hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Realistically how many Hibs fans do you think would buy into it?

I’d guess a couple of dozen at most, probably less.
    I'd be happy to chip in to help cover the cost of banning Rangers and Celtic fans from Easter Road but wouldn't be willing to pay nearly £30.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    I don't understand this. For any away games against the old firm clubs are unlikely to get any more than 1k tickets so how can they not be accommodated? The OF don't have 49 and 59k season ticket holders do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I would absolutely give £27 or whatever it is to cover the cost of one less Rangers fan at ER. Someone needs to start this.

i live in Shetland so can only get to 3 or 4 games a season( its allways over £500 each time i do) ime not rich and work as a labourer but i would gladly stay in a weekend and cut out whatever so to have the money to buy 2 tickets to keep them away from Easter Road gladly!! or give them the whole allocation they usually get at £150 per ticket

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I think I may be in the minority but the talk of tit for tat banning, or some other move, that prevents away supporters from coming to Easter Road is the thin edge of the wedge. IMHO

We have already seen it with Celtc saying that they can't accommodate away supporters, and rangers followed suit. Both of them give around 1,000 tickets normally and hibs have restricted away supporters in the past to similar. The safety and segregation of opposition supporters is what hasn't been mentioned. Away supporters at both the Glasgow clubs are located in corners as they are able to be kept apart (in the main), the South stand can be divided into two sections that allows segregation and if the home support is larger than 16,000 then we can realistically limit away supporters to half of the stand.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Realistically how many Hibs fans do you think would buy into it?

I’d guess a couple of dozen at most, probably less.
    Not me. I’m not so sure I’m willing to pay extra because they sing hateful songs about my religion, that doesn’t seem fair.
    It wouldn’t do anything towards solving the causes of sectarianism anyway, all it would do is fuel the rigid tribalism between football fans that so many get caught up in. The solution for me starts with reaching out to the many decent Rangers fans out there and helping to strengthen their voice.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    I don't understand this. For any away games against the old firm clubs are unlikely to get any more than 1k tickets so how can they not be accommodated? The OF don't have 49 and 59k season ticket holders do they?
    45,000 limit on ST’s. The 5000 left over will be around 1300 in corner (when segregation is factored in) and the rest will be hospitality seats in main stand which will be sold on game to game basis across the various tiers of packages.

Until the home fans in the sections surrounding dugout can return, I don’t think you’ll see any away fans for league matches. As much as I’d like to stick the boot into them, if Hibs were in a similar situation we’d be doing the exact same. Our biggest rivals Hearts, are able to relocate fans whilst still being able to offer a full Roseburn to us. Rangers don’t look if they can. Not much we can do about I’m afraid.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Have them in the ground in full voice with cameras and microphones pointed at them so I we can pick up the amount of bile they come out with. Then post allllll the clips to the clubs Twitter.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    That’s where they have relocated some of their own season ticket holders who had seats in their red zone.
    Sorry but what is the ‘red zone’ ?
    Does this apply just to the match against us or are there no away fans at Ibrox this season?
    If so how the hell can they get away with that??

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Sorry but what is the ‘red zone’ ?
    Does this apply just to the match against us or are there no away fans at Ibrox this season?
    If so how the hell can they get away with that??
    Every club has a red zone at the moment. It's where the substitutes are put in the stand instead of their usual position in the dugout due to Covid-19 protocols.

As a result the fans who normally sit in those seats are relocated to other parts of the stadium.

For example our fans in that part of the West Stand have been relocated to the executive area whilst this rule is in place.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Let 3800 Hibs fans in for free to fill the away end. If it's good enough for the ladies team...
    ST holders heads would explode!

Give the away end to schools in Edinburgh.

J

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Every club has a red zone at the moment. It's where the substitutes are put in the stand instead of their usual position in the dugout due to Covid-19 protocols.

As a result the fans who normally sit in those seats are relocated to other parts of the stadium.

For example our fans in that part of the West Stand have been relocated to the executive area whilst this rule is in place.
    Cheers, don’t have any of that in English league

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Not me. I’m not so sure I’m willing to pay extra because they sing hateful songs about my religion, that doesn’t seem fair.
    It wouldn’t do anything towards solving the causes of sectarianism anyway, all it would do is fuel the rigid tribalism between football fans that so many get caught up in. The solution for me starts with reaching out to the many decent Rangers fans out there and helping to strengthen their voice.
    Banning Rangers and Celtic this season has nothing to do with their bigoted hate filled followings and everything to do with our away support being banned from their grounds. Until that changes then ‘tit for tat’ it is.

