hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Rangers Away - No Tickets

There will be no tickets for Hibs fans for the upcoming game on the 3rd October due to Rangers needing the away end.

Hope Hibs refuse to give them tickets for the next time they come to Easter Road.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think we should start a campaign, right now, to have a full ground for our home game with them later in the season but with no away support.

I’d probably be happy to pitch a few quid towards tickets for the South stand that might be given away to local schools or the like.

We need to stop bowing down to clubs like Rangers and more significantly - we need to stop tolerating sectarianism in our own stadium.

This presents us with an ideal opportunity to make a strong start on that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we should start a campaign, right now, to have a full ground for our home game with them later in the season but with no away support.

I’d probably be happy to pitch a few quid towards tickets for the South stand that might be given away to local schools or the like.

We need to stop bowing down to clubs like Rangers and more significantly - we need to stop tolerating sectarianism in our own stadium.

I’d happily support donating to this suggestion.

Andy Walker had a wee dig at the start of the Derby saying something like "isn't it great to see a full away support at a Derby, unlike we've seen elsewhere". You knew straight away who he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    There will be no tickets for Hibs fans for the upcoming game on the 3rd October due to Rangers needing the away end.

Hope Hibs refuse to give them tickets for the next time they come to Easter Road.
    And yet they're actively encouraged to come to us.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/new-interactive-attraction-to-bring-zombies-to-edinburgh-and-easter-road-3386149

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    That will mean no Hibs football for 2 weeks, as the following week is international break

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

I would absolutely give £27 or whatever it is to cover the cost of one less Rangers fan at ER. Someone needs to start this.

There has been nothing to suggest so far we'll sell 14,000 home tickets for this game let alone 21000. £31-35 a pop for a game on the tele likely to be 12pm on a Sunday. Rangers will be getting the full south stand until we as a support can regularly sell it. I'd love to see it, but its not happening.

Let 3800 Hibs fans in for free to fill the away end. If it's good enough for the ladies team...

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Let 3800 Hibs fans in for free to fill the away end. If it's good enough for the ladies team...
    Haha.

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    There has been nothing to suggest so far we'll sell 14,000 home tickets for this game let alone 21000. £31-35 a pop for a game on the tele likely to be 12pm on a Sunday. Rangers will be getting the full south stand until we as a support can regularly sell it. I'd love to see it, but its not happening.
    Pretty sure it’s a midweek game in December
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

@hibs.net private member
    Up to the early 80s there was little to no segregation in Ibrox..often we would end up with a little group of us together in the exclosure under the main stand …was often “interesting “

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

£26 for St Mirren at home. I thought Hibs had already started the campaign to mitigate having no Rangers fans

First Team Breakthrough
    I once went to a Hibs game v Celtic and watched it in the away end-the Dunbar end, why I can't remember..old age for you. Maybe luckily, we lost(1-0) as all throughout the game I was lamenting Eddie May miss after miss and was getting a few hostile looks when grumbling about it. Good luck at Ibrox.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I presume you have your tongue firmly in your cheek.
    The difference is that very few people are currently willing to pay to watch the womens team play.
    The take from advertising, food and drink sales will cover the costs to the club.
    A pragmatic decision.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    If we reduce or do not give them any tickets for the game at ER its guaranteed that several of them will end up in the home end leading to trouble, its happened before and it will happen again. Not worth it.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Agreed.
    The only way to cut the Rangers ticket allocation would be to increase our season ticket sales by at least 50%.
    As for folk ponying up to stop them attending the next game. No point unless folk are willing to commit long term otherwise Ron Gordon will rightly not be interested.
    To him The Rangers fans represent big money to his club twice a season, every season.
    Afraid we are stuck with them for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 21-09-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ban them. I'd gladly go without a player or two if thats what it takes. Until someone has the balls to tell them that their ways are unacceptable then it will continue. Anti catholic bigotry is currently tolerated in Scottish society due to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Agreed.
    The only way to cut the Rangers ticket allocation would be to increase our season ticket sales by at least 50%.
    As for folk ponying up to stop them attending the next game. No point unless folk are willing to commit long term otherwise Ron Gordon will rightly not be interested.
    To him The Rangers fans represent big money to his club twice a season, every season.
    Afraid we are stuck with them for the foreseeable future.
    If we banned them this season, they’d be back next season when we get our allocation back - maybe even for the return game later in the season when their own fans kick off and they give in to us.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Why do Rangers ‘need’ the away allocation?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Ban them. I'd gladly go without a player or two if thats what it takes. Until someone has the balls to tell them that their ways are unacceptable then it will continue. Anti catholic bigotry is currently tolerated in Scottish society due to fear.
    Sadly for us we don't own the club so it isn't our decision.
    It could have been if far more folk had paid into HSL when they had the chance.
    However, we missed that boat and it's Ron Gordon's club now and he makes the decisions to suit his business.
    He is all about the money which is good for us as a football club but won't be cutting off his nose to spite his face anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Why do Rangers ‘need’ the away allocation?
    That’s where they have relocated some of their own season ticket holders who had seats in their red zone.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    However, we missed that boat and it's Ron Gordon's club now and he makes the decisions to suit his business.
    He is all about the money which is good for us as a football club but won't be cutting off his nose to spite his face anytime soon.

then again if HSL had more shares in the club STF may have found it more difficult to sell

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    then again if HSL had more shares in the club STF may have found it more difficult to sell
    And we wouldn't have the lovely new screens, still be in debt, bouncing around the bottom end of the table (possibly)
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    And we wouldn't have the lovely new screens, still be in debt, bouncing around the bottom end of the table (possibly)

but we may have had the corners filled in with seats instead :)

well, at least the FF-East corner anyway

I don’t think it’s as black an white as cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Every owner of every Scottish club is going to have to learn that there’s a price to be paid for letting Rangers do whatever they like.

Appeasing Rangers pisses me off big time, and Ron will have to work out how often he can get away with pissing off his own most loyal customers in order to host sash bashes at Easter Road whilst Rangers won’t provide our support with a single ticket.

That full end of Rangers fans comes with a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    That is correct but the club would eventually have belonged to the supporters once HSL had a controlling interest.
    However, I don't think that would have been nearly as good as what we have now and what we will have in the short term.
    My real point was that the fans have no say in who the owner lets into the ground yet many still seem to think they do as we see from the many threads every season demanding Hibs ban Rangers supporters from ER.
    It's not happening under a money driven owner. He will not care about the singing of folk songs about battles and wars in Ireland hundreds of years ago.
    He is all about the money.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 21-09-2021 at 11:55 AM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I would absolutely give £27 or whatever it is to cover the cost of one less Rangers fan at ER. Someone needs to start this.
    Realistically how many Hibs fans do you think would buy into it?

I’d guess a couple of dozen at most, probably less.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Realistically how many Hibs fans do you think would buy into it?

I’d guess a couple of dozen at most, probably less.

I certainly wouldn't. Already forked out £420 on a ST.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.