hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sam, there is no point some people don't get it mate. They are so caught up in appeasing Rangers and not realising the damage it's doing to their own club and more importantly the travelling fans. Too many on here are too happy to sit at home and say they "don't like" going to Ibrox anyway.

It doesn't affect them like it does others so they stand "tall" on their moral high ground.

They who shout loudest though.
    I used to enjoy Ibrox, went regularly, first trip was a 2-0 win goals by Bremner and Rae in 1978.
    Decided against going back a couple of seasons ago due to morons behind and above me taunting us about some ****ing dead soldier or another, a steward who decided a square go was the best stewarding policy and equally moronic patter from those of our own immediately in front of me who couldn’t make the sign of the cross properly no matter how hard they tried.

****ing awful place that brings out the absolute worst in everybody.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Sam, there is no point some people don't get it mate. They are so caught up in appeasing Rangers and not realising the damage it's doing to their own club and more importantly the travelling fans. Too many on here are too happy to sit at home and say they "don't like" going to Ibrox anyway.

It doesn't affect them like it does others so they stand "tall" on their moral high ground.

I'm really confused by this post.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Not a surprise to anyone, surely?

They have to operate a red zone where fans can't sit, which reduces the capacity of the ground - they sold out 45k season tickets, which doesn't leave much for match-day, and they prioritise (and typically sell out) to MyGers members.

At least, unlike CeltcTV, there's an option to watch the game through RangersTV (though I understand the sentiment of giving them money...).
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Not a surprise to anyone, surely?

They have to operate a red zone where fans can't sit, which reduces the capacity of the ground - they sold out 45k season tickets, which doesn't leave much for match-day, and they prioritise (and typically sell out) to MyGers members.

At least, unlike CeltcTV, there's an option to watch the game through RangersTV (though I understand the sentiment of giving them money...).
    This is our red zone, hardly massive
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If all the players got vaccinated we wouldn’t need red zones.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This is our red zone, hardly massive
    It depends on the configuration of the stadium. The red zone at Tynecastle is a lot bigger (obviously).

It should also be remembered that it's not just a question of the 1000 or so places we normally get for Ibrox, there are also a few hundred seats "lost" for segregation too.

They could well be at it, but it's not as straightforward as some would like to think.

Capture.jpg
    Last edited by Peevemor; 22-09-2021 at 12:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Rangers Red Zone

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    They were willing to offer Celtic an away allocation until they didn’t receive a guarantee that they would be getting them for the return leg.
    So this isn’t something that was unavoidable for Rangers, they have made a clear policy change since getting knocked back from Celtic and have made the choice to not have away fans. The red zone excuse doesn’t wash.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...rform-24804778

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Although it’s a cup game, are Livvi getting any tickets for tonight’s game? Raith aren’t getting any for tomorrow nights game. That’s revenue both teams are losing, if they don’t get full houses

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Although it’s a cup game, are Livvi getting any tickets for tonight’s game? Raith aren’t getting any for tomorrow nights game. That’s revenue both teams are losing, if they don’t get full houses
    Livi have got an allocation for tonight.

Celtic are in no danger of selling out the game tomorrow.

It's an utter joke that Raith don't have an allocation for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Not sure the point you’re trying to make. I love going to Ibrox, one of my favourite away trips, and am gutted we won’t be getting any tickets in a couple of weeks time. However, I also know that there’s no way Hibs can afford to do the same to them. As much as I would love ER to be filled with Hibs fans, it’s not going to happen and we simply can’t afford to just chuck away the revenue it would bring us. That’s nothing to do with appeasing the Rangers
    I disagree that Hibs can’t afford to chuck away that revenue.

They might reasonably decide that they shouldn’t afford to chuck it away but that’s a different thing altogether.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I realise I’m probably in the minority, but I prefer a game with a noisy away support. Much more satisfying getting a result against them if some of their fans have to watch them getting beat.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I realise I’m probably in the minority, but I prefer a game with a noisy away support. Much more satisfying getting a result against them if some of their fans have to watch them getting beat.
    I don't think you're in the minority. A handful of posters have a different opinion (to which they're entitled), but I suspect the vast majority feel the same as you. It's all part of the big match atmosphere.

No doubt someone will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Celtic are in no danger of selling out the game tomorrow.

It's an utter joke that Raith don't have an allocation for the game.
    Being deprived of watching your team in a cup quarter final is a piss take. Especially when the stadium will probably be less than half full.

I’m confused. Are the travelling fans more important then the rest of whatever it is that makes our club? I travel occasionally to watch games, I love it, but I don’t see how turning the financial gun on ourselves hurts Rangers in any tit for tat action. It just increases their advantage over us.
    You comment about those who disagree with you as being caught up in appeasing Rangers is just silly.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    What long term benefits?

The club can't turn down money if Hibs fans aren't doing their bit by attending games to reduce the away allocation - it's been tried before.
    Long term benefits that show the club is sticking up for those that will have been done out of watching our team play. Especially in the case of parkhead where there is 0 legal way for us to watch our side play.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I don't think you're in the minority. A handful of posters have a different opinion (to which they're entitled), but I suspect the vast majority feel the same as you. It's all part of the big match atmosphere.

