hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love a full away end at ER.

Don't care if it's Rangers, Celtic or Hearts - these are best games of the season for me.

Take the fans away and it's just not the same.

I don't care what they sing, i can never make out what they sing anyways, but I love the noise that WE make when they're in town.

All for cutting their allocation when we've got 17,000 ST holders but until then I'm good with things.

I'm certainly not donating money to Hibs to keep them out, that's just crazy talk!
    By not caring what they sing you are as bad as them. Absolutely disgusting that Hibs supporters accept blatant racism.

No room for racists or bigots at either end of Easter Road.you should be ashamed of yourself.

People like you aren't welcome at Easter Road.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Who do these glasgow clubs think they are? How is this even allowed. We need to do the same to them, keep their money, hibs fans need to step up this time though and sell it out, or donate the price of a ticket to make up for it.

Also just seen that Neil lennon and chris Sutton have been told they can't go to Ibrox tonight for security reasons to do punditry work on the game, Absoloutely disgusting, how do these wet wipes keep getting away with this. They should be fined.
    Likely I wouldn't make the next game against them at home but I would gladly donate the price of a ticket and one for my son, if it meant that we kept their fans away from ER.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Will be interesting to see if money is more important to morals from our board. Marketed correctly then the club could easily sell a home game out against them. Unfortunately we all know the outcome of it though.
    I imagine it wouldn't have to sell out for the same net income giving reduced stewarding etc. I agree though that if marketed correctly and assuming we are still playing as well as we are we should go for it

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    By not caring what they sing you are as bad as them. Absolutely disgusting that Hibs supporters accept blatant racism.

No room for racists or bigots at either end of Easter Road.you should be ashamed of yourself.

People like you aren't welcome at Easter Road.
    Aye ok then. You can't make out a damn word they say, get off your high horse.

What have you ever actually done to stop it? **** all apart form mouthing off on here i bet. You're as bad as them.

In fact you're worse. You care an awful lot and yet do bugger all about it.

You're not welcome at ER.

If the club ask the fans if they are willing to donate the price of a ticket far enough in advance, then they could plan for giving the rangers a zero allocation. If enough of us go for it early enough then we can plan and budget for telling them to bolt. Sitting on our arse won't improve things. Let's be proactive.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    If the club ask the fans if they are willing to donate the price of a ticket far enough in advance, then they could plan for giving the rangers a zero allocation. If enough of us go for it early enough then we can plan and budget for telling them to bolt. Sitting on our arse won't improve things. Let's be proactive.
    3700 tickets, 4 times a season and at category A prices?

That's more than HSL's annual donations.

Don’t expect we will, but would be interested to hear what the club think of it. Surely it won’t be any of the “we understand why they have to do it” stuff.

Granted they have to shunt the fans from the red zone but I’m sure there are plenty seats elsewhere in the ground that could accommodate them. As someone else pointed out, Celtic have done similar but that section of the ground has been ending up empty.

It’s an excuse to sell to their own fans and nothing else.

What have you ever actually done to stop it? **** all apart form mouthing off on here i bet. You're as bad as them.

Sorry. You're wrong here. I've seen PatHead removed by stewards for complaining to them about the Racism in the away end. You cannot have a go at him on this one. You are in the wrong.

#stampitout

Fair play to him then. I’m not about to start doing the same.

I go to the game to watch the game. Plenty other places to get political.

Fair play to him then. I’m not about to start doing the same.

I go to the game to watch the game. Plenty other places to get political.
    Do you see it as political? Wow. I see it as being abused en masse! I tend to agree with PatHead, on this one. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. There is no place for bigotry in our society and we all have to help end it

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Not wholly surprised by this from Rangers.

One of my Hun friends asked me a couple of weeks ago if we’d be getting any Ibrox allocation as his son had his ST relocated to one of the three sections we usually receive. I said that while we got the three sections, two of them were segregated down the middle so it may not have necessarily meant that the away section was being completely taken up by relocated Huns, but sadly that looks to have been the case.

Disappointed to miss out on what is one of my favourite away outings but not really interested in retaliating with tit-for-tat and refusing them tickets at ER. Beating Rangers at ER when there is a full end of them to see it is far more satisfying.

@hibs.net private member

I have complained about bigotry at games, picked up Hibs "fans" for saying"get into that jungle bunny" not that long ago. Don't dare tell me I am not welcome at Easter Road.

Do you really find it acceptable to be racially abused, anywhere far less in a football stadium?

If you saw or heard someone getting abused in the street would you just carry on?

It is not acceptable. Don't try and defend yourself, just go away and reflect on what you have said and think is acceptable.

If you do and you are happy with your position you are part of the problem.

Behave.

@hibs.net private member
    Behave.
    Bigot. Well if you won't critise them and find nothing wrong with what they sing you are one of them.
    Last edited by PatHead; 16-09-2021 at 10:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I love a full away end at ER.

Don't care if it's Rangers, Celtic or Hearts - these are best games of the season for me.

Take the fans away and it's just not the same.

I don't care what they sing, i can never make out what they sing anyways, but I love the noise that WE make when they're in town.

