hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People need to look a lot closer to the dugout for reasons why we didn't bring in the players we wanted.
    Ross? What is Mathie there for then?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    People need to look a lot closer to the dugout for reasons why we didn't bring in the players we wanted.
    By “we wanted” do you mean the recruitment team wanted or the manger wanted?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’m not quite sure what proof you expect but it was pretty widely rumoured at the time. Certain folk were given dogs abuse for it and yet here we are 2 weeks later and Mathie is about to be binned.
    Something a bit more valid than some random rumour. Who knows he is probably leaving for a better job no idea. Certainly don't think any failure in a transfer can be imo unfairly laid at the door of one person.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I can sense a new dot net fact emerging today.

@hibs.net private member
    Ross doesn’t have a part to play in virtually the full recruitment process.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I can sense a new dot net fact emerging today.
    A couple I would think.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Happy to trust our CEO and owner.

If they feel Mathie's not up to the job, which appears to be the case, then so be it.

It's a cutthroat business, Mathie will understand that perfectly well and move on to another club.

I like that the club are continually trying to improve.

If you've been happy with what Mathie has brought to the table, imagine what someone even better can do. Exciting times.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Mathie, the man who should always be thanked, for getting Hibs John McGinn
    Good luck Graeme wherever you end up

McGinn was on his way to Dundee Utd. His agent contacted Hibs. We scrambled about to raise transfer fee. Hence we agreed to a very high sell on clause.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    I worry about where we're going as a club and what Ron's motive is. Good people who care about the club getting the heave or being forced to leave

Can only hope he knows what he's doing. For a man with not very much footballing knowledge, he certainly seems to have a clear idea how things should be done in his mind.
    I think if you look at the transition of staff and the evidence of what the new staff have delivered, all Ron is doing is getting in people to deliver more/better than the folk who handed them the baton.

That’s not to say that the people leaving where ineffective or poor at their jobs, the observation I have is that previously we were like a Sunday driver - going along nicely in a nice wee car getting to where we wanted to be.

Now, Ron’s brought in a faster driver, got someone who knows how to tweak the engine to get more horsepower out of it, a navigator that knows the quickest route, and a driver who can get more out of the car.

Commercially, we are on another level from as recently as two years ago - look at the sheer number of partnerships/sponsorships we’re getting. The stadium is being revamped with big screens, better food kiosks, a better hospitality offering. The media team are producing consistently better content, the recruitment team are delivering better players, the manager is producing better, more consistent results.

There’s no mask slipping - the evidence is tangible and right in front of us. The club is going places, and the changing of the guard is part of that process - good Hibs people have left and will leave and the remit of the people replacing them is to push the club on. It’s happening.

Personally I think this change could be what is needed to push onto that next level. Graeme has done a fantastic job in his years here, but now we need that little bit extra. I trust Ron on this one.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think if you look at the transition of staff and the evidence of what the new staff have delivered, all Ron is doing is getting in people to deliver more/better than the folk who handed them the baton.

That’s not to say that the people leaving where ineffective or poor at their jobs, the observation I have is that previously we were like a Sunday driver - going along nicely in a nice wee car getting to where we wanted to be.

Now, Ron’s brought in a faster driver, got someone who knows how to tweak the engine to get more horsepower out of it, a navigator that knows the quickest route, and a driver who can get more out of the car.

Commercially, we are on another level from as recently as two years ago - look at the sheer number of partnerships/sponsorships we’re getting. The stadium is being revamped with big screens, better food kiosks, a better hospitality offering. The media team are producing consistently better content, the recruitment team are delivering better players, the manager is producing better, more consistent results.

There’s no mask slipping - the evidence is tangible and right in front of us. The club is going places, and the changing of the guard is part of that process - good Hibs people have left and will leave and the remit of the people replacing them is to push the club on. It’s happening.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Happy to trust our CEO and owner.

If they feel Mathie's not up to the job, which appears to be the case, then so be it.

It's a cutthroat business, Mathie will understand that perfectly well and move on to another club.

