hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Football Etiquette

Does it exist anymore ?£405 for a season ticket, constant interruptions when trying to watch the game, folk going up and down the stairs bringing back a carry out ( The lucky ones ) folk leaving early then standing on the staircase in front of you when Hibs are on the attack blocking your view, or standing waving to their mates.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does it exist anymore ?£405 for a season ticket, constant interruptions when trying to watch the game, folk going up and down the stairs bringing back a carry out ( The lucky ones ) folk leaving early then standing on the staircase in front of you when Hibs are on the attack blocking your view, or standing waving to their mates.
    Sounds like you need to move your seat. The aforementioned things you’ve raise have been happening since ST’s were even a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Sounds like you need to move your seat. The aforementioned things you’ve raise have been happening since ST’s were even a thing.
    Bring back standing areas and I’m nearly 60!

@hibs.net private member
    Safe standing surely just a matter of time.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    We're all nearly 60 on this site mate the kids have their own media outlets

Left by mutual consent!

Those are the standards I see everyday when I'm at the supermarket or any other place with a lot of people. Unfortunately you seem to have them sitting around you. The feral people out there seem to be multiplying god knows what it'll be like 20 or 30 years from now.

People do what people want always.
    Sigh.

Folk are entitled to go get food and bring it back, that's why it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Thanks for that, I feel much better now, I’ll just try to watch the game on the new screens.

Thanks for that, I feel much better now, I’ll just try to watch the game on the new screens.

Unsure what you’re complaining about? Do you expect folk to not move whilst the game is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Fair point but show some respect for the people sitting just wanting to watch the game.

Surely easier to eat something before or after the game or even half time not during it and spoiling somebody else’s day out

@hibs.net private member
    Just punch them, see 2013 Scottish Cup final 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Fair point but show some respect for the people sitting just wanting to watch the game.

Surely easier to eat something before or after the game or even half time not during it and spoiling somebody else’s day out
    Standing up to go for a pie isn’t ruining someone’s day out, and if it is then you really must have an easy life with nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    :-) I think there are a few folk in their 20s/30s. Probably doing it to bolster their CV for their care home applications.

I wouldn’t have minded a pie before the game or at half time but it’s bloody impossible to get served. I went down during the game thinking it would be fairly clear but, again, couldn’t get served (or not without missing a sizeable part of the game). Loads of folk coming in late because they decided to wait in the queues as well.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Are folk really starting to moan about fans going to get food and bringing it back or leaving a bit earlier, get a life

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    :-) I think there are a few folk in their 20s/30s. Probably doing it to bolster their CV for their care home applications.
    I think I'm just institutionalised now. Been here since it was Rivals.net! Also, Twitter is full of bams.

It's the people leaving early and decide to stand in front of you that pisses me off. If you want to leave early fine, if you're stopping check who your blocking and crouch down. Happened to me yesterday just when Allan hit the post, tapped the guy on the shoulder and he moaned at me FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    It's the people leaving early and decide to stand in front of you that pisses me off. If you want to leave early fine, if you're stopping check who your blocking and crouch down. Happened to me yesterday just when Allan hit the post, tapped the guy on the shoulder and he moaned at me FFS.
    Agree, you are made to feel it is your fault, seems to be the way it is these days.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    I do leave during injury time but I do it very slowly so as to time exiting the stand with the final whistle. I don't ever stop.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Are folk really starting to moan about fans going to get food and bringing it back or leaving a bit earlier, get a life
    If people are complaining about the length of time waiting to be served ,why don’t they bring their own food. I understand the food stands makes money for the club.food will probably be cheaper in the shops round about.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Unsure what you’re complaining about? Do you expect folk to not move whilst the game is going on?

I do, people will always need to nip to the loo etc but some seem to always get up before half time and before the end of the game. One of the reasons I love my seat so much is it rarely happens and as we are in the front row nobody gets up in front of us. I can't understand anyone missing a minute of a game involving Hibs that you are attending.

Saying all that I would have been nipping for a pee once or twice a half back in the 80s as I would have been half cut and have a different perspective now as a tea total 53 year old. It isn't a new issue and it is one of those where finding a good seat for you makes a big difference to the match day experience.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    … my 20 year old calls this site dads.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If standing up to let somebody out ruins your day then you must live a pretty miserable life

Get yourself a ticket right at the back of the stand then won't have anyone passing you on the stairs, sorted

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Safe standing surely just a matter of time.

Well Ron wants to overhaul the overall match day experience so it will surely be getting looked into. Man city introduced it in both the home away away sections of the lower South stand at the Etihad and it has been very well received by both home and away fans. Its the way forward. The whole East should be converted to safe standing and the lower South for away fans. Will improve the atmosphere straight away.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    If standing up to let somebody out ruins your day then you must live a pretty miserable life
    Doesn’t ruin my day mate but obviously does the opening poster hence why he posted.

By the way my life’s ******g great thank you very much so jog on

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Well Ron wants to overhaul the overall match day experience so it will surely be getting looked into. Man city introduced it in both the home away away sections of the lower South stand at the Etihad and it has been very well received by both home and away fans. Its the way forward. The whole East should be converted to safe standing and the lower South for away fans. Will improve the atmosphere straight away.
    Lower section of all 4 stands to start with then spread it out if it’s popular

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BobMilne
    Get a grip ffs. We’re just able to go back to games. Shock horror. Football fans being football fans.

@hibs.net private member

I never understand the 3.45pm pie. Not sure if many eat at that time when there isn't a match on.