Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had my 5 free reads so can't read it unfortunately 👀
    Get the browser duck duck go.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    It’s not becoming a .net fact. Brightside clearly doesn’t believe it. You presumably don’t see it as a .net fact. It’s simply a theory that people have suggested could (could being the key word here, as people have been quite clear that what they’re posting isn’t a fact which just makes the .net fact patter even more stupid) have been the reason behind it.
    Of course it is. You yourself are suggesting that people should apologise because a rumour has been proved correct (even though it hasn't).

Nobody has called you argumentative on this subject so I’m not sure why you’re suggesting that.
    It'll come, don't worry.

He works in football. That’s the nature of the beast. People speak about how you’re doing in your role whether you’re the centre forward, manager, chairman, stadium announcer or head of the catering.

So no, it’s not in any way personal and the idea it is personal is pretty ridiculous really.

Following on from flash’s post, by your and underscores measures, we should just shut down the forum. Football is a job for everyone at Hibs and it shouldn’t be discussed.
    See my post above.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What parts of his character have been mentioned? The only mention of his character I’ve seen is that he’s a really nice guy
    That he is an incompetent?

On the basis of rumour and hearsay
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 17-09-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m sure I’ve seen you discussing players wages from an ITK perspective before Brightside, that’s a lot worse in terms of staying respectful IMO.

Mathie is in a high profile job at a football club, people will discuss if he’s good at it or not and for the most part he’s had huge amounts of praise. Now it’s being widely reported he’s being sacked, of course it’s going to be discussed.

Nothing disrespectful about that IMO.
    There are posters on here that claimed he personally ****ed up the transfers on deadline day. Totally made up rumours with no substance. As soon as someone at Hibs says it’s a fact I will apologise to those on here that have taken that rumour and constantly regurgitated it. That’s me done on it. There is no benefit in me being in this discussion.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    At least Rod knew the value of keeping good people at the club.
    You mean like keeping himself as Chief Exec for far too long and overseeing our 7 year spiral from league cup winners to the Championship?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    We can see whether a manager is getting anything like the best out of his available players, how he sets up the team, his tactics and tactical changes, the substitions he makes, the sort of players he prefers to sign/play and how he interacts with the media and thus the fans.

We see what players do and don't do when they're playing, we see whether they're unlucky or otherwise with injuries and we get a fair idea of their personality on and off the pitch and what they might bring to the team.

It's far easier to judge how well managers and players are doing their jobs than somebody like Graeme Mathie whose most high profile work ironically has to be carried out in the most confidential manner.
    And the incidents that people mentioned were no longer confidential such as McCrorie, Ojo, Doig, McGrath. Hence why they’re being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The manager has a clearly defined role at the club, we see every week what he says and whether he is successful or not. That’s not the case with Mathie, we have open criticism without any facts to back it up. Obviously this is a football forum and no aspect of what goes on at the club is out of bounds for discussion, but when people are presenting rumours as facts I find it a bit disappointing, especially when someone is losing their job.
    I know I am banging in and i apologise for that but I don't see this open criticism.
    I see people speculating as to the reasons behind what is happening and there's nothing wrong with that.
    I think it's pretty widely known that certain people within the club don't have the greatest working relationship just like any other place of work.
    It's surely not unreasonable for those of us who pour our hard earned cash into the club to discuss these matters on our own forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Point us in the direction of ant "character assassination". This is getting ridiculous now.
    Can't get on with the manager

That he is an incompetent

Overplayed his hand on Doig

Failure to get x y & z deals over the line without any knowledge of why they failed

Need I go on?

And the incidents that people mentioned were no longer confidential such as McCrorie, Ojo, Doig, McGrath. Hence why they’re being discussed.
    Mathie has spoken about McCrorie, basically saying that we were shafted but without going into details.

As for the rest, we can only speculate as to what happened. You seem to have decided that things happened a certain way and maybe because of a certain person - I don't know and prefer to keep an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    There are posters on here that claimed he personally ****ed up the transfers on deadline day. Totally made up rumours with no substance. As soon as someone at Hibs says it’s a fact I will apologise to those on here that have taken that rumour and constantly regurgitated it. That’s me done on it. There is no benefit in me being in this discussion.
    If only we’d all held your numerous nonsense rumours to the same standard of needing verification from the club themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I'm out too. I have to do some work.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 17-09-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

Failure to get x y & z deals over the line without any knowledge of why they failed

Need I go on?
    That's not character assassination. People are simply trying to work out why this is happening.
    I don't see the incompetent accusations anywhere other than possibly one post on the PM board.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    I did and it still hit the limit - do you then click on their fire icon and reset everything?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Mathie has spoken about McCrorie, basically saying that we were shafted but without going into details.

As for the rest, we can only speculate as to what happened. You seem to have decided that things happened a certain way and maybe because of a certain person - I don't know and prefer to keep an open mind.
    No, I’ve asked the question as to whether the highly publicised incidents and rumours have caused this. That’s it. I’ve never once claimed anythinn I’ve posted is fact, neither has HC. Infact he couldn’t have stressed the word supposedly enough when he posted his rumour but that didn’t stop the usual suspects piling in and claiming he was posting it as fact.

I’m quite happy to keep an open mind if I think a more plausible version of events is put forward of which there hasn’t been imo.

