hibs.net Messageboard

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Earning the right to play

First game back for me and watching live we are still very much the same Hibs team.

We got back into the game and took the lead as we fought for 2nd balls and were brave. Outside of that we gave them yards of space and sat off. St Mirren worked harder than us, on and off the ball.

I'm personally getting fed up of this sit in our own half counter attack stuff when opposition have the ball. Especially at home. Clearly it is successful in away games but we can't setup the same way at home especially since we are weak from cross balls into the box.

New screens were nice, I hope we make similar improvements to the squad and start confidently beating bottom six teams at home with some flair. Think we will need a big January window.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    I said to my mate about a minute before St Mirrens second ‘Aberdeen and Hearts both dropping points whilst were sitting back defending a one goal lead at home with five minutes to go - you know what happens next’ and rightfully so it did. Same old **** and so predictable. Came out the traps fantastic second half then as soon as we take the lead we just shat ourselves and stayed back and lost all energy and tempo, bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    In the first half St Mirren worked miles harder than us. When we came out for the second our energy was better and we started dominating. It happens quite often at home and really needs sorted. I thought the players looked clueless. Nisbet in particular didn't seem to understand if he was to come short or spin behind and players were either miles away from each other or packed in small areas. Saints completely nullified our game plan to the point it was hard to see what we were trying to achieve. Allan came on and changed the ball by simply playing simple balls, quickly and actually in front of players so it kept the tempo going. Doyle Hayes was very poor today and Newell not much better and although Magennis was very good he can't do it on his own. I'd say we had 5 or 6 players that played poorly or well below their standards today and we still drew the game. In some ways that is progress but it does seem to often pretty regularly