hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No idea how it all works,but, I bought a 30 quid Firestick from Amazon and I pay 80 quid a year for absolutely everything, all Scottish/english football, rugby, F1, films, series etc etc. Loads of foreign channels and hundreds of US channels, sports, etc.... works out as less than 10 quid a month. Very happy.
    It is also illegal though, so you have to balance the risk of getting caught into the cost. Unlikely to get caught, but they do make an example of the people they do. Your IP address also gives them a map to find you.

So many people do it that the vast majority never get into bother, but the small % that do get absolutely fleeced

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    It is also illegal though, so you have to balance the risk of getting caught into the cost. Unlikely to get caught, but they do make an example of the people they do. Your IP address also gives them a map to find you.

So many people do it that the vast majority never get into bother, but the small % that do get absolutely fleeced

I'm not sure it is illegal.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'm not sure it is illegal.
    It is. When we were in the EU however, there was arguably a loophole that meant you could watch say Greek coverage and bypass sky, that is now closed.
    If you have not paid the official distributor for access and you have managed to stream it, thst has been stolen. Examples being people who can get hibstv heartstv etc on sticks or even more so with sky sports etc.
    Typically, it's the people selling the modified devices and subscriptions who get charged, but it's not unheard of for individual users to be charged and fined too.
    More info, although not the clearest, at this link
    https://crimestoppers-uk.org/keeping-safe/online-safety/streaming-online-know-the-risks

@hibs.net private member
    Gutted, not able to travel up anywhere near as much as I'd like to get to games and it has been brilliant being able to watch the Hibs so regularly again, don't think I've missed a game since the league shutdown.

Must've been a decent wee earner for the club too, it's a shame.
    Back to Hibs TV audio and avoiding scores for games on Alba it is.

It is. When we were in the EU however, there was arguably a loophole that meant you could watch say Greek coverage and bypass sky, that is now closed.
    If you have not paid the official distributor for access and you have managed to stream it, thst has been stolen. Examples being people who can get hibstv heartstv etc on sticks or even more so with sky sports etc.
    Typically, it's the people selling the modified devices and subscriptions who get charged, but it's not unheard of for individual users to be charged and fined too.
    https://crimestoppers-uk.org/keeping-safe/online-safety/streaming-online-know-the-risks
    I would think a VPN sorts these issues out.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I would think a VPN sorts these issues out.
    True, but using a VPN for this purpose is definitely illegal in the UK. VPNs aren't illegal, but uses for certain purposes are.

For clarity, I don't care what people chose to do, but it worries me when someone says "I use this thing, dont know how it works, but it's great". These people don't know that they could get into bother down the line.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...eo-viewers/amp

As if by magic. Daily express, apologies, but the police are cracking down on folk watching streaming services illegally.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

You can watch this one as not a Saturday game.

Unfortunately, I am on a date with the cougars so will miss it.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    You can watch this one as not a Saturday game.

Unfortunately, I am on a date with the cougars so will miss it.
    I hadn't realised that so thank you very much for the heads up, ordered

Quote Originally Posted by OtleyHibs View Post
    I hadn't realised that so thank you very much for the heads up, ordered
    No worries.

I'm at Workington watching the Keighley Cougars. Sure you will have heard of them if living in Otley.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    No worries.

I'm at Workington watching the Keighley Cougars. Sure you will have heard of them if living in Otley.
    Certainly have mate, got a few workmates from Keighley too, hope you get 2 good results tomorrow

I thought it was only illegal to stream it (ie those you buy it from) - but not illegal to watch it. Hence that link that’s been put up, they’ll crack down on those who create the stream, and just shut it down so the rest can’t watch it. The risk is in losing your money.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I thought it was only illegal to stream it (ie those you buy it from) - but not illegal to watch it. Hence that link that’s been put up, they’ll crack down on those who create the stream, and just shut it down so the rest can’t watch it. The risk is in losing your money.

This