Most of the stuff discussed on here we can only speculate about. We don’t know what the exact instructions of the 11 players on the pitch are every week but we still talk about their performance. The forum would be a very quiet place if we had to have all the facts from behind the scenes at the club before discussion could commence.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 17-09-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Some people said things like "Jack Ross will be raging because we failed to bring in another striker". There hasn't been a rumour. Just some people's imagination presented as fact.

Need I go on?
    New CEO and a poor finish to the transfer window, then suddenly within a couple of weeks, the papers are saying he's being given the elbow by Hibs. Of course there'll be speculation as to why it's happened, it's only natural, I've not seen one post criticising Mathie on a personal basis but when he suddenly gets the bullet going by 2-3 papers all running the same story, yes we'll discuss it.

Questions will be asked over his ability to do the job after not getting McGrath signed up, the cock up with McRorie and Ojo, puling Doig out of the squad with Ross saying an offer was incoming, only to be added back to the squad with no offers whatsoever for the lad. Rumours that he didn't get on with Ross and Ross himself looking and sounding very frustrated with the transfer window in the last couple of weeks. Is his commute starting to get to him.

No one is having a go at Mathie, we're discussing all this because it looks like a well respected member of staff at Hibs may be losing his job and we're all trying to get our heads round it all, it's only natural to talk about these things on a fans forum.
    Last edited by J-C; 17-09-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Let's face it. His penny pinching and trying to get players in on the cheap and leaving a very important signing till the very last minute, then failing to get the deal through has cost him his job. Add to that, failing to get a new centre half in before the European games probably cost the club £millions

Ron doesn't sound the type that will not tolerate incompetence to the detriment of the club.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    You mean like keeping himself as Chief Exec for far too long and overseeing our 7 year spiral from league cup winners to the Championship?
    Aye but apart from that he was nice and lovely and let people stay in jobs way longer than they should have when we were on the way down because they were “good people”. Real change only happened when he was forced into it through relegation. I’m delighted with the way Ron is doing things so far.

Whatever happened with McCart cost us European progression, IMO. That along with the failings towards the end of the window won’t look good on Mathie.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    A significant figure at the club leaves in what seems like an unexpected manner. Some posters summarise and speculate as to the reasons for this. So what? Graeme Mathie is a guy who had a significant role at the club, many fans feel the club hasn't performed as it should in the transfer window and attribute this to the person in charge of our recruitment (it's hardly an earth shattering connection to make really, is it?)

Cue wildly random debate that turns quite nasty......

Speculate away, he's (was) head of recruitment/ sporting director, most people can cope with being able to engage their own thought processes on the matter. In my view it's ripe for discussion and a few of the over stimulated shouldn't stifle the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Some people said things like "Jack Ross will be raging because we failed to bring in another striker". There hasn't been a rumour. Just some people's imagination presented as fact.
    Well he used the word frustrated but he was raging.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    A significant figure at the club leaves in what seems like an unexpected manner. Some posters summarise and speculate as to the reasons for this. So what? Graeme Mathie is a guy who had a significant role at the club, many fans feel the club hasn't performed as it should in the transfer window and attribute this to the person in charge of our recruitment (it's hardly an earth shattering connection to make really, is it?)

Speculate away, he's (was) head of recruitment/ sporting director, most people can cope with being able to engage their own thought processes on the matter. In my view it's ripe for discussion and a few of the over stimulated shouldn't stifle the conversation.

The idea that this shouldn’t be discussed is simply stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Fantastic cheers

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Very good post. I see it as a great opportunity for the club moving forward. There were clearly serious shortcomings in the summer window.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Aye but apart from that he was nice and lovely and let people stay in jobs way longer than they should have when we were on the way down because they were “good people”. Real change only happened when he was forced into it through relegation. I’m delighted with the way Ron is doing things so far.

Whatever happened with McCart cost us European progression, IMO. That along with the failings towards the end of the window won’t look good on Mathie.
    Well if we're in the business of supposition, what would have the outcry been if it'd been McCart that got sent off in Europe, costing the club in potential revenue and a significant transfer fee to boot? "Mathie's dud has cost us dearly" would be my bet.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Blog Entries

The idea that this shouldn’t be discussed is simply stupid.
    It absolutely should be discussed but with a bit of respect to the party involved rather than hanging him out to dry on the basis of speculation

It absolutely should be discussed but with a bit of respect to the party involved rather than hanging him out to dry on the basis of speculation
    The idea that he’s being hung out to dry is simply stupid.

Essentially what you’re saying is we should all post “jolly good job sir” and be on our way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Well if we're in the business of supposition, what would have the outcry been if it'd been McCart that got sent off in Europe, costing the club in potential revenue and a significant transfer fee to boot? "Mathie's dud has cost us dearly" would be my bet.
    At least we would have had a stronger squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That is incredibly disrespectful to McCart. I’m actually quite disgusted.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Let's face it. His penny pinching and trying to get players in on the cheap and leaving a very important signing till the very last minute, then failing to get the deal through has cost him his job. Add to that, failing to get a new centre half in before the European games probably cost the club £millions

Ron doesn't sound the type that will not tolerate incompetence to the detriment of the club.
    Any actual evidence for any of this assertion?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Some people really are taking Mathie moving on personally. It's football, it happens. It should be viewed as a good opportunity for the club to move to the next level.