All for cutting their allocation when we've got 17,000 ST holders but until then I'm good with things.

I'm certainly not donating money to Hibs to keep them out, that's just crazy talk!
    I do care as they are stopping me supporting my club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Its to do with displaced season ticket holders in the red zone at Ibrox. Nothing we can do about it.
    can you point me in the right direction where the SPFL rules state that displaced season ticket holders over ride the provisions for away support.
    I cannot spot it....and neither can an SPFL Board Member.....

Behave.
    To be fair to PH, he’s come back at your last attack suggesting he’s never done anything apart from moan about it on here.

Simply replying “behave” isn’t doing your argument many favours…

Surely, on reflection, you do care about the bigotry issue in football and the fact those ****bags come to our stadium and sing what they do?

And FWIW I’m in agreement with pretty much the rest of your post that started off this whole wee debate.

It's tantamount to bullying. Clubs can't afford to lock their fans out, but they can afford to banish visiting fans from Ibrox. Shower of c***s.

@hibs.net private member

No tickets for Ibrox

Bigot. Well if you won't critise them and find nothing wrong with what they sing you are one of them.
    Think that is over the top tbh….

I deplore their hate filled songs, but tbh feel it reflects on them…rather than get too irate about it during a match

Nothing wrong with standing up for what you believe in, but the names you are calling a poster on here feels way out of proportion
    Last edited by bigwheel; 16-09-2021 at 10:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Think that is over the top tbh….

I deplore their hate filled songs, but tbh feel it reflects on them…rather than get too irate about it during a match

Nothing wrong with standing up for what you believe in, but the names you are calling a poster on here feels way out of proportion
    Names? I have only called him a bigot for finding their racist behaviour acceptable. If that doesn't make him a bigot what does? He might as well join in.

@hibs.net private member
    Names? I have only called him a bigot for finding their racist behaviour acceptable. If that doesn't make him a bigot what does? He might as well join in.
    I’m not sure he said he finds it acceptable…anyway, will let you get on with it,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    He never said that though.

The huns are low life idiots. Their singing about Derry's walls and sashes doesn't affect my enjoyment of the match.

I'm in no way a bigot though.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 16-09-2021 at 11:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I’m not sure he said he finds it acceptable…anyway, will let you get on with it,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I don't care what they sing" To me, by having no objections, it must be that he finds it acceptable.

You take your interpretation and I will take mine.
    The bottom line is that racism and bigotry is entirely unacceptable in any form. By not condemning it you allow it to continue and in many ways encourage it by making people think that it is acceptable.

I think we all have a duty to help eradicate this from our country, or else our children and their children might suffer from the same issues we have, which goes further than simple name calling. Unfortunately people still get asked what school they went to when applying for jobs and we know why that is!
    There appears to finally be an appetite at Scot Gov level to tackle this and with it having flared up thanks to a Scottish rangers fan at Chelsea last week, people down south are learning what the word sectarian means.
    With Covid and no tickets for Ibrox, this is the perfect opportunity to give them no tickets and put a banner up over the seats saying that we are against sectarianism. The club might even allude to the fact that it was a factor in denying tickets.
    The truth is that some child rangers fans sing these songs without knowing what they meant. A friend of mine from Ayr said to me last week "I didn't realise that my dad was a bigot until I was about 15"...that's too late for most people!

Id charge them more £45 a ticket make more cash off them, im sure you could word it and say we needed to increase costs due to having a ''red zone''

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Id charge them more £45 a ticket make more cash off them, im sure you could word it and say we needed to increase costs due to having a ''red zone''
    We'd have to charge the same for the North Stand.

If us, Aberdeen and Hearts were to take the same action and not give them any tickets you'd soon see them change their stance.

Sevco fans love their big days out and if they are stopped from attending their 3 biggest away games of the season they'll backtrack sharpish.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    To be fair to PH, he’s come back at your last attack suggesting he’s never done anything apart from moan about it on here.

Simply replying “behave” isn’t doing your argument many favours…

Surely, on reflection, you do care about the bigotry issue in football and the fact those ****bags come to our stadium and sing what they do?

And FWIW I’m in agreement with pretty much the rest of your post that started off this whole wee debate.
    I already acknowledged that point.

Ok, just to be clear, when Rangers next visit ER, what is it you want me to do?

Not just me, but 15,000 other Hibs fans as well.

What have we all to do so that we’re not bigots? Saying you dislike the songs on here really doesn’t amount to much.

If we watch the game and sing Hibs songs and enjoy ourselves, are we all collectively as bad as the Rangers fans singing songs?

Apart from you of course.

Just do one eh.

You're putting words in my mouth.

I said I don't care what they sing - you equated that, wrongly, to meaning I find it acceptable.

I've not heard a single interview from a Hibs player condemning Rangers fans' songbook in recent years.

I've not heard RG mention it either.

Are they bigots too?

You jumped on my post to demonstrate how woke you are. You haven't mentioned any of the posters that agreed with my original point - are you going to call them bigots too?

Maybe it's you that needs some time to reflect on your ridiculous behaviour on this thread.