No doubt someone will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong.
    You know that’s exactly what Rangers and Celtic are depriving from us… in regards the Celtic game you can’t even watch it legally. I can assure you if we stopped 4000 of their lot coming to Easter road they’d soon change their tune.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    You know that’s exactly what Rangers and Celtic are depriving from us… in regards the Celtic game you can’t even watch it legally. I can assure you if we stopped 4000 of their lot coming to Easter road they’d soon change their tune.
    I'm speaking about those who want a general ban on OF fans at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Hibs CEO Ben Kensell yesterday stated "The relationship with Celtic and Rangers off the pitch is a good one and so is the relationship between the ownership groups" Oooh the ownership groups, how cozy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    We are not filling our space in the stands we have ..so really can’t imagine any decision that doesn’t give them tickets for the away end

That said, it is appalling that both the OF are getting away without making some away fan tickets available

Why? St Mirren never gave St Johnstone any tickets a few weeks back and i can't recall the whinging then.

Celtic and Rangers occupy their stadiums at what, 97% capacity generally? No other club gets close to that. Due to the red zone pish they're moving their ST ticket holders from their usual seats to the away sections for the time being. That means there is no space for away fans. Quite simple really. Its a ******* but hey ho, the last 18 months has been a *******.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s about time football fell in in line with most other work places now and got rid of this red zone nonsense. The same players having to sit apart at games can go out for a drink/meal with each other after the game and sit side by side

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Why? St Mirren never gave St Johnstone any tickets a few weeks back and i can't recall the whinging then.

Celtic and Rangers occupy their stadiums at what, 97% capacity generally? No other club gets close to that. Due to the red zone pish they're moving their ST ticket holders from their usual seats to the away sections for the time being. That means there is no space for away fans. Quite simple really. Its a ******* but hey ho, the last 18 months has been a *******.
    St Johnstone did get tickets that day. Celtics away end has been empty, their stadium will be half empty tonight, still no away fans. Rangers had literally printed tickets for Celtic a few weeks back, where was their season ticket holders that day? Had they all decided to take the day off? Convenient excuse for the clubs as they know they’ll get away with it. Any club who don’t offer away tickets should be reprimanded. If they oversubscribed season tickets then again, that’s their issue. They need to cap it any other year to allow away fans in.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post

The numbers don't add up mate. Celtic Park has 53k St holders in a 60k capacity. We get what circa 1300? There's no way the red zone is over 5k. They aren't giving utd any tickets but you can buy general sale tickets in the home end. They are at it. End off

If this was a one-off then you could give them the benefit of the doubt but it fits into a wider pattern of behaviour from Rangers.

Despite Ben Kensall’s words it looks to me like Rangers are very much at war with Scottish football and I think Hibs need to be very careful about how they interact with bully boy tactics. It’s easy for the individual clubs to feel weak and as if they should continually roll over but together they have power. Appeasement isn’t the way to go with bullies and you should simply not trust those who have been proven time and time again to be dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    The numbers don't add up mate. Celtic Park has 53k St holders in a 60k capacity. We get what circa 1300? There's no way the red zone is over 5k. They aren't giving utd any tickets but you can buy general sale tickets in the home end. They are at it. End off
    Simplistic take on it, only works if none of those 53k had their ST seats in the red zone to begin with, which obviously isn't the case. Red zone ST holders need to be relocated and kept together in family groups etc in the rest of the home end and the first part of the stadium that's going to get filled up with such cases is the away end because I imagine that's the simplest for the clubs instead of looking for 2,3,4 seats together in amongst the non red zone home stands.

In the case of Celtic Park, who knows, if they have to put their own fans there, maybe they might tart the away end up a bit by, you know, actually having a physical seat for each seat number and other luxuries.

The pure maths of looking at ST holders vs. stadium capacity may not add up but that doesn't factor in the fact that we're dealing with people (well, ok OF fans) and not apples when it comes to adjusting to the red zone requirements.

My initial reaction was also that they're at it tbh, but if Hibs had the same % of total capacity taken up by our own ST holders, I'm sure we'd be doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Simplistic take on it, only works if none of those 53k had their ST seats in the red zone to begin with, which obviously isn't the case. Red zone ST holders need to be relocated and kept together in family groups etc in the rest of the home end and the first part of the stadium that's going to get filled up with such cases is the away end because I imagine that's the simplest for the clubs instead of looking for 2,3,4 seats together in amongst the non red zone home stands.

In the case of Celtic Park, who knows, if they have to put their own fans there, maybe they might tart the away end up a bit by, you know, actually having a physical seat for each seat number and other luxuries.

The pure maths of looking at ST holders vs. stadium capacity may not add up but that doesn't factor in the fact that we're dealing with people (well, ok OF fans) and not apples when it comes to adjusting to the red zone requirements.

My initial reaction was also that they're at it tbh, but if Hibs had the same % of total capacity taken up by our own ST holders, I'm sure we'd be doing the same.
    The red zone was in place before the season started, their own fault that they oversubscribed season ticket holders. Away fans should be at every game.

If you take their 60k (roughly) and remove the 1000 or so away fans - and the 1000 or so red zone seats - that means they have 58k seats to seat 55k or so season ticket holders. How they do that should be up to them but it’s doable. The fact the away end is always empty tells me that it’s not season ticket holders in there, unless your telling me none of them are going to games. The SLO said it’s where visually impaired fans are, imagine putting people that struggle to see, behind a big ****ing pillar! Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Not at all. 53k season ticket holders. Let's say official capacity now 59k due to red area. Assume all 1k are st seats. , minus 1k for away fans leaves 5k free seats to accommodate the 1k from red area? What's hard to understand? As I said before there are general sale tickets for sale in most sections for the United game on their website. These seats should have been utilised before the away end to ensure away fans at the game if possible.

The only way they are not at it is if the capacity minis red area equates to the number of season tickets sold which is not the case hence any spare capacity should have been used for away fans as a priority