hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member

football memorability from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s

Hello, I'm looking for football memorability from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s for a good cause, it's for Midlothian Community Hospital, it can be from any team not just Hibs, if anyone has any to donate the address is Midlothian Community Hospital, Penny Lane Ward, 70 Eskbank Road, EH22 3ND. Or pm me and I'll pick it for you, Thank You.

@hibs.net private member
    As football memorabilia is so lucrative these days I think you will struggle to get many donations.

But good luck anyway.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As football memorabilia is so lucrative these days I think you will struggle to get many donations.

But good luck anyway.
    It doesn't have to be expensive memorabilia bud, for example football picture cards from the 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s, that are not in the best condition are not going to fetch much if anything at all, but could be used at MCH to stimulate memories, thought and discussion, that's the type of thing I would like to put to a good use.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    It doesn't have to be expensive memorabilia bud, for example football picture cards from the 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s, that are not in the best condition are not going to fetch much if anything at all, but could be used at MCH to stimulate memories, thought and discussion, that's the type of thing I would like to put to a good use.
    Great idea. Hopefully as you have now highlighted it doesn't have to be in great nick you may get some memorabilia.

Good luck.

I will have a look for you, but most of my stuff doesn't fit these decades.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I've got plenty old programmes, mostly Hibs obviously but some Scotland and even Hearts. Might also have a sticker book from the 70s. It'll take some digging out but I'll see what I can do

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I've got plenty old programmes, mostly Hibs obviously but some Scotland and even Hearts. Might also have a sticker book from the 70s. It'll take some digging out but I'll see what I can do
    Thanks very much, it's much appreciated, pm me if you want me to pick it up

First Team Breakthrough
    Small donation sent, hope it helps

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tynehibs View Post
    Small donation sent, hope it helps
    Thanks very much tynehibs, it's much appreciated

Thanks very much tynehibs, it's much appreciated
    I have a load of 50’s 60’s & 70s Football annuals That pics & articles can be cut out of . Going up to MCH today as daughter going for vaccination can I drop these off somewhere whilst up ?

[QUOTE=king stanton;6700771]I have a load of 50’s 60’s & 70s Football annuals That pics & articles can be cut out of . Going up to MCH today as daughter going for vaccination can I drop these off
    Dropped off at reception

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=king stanton;6700857]
    Quote Originally Posted by king stanton View Post
    I have a load of 50’s 60’s & 70s Football annuals That pics & articles can be cut out of . Going up to MCH today as daughter going for vaccination can I drop these off
    Dropped off at reception
    Hey king stanton, if it was you that dropped off the football books in an Asda bag at the MCH reception I just just wanted to express how grateful I am, and share a little story with you, we have a patient who suffers from dementia who we have got very little conversation from, we don't know a great deal about him apart from, that he was originally a miner from Yorkshire who has stayed up here for over 40 years, before being admitted.

When going through one of the football books, he said "Norman Hunter, bites yer legs". We never knew that he is a big Leeds fan, and you can see the wry smile on his face when anyone says Glory Glory Leeds United or Norman Hunter bites yer legs. This is how the football books have been put to good use and are an in-valuable communication tool, Thank You

Glad to be of help
    I can vouch for the bite yer legs as seen him in action a couple of times against Hibs !

@hibs.net private member
    Ok folks, I just wanted to say a big Thank You, for all the generous donations, we have enough now, so no more is required, one patient who is from the dark side who couldn't name a single Hawrts player now said when going over one of the annuals, that's a right good team, when asked what team that is, he said the one with Smith, Johnstone Turnbull, Ormond and Reilly, that's how all the generous donations are being used as a communication tool, it's well appreciated, Thank You
    Last edited by 147lothian; 27-09-2021 at 08:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Ok folks, I just wanted to say a big Thank You, for all the generous donations, we have enough now, so no more is required, one patient who is from the dark side who couldn't name a single Hawrts player now said when going over one of the annuals, that's a right good team, when asked what team that is, he said the one with Smith, Johnstone Turnbull, Ormond and Reilly, that's how all the generous donations are being used as a communication tool, it's well appreciated, Thank You
    Good stuff, sorry I didn't manage to drop anything in but glad you have plenty.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Good stuff, sorry I didn't manage to drop anything in but glad you have plenty.
    No worries mate, we have enough now and as previously mentioned, they are being put to good use, thanks for the offer anyway