Will still be empty seats on the night.
    That's separate from the fact we sold out our 6000 5 days before the match. With advertising on the screens today we could easily break 10,000. That would generate a good bit of publicity for us I reckon

That's separate from the fact we sold out our 6000 5 days before the match. With advertising on the screens today we could easily break 10,000. That would generate a good bit of publicity for us I reckon
    6000 will break all records. Remember it’s free and everything has to be paid for at the club. Opening up other stands will cost more money. The pies won’t pay the bills and this is a lose leader for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    6000 will break all records. Remember it’s free and everything has to be paid for at the club. Opening up other stands will cost more money. The pies won’t pay the bills and this is a lose leader for Hibs.
    Of course it's a loss but don't say your going for the record if your not going for the most you can. Hearts have said they will put in 6 figures into their female team as its the right thing to do. We could sell merchandise, food and big screen advertising. But more than that a 5 figure crowd would get the girls tons of press and also inspire so many young girls in the stand

Game v Celtic is online now on BBC. Will be a good barometer for progress being made. ��
    1-0 to Celtic with 20 minutes to go.
    Haven't seen the game but Hibs must be playing well.
    Hibs Women will make progress when the club puts money into it.
    If not we will remain a distant 4th best Scottish women's team.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    1-0 to Celtic with 20 minutes to go.
    Haven't seen the game but Hibs must be playing well.
    Hibs Women will make progress when the club puts money into it.
    If not we will remain a distant 4th best Scottish women's team.
    Saw the second half in the car. We soaked up a lot of pressure and would have been worth a draw, but lost out in injury time.

I'm expecting us to be doing most of the attacking on Wednesday.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Pedantic head on. Heard numerous times today over the tannoy "6000 sell out' .... It not exactly a "sell out" if all the tickets are freebies is it? Having daid that good look to the girls they must be thrilled playing infront of good numbers and at Easter Road.

They won't need to open up other stands because nothing like 6000 will actually turn up. Might get about 4k, which would still be great but when you distribute free tickets many go unused. I remember one of my kid's primary teachers was a good player (can't remember which team she played for) and would give the class free tickets to Scotland women's games, women's cup finals etc. All the kids would seize the tickets but only about a third of the class (if that) would actually go to the game.

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone know if we can see it streamed or on Hibs TV International ?

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    They won't need to open up other stands because nothing like 6000 will actually turn up. Might get about 4k, which would still be great but when you distribute free tickets many go unused. I remember one of my kid's primary teachers was a good player (can't remember which team she played for) and would give the class free tickets to Scotland women's games, women's cup finals etc. All the kids would seize the tickets but only about a third of the class (if that) would actually go to the game.
    It's a bit different being handed free tickets via a classroom versus having to sign in to the ticketing site and book a seat. The latter means you have invested effort to actually get a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    It's a bit different being handed free tickets via a classroom versus having to sign in to the ticketing site and book a seat. The latter means you have invested effort to actually get a seat.
    Unfortunately i think he's right - a fair few wont bother going on the night. Also we have no idea who many tickets Hearts will sell. Their fans wont be in a rush to watch this game as everything points to it going one way.

Unfortunately i think he's right - a fair few wont bother going on the night. Also we have no idea who many tickets Hearts will sell. Their fans wont be in a rush to watch this game as everything points to it going one way.
    Of course some won't go. That happens in every game. If 4 or 5k is the gate then all good. Not really something to make a big deal out of.

Of course it's a loss but don't say your going for the record if your not going for the most you can. Hearts have said they will put in 6 figures into their female team as its the right thing to do. We could sell merchandise, food and big screen advertising. But more than that a 5 figure crowd would get the girls tons of press and also inspire so many young girls in the stand
    Hearts said they were going to do that a while back, but pretty sure it hasn't happened. Tbh I don't think it will anytime soon.

Would be good to have a "returns/cancelled" list for on the night.

I was going, and be would have been taking my daughter who's expressed interest for the first time in 6 years! Like others, I didn't realise they were limiting the release & when I was looking, couldn't get 2 tickets together.

Id turn up on the night ticketless if I thought that seats unfilled would be open to claim prior to kick off

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF;[URL="tel:6707206"
    6707206[/URL]]It's a bit different being handed free tickets via a classroom versus having to sign in to the ticketing site and book a seat. The latter means you have invested effort to actually get a seat.
    Not enough to make people feel they ‘have’ to go. If the weathers crap I suspect the attendance will fall dramatically, even allowing for a nice night I do t think 4-5 k is more likely

The forecast is dry and cool (10c at kick off) so shouldn't be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    Would be good to have a "returns/cancelled" list for on the night.

I was going, and be would have been taking my daughter who's expressed interest for the first time in 6 years! Like others, I didn't realise they were limiting the release & when I was looking, couldn't get 2 tickets together.

Id turn up on the night ticketless if I thought that seats unfilled would be open to claim prior to kick off
    I have three tickets in the West Stand together which I can no longer use. If you PM me your email address I’ll forward on the tickets so they don’t go to waste.

Is the game available to watch online or is it on tv?
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Is the game available to watch online or is it on tv?
    It's on recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    It's on recast.
    Cheers.
    Cougars!!!

Does anyone have any spares for tomorrow?

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Have anymore tickets been made available looking for 2.