II’d simply ban them and I’d cite the reason “as a family club we find sectarian singing and the racist sentiments that underpin this unacceptable. Unfortunately in this fixture we have been unable to prevent mass chanting of this sort. Therefore we’re forced to take this measure.”

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    ST holders heads would explode!

Give the away end to schools in Edinburgh.

J
    Careful. Which schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don’t think it’s as black an white as cutting your nose off to spite your face.Every owner of every Scottish club is going to have to learn that there’s a price to be paid for letting Rangers do whatever they like.Appeasing Rangers pisses me off big time, and Ron will have to work out how often he can get away with pissing off his own most loyal customers in order to host sash bashes at Easter Road whilst Rangers won’t provide our support with a single ticket.That full end of Rangers fans comes with a cost.
    Only Celtic and Rangers can sell every seat in their grounds to their own supporters.Accordingly they don't and won't ever need the other teams supporters.Hibs have sold a little over 11,000 season tickets this season and have about 2,000 walk ups.That leaves almost 7,500 seats Hibs supporters won't or can't pay for.How would Ron Gordon interpret that and banning Rangers supporters from ER?7,500 at £20 a skull equates £150k dropped per home game. Over a season we are dropping almost £3 millionFortunately you can reduce that to £2 million by taking an an extra £1 million in the 6 games against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts..........................and you want me to ban Rangers supporters because they didn't sell any tickets to our supporters.My club doesn't make any money from tickets sold to Ibrox. What is your point?You and others want Ron Gordon the man who broke cover last week with the other American based owners and Anderson Hearts to go chasing more revenue to chuck £150k away to make a point. It's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    II’d simply ban them and I’d cite the reason “as a family club we find sectarian singing and the racist sentiments that underpin this unacceptable. Unfortunately in this fixture we have been unable to prevent mass chanting of this sort. Therefore we’re forced to take this measure.”
    away stand capacity 4,000 I believe, 2 Rangers visits a season at say £30 = £240,000
    Never good to lose funds but not crippling - a price worth paying in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If we reduce or do not give them any tickets for the game at ER its guaranteed that several of them will end up in the home end leading to trouble, its happened before and it will happen again. Not worth it.
    Could we not issue a statement stating that we cannot guarantee the safety of any non-hibs fans in the home end or better still ensure that the stewards can refuse entry to any non-hibs fans, should be fairly easy to police?

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Only Celtic and Rangers can sell every seat in their grounds to their own supporters.Accordingly they don't and won't ever need the other teams supporters.Hibs have sold a little over 11,000 season tickets this season and have about 2,000 walk ups.That leaves almost 7,500 seats Hibs supporters won't or can't pay for.How would Ron Gordon interpret that and banning Rangers supporters from ER?7,500 at £20 a skull equates £150k dropped per home game. Over a season we are dropping almost £3 millionFortunately you can reduce that to £2 million by taking an an extra £1 million in the 6 games against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts..........................and you want me to ban Rangers supporters because they didn't sell any tickets to our supporters.My club doesn't make any money from tickets sold to Ibrox. What is your point?You and others want Ron Gordon the man who broke cover last week with the other American based owners and Anderson Hearts to go chasing more revenue to chuck £150k away to make a point. It's not happening.
    Whether Hibs make money off our away support is irrelevant - these two clubs are ****ting all over the 1000 fans that would be going and follow us home and away. That should have repercussions. I’m sure Ron Gordon believes in his and his teams’ ability to be creative and come up with ways to maximise our revenues without relying on the ugly sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Whether Hibs make money off our away support is irrelevant - these two clubs are ****ting all over the 1000 fans that would be going and follow us home and away. That should have repercussions. I’m sure Ron Gordon believes in his and his teams’ ability to be creative and come up with ways to maximise our revenues without relying on the ugly sisters.
    Ron is a business man.
    He only sees the bottom line.
    Maximise revenue.Minimise costs.
    Build the brand.
    Buy low, sell high.
    He will only get in a fight with Rangers to gain power or revenue.
    I think he's a shrewd operator.
    He won't consider banning Rangers supporters.
    He will simply see them as a very good revenue stream to be exploited to the max.
    Suspect he sees us in the same way.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-09-2021 at 12:29 AM.