I like that the club are continually trying to improve.

If you've been happy with what Mathie has brought to the table, imagine what someone even better can do. Exciting times.
    Absolutely agree. Football is a tough business. If Ron and Ben think we can do better then so be it. We've always spoke about the potential of this club. Seems people are finally trying to fulfill it.

The original article says ‘another high profile exit’ from hibs. What are the on about ? Who are the other high profile exits?

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    The original article says ‘another high profile exit’ from hibs. What are the on about ? Who are the other high profile exits?
    Dempster I assume.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Dempster would be one.

Dempster was about 100 years ago!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Dempster.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    McGinn was on his way to Dundee Utd. His agent contacted Hibs. We scrambled about to raise transfer fee. Hence we agreed to a very high sell on clause.
    That wouldn’t have had much to do with it ..after he didn’t get an offer from America, Saints were always due a significant dev fee…over 300k if he signed for a scottish club. Hibs didn’t want to have to pay that, so shaped a deal that reduced the fee . Was a great deal at the time . Tbf , has remained a good deal for everyone as no one could have dreamt of the levels he has got to

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Recruited excellent players for Hibs. Its scary how much better we've been at transfers in the last 7 years, than the 7 before that. Anyone saying he was ***** is talking rubbish.
    Spot on, Graham has been excellent for Hibs. I know he had a lot of travelling from his house in Ayrshire and this might have something to do with it. I doubt he will have been sacked at least I hope not.

That's what I was meaning in an earlier post. The press with their misleading pish as per.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Thought he was going to Houston with Owen Coyle

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Spot on, Graham has been excellent for Hibs. I know he had a lot of travelling from his house in Ayrshire and this might have something to do with it. I doubt he will have been sacked at least I hope not.
    Be a bit strange if his commute was a problem after 7 years at the club.

New CEO in place, he might have a different view on how the club should be structured. He may have somebody in mind from down south to replace Mathie.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Be a bit strange if his commute was a problem after 7 years at the club.
    Jack Ross commutes from Sunderland.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I don’t disagree with that but the rumour seemed to be that their was some real bad blood because of the failure to get people in at the end of the window so it’s more of a case of an issue in isolation the other week rather than over 43 games.

Maybe Ron is now looking at us being at a much higher risk of failing in the league cup or leaving ourselves with to much to do in the league due to the Mathie “balls up” that was rumoured? Either of those things could cost the club hundreds of thousands if not over a million if we go out of the league cup because we’re short of a striker or if we leave ourselves with to much to do for third so it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility for someone to be binned for it if that’s the way RG is looking at it. I’m not saying he is looking at it that way or that I agree with it btw.

Mathie leaving would certainly give credence to the rumour that went about after deadline day though. He certainly wasn’t flavour of the month at Hibs if the rumour was true.
    Surely if Mathie did not get the players in, RG has to carry some of the blame? I’m sure GM was working to a budget set by people further up the tree?

The other side is that possibly GM did not bring in enough funds over the summer

Every one jumping to the conclusion that he's been emptied however it could be that as an employee and not a contractor he is just serving his notice after resigning because he has another job lined up...

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Jack Ross commutes from Sunderland.
    He commutes to and from Sunderland to take training every day?

Mathie has done a more than decent job and I'm a bit surprised he is someone we are looking to move in if it is indeed the case.

Obviously a new owner and new CEO will want their own people and there has been a steady turnover of staff since the takeover. Whenever that happens there is always an element of risk, particularly when the people being replaced have been largely successful. That wasn't the case for some of the others who have moved on but it certainly is in this instance.

Time will tell.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Could be a huge blow if that’s true. Having a consistent Sporting/Recruitment director is something that’s set us a part from a lot of other clubs.
    A huge blow? Is that not a bit dramatic?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Every one jumping to the conclusion that he's been emptied however it could be that as an employee and not a contractor he is just serving his notice after resigning because he has another job lined up...
    Red tops saying he’s been let go..