hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doig, backpost

Doig, backpost

He’s got to be coached to defend it.

Doig that is.

2. Log in to remove the advert

That was Scott Allan. 100%

I'd wonder why McGinn was left 2v1 again and again. Easy to defend a back post if you stop the cross

Still waiting on our 7 ft tall goalie to come out and take a contested cross inside the 6 yard box as well. We deserved what we got today. If we gave any ambition to be up the top constantly we should be playing these games out not wasting time and hanging on for a 2.1 against St mirror at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still waiting on our 7 ft tall goalie to come out and take a contested cross inside the 6 yard box as well. We deserved what we got today. If we gave any ambition to be up the top constantly we should be playing these games out not wasting time and hanging on for a 2.1 against St mirror at home.
    He seems to be getting taller by the hour, though someone called him 8ft tall on the match thread, by midnight he will be over 13ft tall 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I'd wonder why McGinn was left 2v1 again and again. Easy to defend a back post if you stop the cross
    McGinn stood and watched the boy cross it. No attempt to do anything.

Will we learn from this? Will we f×××! Same old same old.
    What do we do in training?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Goal was coming. We didnt really have a midfield during the last 10mins or so. Back 5 with 3 players pretty much sitting on top of them and a terrible 2 for defensive work rate left further up (Nisbet and Allan have poor defensive workrates, really miss Doidge).

St Mirren could get 10-15yards into our half before they were closed down. We always lose goals at critical point in games when this happens. Goes as far back as I can remember.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by StockholmHibs View Post
    Will we learn from this? Will we f×××! Same old same old.
    What do we do in training?
    I'd like to know once and for all what our goalkeepers are taught. Come for crosses or leave them to the defenders. Both Rocky and Macey exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    McGinn stood and watched the boy cross it. No attempt to do anything.
    The boy was like 10 yards away from McGinn because McGinn had had to come inside. Sorry but if a full back is 2v1 he's basically ****ed already. Boyle MIA

I'd love to see them on the training pitch and see what they're doing re stopping goals like this, happening all too often.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    I'd like to know once and for all what our goalkeepers are taught. Come for crosses or leave them to the defenders. Both Rocky and Macey exactly the same.
    Same here. I grew up seeing keepers come for everything near te 6yd box - especially tall ones. Then you had some who'd stay on their line and stop shots, leaving the defenders to deal with crosses.

I don't know what modern keepers, especially ours, are meant to do in these situations.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Would like to see it again, but whoever was at fault today we keep
    losing the same type of goal - cross from the right badly defended by the left side of our defence.

So far it's Doigs fault, McGinns fault, Allans fault n the goalie's fault!

How about we accept the team never a) held onto the lead or b) scored a third to put it behind reach and give the finger pointing a rest eh

We got what we deserved today which was 1 point

The amount of crosses that came into our box in the last 20 mins was ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    So far it's Doigs fault, McGinns fault, Allans fault n the goalie's fault!

How about we accept the team never a) held onto the lead or b) scored a third to put it behind reach and give the finger pointing a rest eh

We got what we deserved today which was 1 point
    If Petrie hasn't been blamed yet I'll throw him in the mix.

The boy was like 10 yards away from McGinn because McGinn had had to come inside. Sorry but if a full back is 2v1 he's basically ****ed already. Boyle MIA
    He wasn’t two on one at that one from my recollection. He was in so much space because full back made no attempt to get out.

He wasn’t two on one at that one from my recollection. He was in so much space because full back made no attempt to get out.
    Because he was also trying to cover the 2nd run...

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Because he was also trying to cover the 2nd run...
    Surely the danger is where the ball is? He did nothing. Who made the other run? I’d like to see it again but I thought the ball simply got passed wide and McGinn didn’t nothing to get out.

Whoever is at fault it’s something that keeps happening.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 18-09-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    I blame the tv screens players probably spent half the time looking at themselves on it

Surely the danger is where the ball is? He did nothing. Who made the other run? I’d like to see it again but I thought the ball simply got passed wide and McGinn didn’t nothing to get out.

Whoever is at fault it’s something that keeps happening.
    The 1st man had the ball and played it to the 2nd one. Unless we resign one of his brothers, McGinn cant be in 2 places at once. Boyle just has to track the fullback. Football basic.

The 1st man had the ball and played it to the 2nd one. Unless we resign one of his brothers, McGinn cant be in 2 places at once. Boyle just has to track the fullback. Football basic.
    Where did the boy pass it from though? One player passing to another doesn’t automatically equal a two on one.

I might change my mind when I see it back but, at the time, it never occurred to me that there was another player running past the boy who crossed it or anything like that.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    The number of free headers we allow for goals really is ridiculous. Same goal over and over obviously Shangnessy is good at heading the ball but surely we should be managing a challenge. No one attacking the ball at all.

Where did the boy pass it from though? One player passing to another doesn’t automatically equal a two on one.

I might change my mind when I see it back but, at the time, it never occurred to me that there was another player running past the boy who crossed it or anything like that.
    I didn't think it was 2 on 1 just thought mginn gave him 5 yards too much to allow the cross

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    You forgot Graham Mathie as well. Pity he can’t play centre half

I'd have to watch it back but my initial reaction was that it wasn't Doig's fault so not sure why we have a thread on him. The header comes from on or inside the 6 yard box and very central so centre halves and/or keeper at fault there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    I didn't think it was 2 on 1 just thought mginn gave him 5 yards too much to allow the cross
    That’s what I thought as well. Remember shouting at him to try and stop the cross rather than being concerned about any other runners.

Why we always looking to blame someone, whole team were off today, bad day at the office. Doig ran that whole left side himself today, he needs more help on the left...

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Well, Samson was one of the worst top flight keeper’s there’s ever been in Scotland.
    Macey was dreadful today. Not the only one though.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Don't think our management team did a great job tbh. When have we ever scraped a win at ER by bringing on more defensive reinforcements? It's very rare, it encourages us to become deeper even though we are already setup to counter attack.

I saw Samson and Potter giving Scott Allan some bizarre instructions as well. At one set piece he was told to stay forward and then told to stay with Erhahon to finally be told to not go so deep...even though he was tracking Erhahon.

As a team, with our management, we invited them to score that equaliser. Happens too often at ER.