Ron is a business man.
    Build the brand.
    Buy low, sell high.
    He will simply see them as a very good revenue stream to be exploited to the max.
    Are you his biographer or something?

Ron is a business man.
    Build the brand.
    Buy low, sell high.
    There is no fight to be had. Like I said, regardless of any decision we make this season, they would still take tickets in the future. Minimal short term hit to make a point and most likely unite our whole support and show we have someone who cares behind us (whether you believe it or not) would have long term benefits for our club.

@hibs.net private member
    We are not filling our space in the stands we have ..so really can’t imagine any decision that doesn’t give them tickets for the away end

That said, it is appalling that both the OF are getting away without making some away fan tickets available

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    There is no fight to be had. Like I said, regardless of any decision we make this season, they would still take tickets in the future. Minimal short term hit to make a point and most likely unite our whole support and show we have someone who cares behind us (whether you believe it or not) would have long term benefits for our club.
    Hang on though, you’re assuming the majority of Hibs fans think like you and want us to go tit for tat with Rangers.

What if the vast majority of us are happy with a full away end of Rangers or Celtic fans?

Should the club just ignore that and pander to you?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Hang on though, you’re assuming the majority of Hibs fans think like you and want us to go tit for tat with Rangers.

What if the vast majority of us are happy with a full away end of Rangers or Celtic fans?

Should the club just ignore that and pander to you?

Left by mutual consent!
    What long term benefits?

The club can't turn down money if Hibs fans aren't doing their bit by attending games to reduce the away allocation - it's been tried before.

We have lost 2,500 season ticket holders for each of the last 2 seasons.
    We had no walk ups last season.
    We had no food or hospitality sales last season.
    We were allowed only a tiny crowd into our European games and glamour friendly.
    We have bought players and improved the contracts of others whilst not making any sales.

All of the above is revenue we have lost or spending in the case of players and their contracts.
    Given all these circumstances Ron Gordon isn't going to be making any points to anybody including Rangers which will cost Hibs a chunk of revenue.
    I think he has done a great job through covid and will be keeping his eyes on the prize of progress and improvement for Hibs and that means grabbing any revenue he and his business team can get their hands on until we can sell a player for a few million quid.
    Tit for tat is not on the menu of options for this supporter issue.

P.S. I am in my 60's and have never ever set foot inside Ibrox. Principles are for individuals and mine mean I have never given that club a penny and never had to listen to their supporters songs other than when they are paying Hibs handsomely for the privilege of being at ER. Make the decision that sits right for you in this matter. My hope is that Ron can build the club and we can have 16,000 season ticket holders. Then we can give Celtic and Rangers supporters the tiny percentage of our ground that they give us of theirs. That would be a great day.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-09-2021 at 10:45 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Sam, there is no point some people don't get it mate. They are so caught up in appeasing Rangers and not realising the damage it's doing to their own club and more importantly the travelling fans. Too many on here are too happy to sit at home and say they "don't like" going to Ibrox anyway.

It doesn't affect them like it does others so they stand "tall" on their moral high ground.

They who shout loudest though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Sam, there is no point some people don't get it mate. They are so caught up in appeasing Rangers and not realising the damage it's doing to their own club and more importantly the travelling fans. Too many on here are too happy to sit at home and say they "don't like" going to Ibrox anyway.

It doesn't affect them like it does others so they stand "tall" on their moral high ground.

They who shout loudest though.
    Not sure the point you’re trying to make. I love going to Ibrox, one of my favourite away trips, and am gutted we won’t be getting any tickets in a couple of weeks time. However, I also know that there’s no way Hibs can afford to do the same to them. As much as I would love ER to be filled with Hibs fans, it’s not going to happen and we simply can’t afford to just chuck away the revenue it would bring us. That’s nothing to do with appeasing the Rangers

Would love to know if the Club questioned the sevco stance, or were happy to accept their decision not to give us tickets?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Would love to know if the Club questioned the sevco stance, or were happy to accept their decision not to give us tickets?
    Wondering this too hopefully we’ve not just rolled over, one for KP?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller