hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Tickets available in the West Upper Executive Seats. Nice comfy seats for those that haven't booked already.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tickets available in the West Upper Executive Seats. Nice comfy seats for those that haven't booked already.
    Wish I'd known that. Is area 49, HH124 executive, anyone know?

Coaching Staff
    Hibs Women play every week. Are people going along specifically for this one to see the inside of Easter Road or to see Hearts?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Hibs Women play every week. Are people going along specifically for this one to see the inside of Easter Road or to see Hearts?
    From the man who says ticketing prices has no bearing on the crowd size😀

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    From the man who says ticketing prices has no bearing on the crowd size😀
    Ah, so the usual £5 is prohibitive? Fair enough.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s £7. Probably is for some when coupled with the travel to Livingston.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It’s a great initiative to grow the support for the women’s team and the game in general. Do we really need fans coming on here being negative about it. If you don’t want to go then don’t, but it would be nice if this could gain a bit of momentum and see a bumper crowd in to support the ladies.

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It’s a great initiative to grow the support for the women’s team and the game in general. Do we really need fans coming on here being negative about it. If you don’t want to go then don’t, but it would be nice if this could gain a bit of momentum and see a bumper crowd in to support the ladies.
    To grow the game then we need to understand why people will go, or not go. I'm not being negative, I'm interested in what is the main factor behind going from a few dozen to a few thousand fans for the same offering.

Ainslie Park wasn't far to get to, Livingston isn't far for people to get to - I'm sure most of our support now don't live in and around Easter Road. If we are going to support a move to a more professional game then £7 shouldn't be putting people off.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    To grow the game then we need to understand why people will go, or not go. I'm not being negative, I'm interested in what is the main factor behind going from a few dozen to a few thousand fans for the same offering.

Ainslie Park wasn't far to get to, Livingston isn't far for people to get to - I'm sure most of our support now don't live in and around Easter Road. If we are going to support a move to a more professional game then £7 shouldn't be putting people off.
    For the vast majority of the crowd it will be their first ladies game, the club are promoting it and letting everyone in for free. Hopefully a good few of the people going will go to another game this season.

United we stand here....

I’d suggest most are going as its the “derby”, it’s free, and Hibs will win. Oh and the new chips are great.

@hibs.net private member
    It will be a mix of lots of factors. The club doing targeted advertising for this game, the game being at ER, it being a Derby and also the positive messaging around the women being brought under the Club(not before time), cost will definitely be in there too particularly for families who buy season tickets.

I'd love to see something done with STs where you could bolt on the womens games to the cost of the ST. I'm very pleased the club appear to have at long last decided to welcome the ladies into the structure of the club. This initiative is a good one and it looks like it will be a huge success. If we can invest in the Ladies, both in terms of money but just as importantly in comms, then who knows all the bigger games may be of enough interest to hold them at ER and get decent crowds with that giving a boost to the lesser games wherever they end up being played in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I’d suggest most are going as its the “derby”, it’s free, and Hibs will win. Oh and the new chips are great.
    If they can sort out the catering, they’ll make a fortune on the night

Looks like we are closing in on the 6,000 mark with most of the West “sold out.”

That’s a higher attendance than the men’s teams in the top flight get, outwith the big six.

What an effort!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Looks like we are closing in on the 6,000 mark with most of the West “sold out.”

That’s a higher attendance than the men’s teams in the top flight get, outwith the big six.

What an effort!
    Surely got to be considering opening the FF lower, no reason we can’t be aiming for a 10,000 crowd at this rate!

I really hope people actually go. Always the worry with free tickets that people grab them and then decide not to bother going.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I really hope people actually go. Always the worry with free tickets that people grab them and then decide not to bother going.

True. Hopefully we get some good marketing in for it after Sunday, and get folk inspired for the occasion. I note it’s meant to rain on Wednesday night, which hopefully doesn’t deter the less committed.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    Surely got to be considering opening the FF lower, no reason we can’t be aiming for a 10,000 crowd at this rate!
    That would be incredible, and a real watershed moment for the women’s game in Scotland.

I notice there’s been nothing from the Hearts social media channels, urging fans to sign up.

The petty ****s will probably do the same in the reverse fixture, with the hope of beating our attendance record. Would be good for the game mind you, but I am still surprised they’re not advertising this game to their fans, given the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    I notice there’s been nothing from the Hearts social media channels, urging fans to sign up.

The petty ****s will probably do the same in the reverse fixture, with the hope of beating our attendance record. Would be good for the game mind you, but I am still surprised they’re not advertising this game to their fans, given the occasion.
    Hearts socials are terrible for the women tbh. Signings not announced. Almost nothing about games until game day. Not sure what the 100k a year pays for bar renting the Oriam pitches.

For me this is the smart part of all this.
    They want folk to go to the women's games but very few folk outside of family and friends of the players and staff are willing to pay to watch.
    This way Hibs get round that and bring in lots of money from catering.
    The ladies get to play in front of a large crowd and by playing at Easter Road are made to feel like part of the club.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    probably be the first time some people have been able to get near to the new kiosks. Definitely a chance to make a few quid

Got a couple of tickets for the front row of one of the middle sections in the upper tier in the west. Looking forward to the gold experience.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    For me this is the smart part of all this.
    They want folk to go to the women's games but very few folk outside of family and friends of the players and staff are willing to pay to watch.
    This way Hibs get round that and bring in lots of money from catering.
    The ladies get to play in front of a large crowd and by playing at Easter Road are made to feel like part of the club.
    And in a way it’s part funding the Ladies team. Wonder how it will be funded when it’s brought in under the Hibs banner

Any idea if more tickets are to be released ?

West stand is pretty much sold out.

Yeh, after ages agreeing who in the 2 families wanted to go it now appears sold out. 🥲 Hopefully they will release more tickets as I was planning to bring 6 first time fans to Easter Road

Quote Originally Posted by random sub View Post
    Yeh, after ages agreeing who in the 2 families wanted to go it now appears sold out. 🥲 Hopefully they will release more tickets as I was planning to bring 6 first time fans to Easter Road
    They should open the East and push hard to fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    They should open the East and push hard to fill it.
    Agree- would be great to open another section of stand, but just got confirmation from the ticket office- game is now ‘sold out’…this evening’s task for me- how to break the news to the girls and their pals. They will be gutted and I feel bad- hadn’t realised they were limiting capacity
    Last edited by random sub; 24-09-2021 at 04:32 PM.

This will reflect very badly on Hibs if they don't open up more stands....they have created the demand and now should open the stands, not penny pinch on staff costs....

@hibs.net private member
    Surely they will open up other stands

@hibs.net private member
    It reminds me of the Sunderland documentary where they were trying to beat the record attendance. If the club work hard on this they could break 10k. Hopefully they make the effort as that would be amazing for a ladies game and probably an atmosphere that will be the best ever at a ladies league game in Scotland. Imagine a proper, full east and west stand, Sunshine on Leith after a ladies game.