hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a long time since I've been to Tynecastle, the St Johnstone League cup tie in 2016 in fact. My experience was the same as the OP's we had tickets for the Gorgie stand but the seats on our tickets didn't seem to exist and when we did eventually find them they seemed to be nowhere near the area signposted in the concourse. Doesn't look like things have improved much at the rust arena.
    Even longer since I set foot in 'Tiny'castle for a Hibs men's match. 2007 League Cup semi (again v St Johnstone). I remember even that long ago thinking how quickly the bargain basement stands had aged. I did go back for the women's Scottish Cup final a couple of years ago and the leg room/view from the new (albeit still unfinished) main stand was significantly better. Tom English & co should try watching from the away end as that would give them pause for thought when raving about how great the place is.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I see the attendance is given in the DR as 18,177.

Was there really so many empty seats?
    Must be at least 1000 in red zones in main stand, and wheatfield, where the Hibs players run out

Yeah, the home end had loads of empty seats. The ‘red zone’ and around the ‘away tunnel’ for starters, two corners in the Hibs end, middle section of the Gorgie road stand had rows empty near the top. Then strangely all around the home end there were loads of empty seats which is fairly unheard of for derbies over there.

Is the capacity much more than that? We all know they lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Yeah, the home end had loads of empty seats. The ‘red zone’ and around the ‘away tunnel’ for starters, two corners in the Hibs end, middle section of the Gorgie road stand had rows empty near the top. Then strangely all around the home end there were loads of empty seats which is fairly unheard of for derbies over there.
    They will have season ticket holders who still don’t fancy being part of a large crowd. It is no surprise that there were gaps really. It’s going to take a while yet to get back to normal pre-COVID attendances.
    Last edited by marinello59; 13-09-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Yes. I was seat 15 and 16 at side of the blue section. Guys were coming down with seats 7 and 8. Showing tickets to stewards and police and being told to move on.
    If I was a betting man,, I would put money on them having 7 and 8 for a different section, obviously might be wrong but the amount of people that go to right seat wrong section would lead me to this conclusion

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    To be fair, most appeared to have little if any problem actually finding their seats from what I saw. I was in early doors at 1115hrs and saw how things developed.

It was a different matter about 10 minutes before kickoff though because of the narrow gangways and steep stairways creating bottlenecks. Looks like an accident or worse waiting to happen to my eyes.

The small seats and lack of leg room make it, as always, an uncomfortable stadium to visit for me.

Sold more tickets than seats sadly, it should be shut down until they can ensure peoples safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Must be at least 1000 in red zones in main stand, and wheatfield, where the Hibs players run out

Ah OK, that makes sense.

I knew they'd kept some sections empty, I was just surprised it was about 1,500 or so.

BTW, the official capacity of the stadium (going by the safety certificate issued in 2018) is 19,852.

Wikipedia was updated to reflect this a couple of years back but some guy from Coatbridge keeps switching it back to 20,022.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 13-09-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Ah OK, that makes sense.

I knew they'd kept some sections empty, I was just surprised it was about 1,500 or so.
    Section under their Police Box was practically empty too

Left by mutual consent!
    Do what I don't and just don't go. Waste of a day out visiting that s hole

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Do what I don't and just don't go. Waste of a day out visiting that s hole

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Ensue up in the wrong seat myself but was quickly rectified and found the right one in the next block.

Didn’t detract from what was a great day out, cracking away day atmosphere and a highly entertaining game - anything but a waste of a day. Looking forward to the next one already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    With the amount of whinging and complaining about Tynecastle on here I'm amazed anyone went yesterday. Biggest **** hole ever and and not fit for purpose but folk still went. If folk genuinely felt that way they wouldn't go.

Favourite away ground and favourite away day for me, I think its a great stadium. Love how the stands are so close to the pitch.

If some idiots were blocking your view of the pitch youd be on here during the half time break complaining in your usual manner, my dear.

I pay my money like everyone else and expect to watch a game of football not the back of someone with arms in the air swearing their heads off.

Like you i cannot sit in the house knowing they are playing in that dump or anywhere else. I want to support my team and see what is going on .

My feelings on the subject are genuine enough and i go to any stadium with the thought that i am going to be safe and comfortable throughout the game. i also hope that my team will win too.

its an accident waiting to happen!

Hearts announced a crowd of 18000 where the capacity is just shy of 20k

We know there were red zone and rosebrurn areas blocked off and so the ctual capacity was probably under 19k. I noticed gaps in the home end as well.

I wonder how many Hibs fans were in the Roseburn and how this equates to the stand capacity,

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    If some idiots were blocking your view of the pitch youd be on here during the half time break complaining in your usual manner, my dear.

I pay my money like everyone else and expect to watch a game of football not the back of someone with arms in the air swearing their heads off.

Like you i cannot sit in the house knowing they are playing in that dump or anywhere else. I want to support my team and see what is going on .

My feelings on the subject are genuine enough and i go to any stadium with the thought that i am going to be safe and comfortable throughout the game. i also hope that my team will win too.

My dear, you tell him SA😀

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    100%.

It is easily the best away stadium to visit in the league.
    A positive post from you and it's about Hearts!😂

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Original.

Left by mutual consent!
    Remember it's tickets sold, not actual bums on seats...

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post

Gaun yersel, SA!

You tell him!

😁