hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

Strikers who are free agents

No inside knoweldge, just some thoughts on Strikers who are available if we wanted to bring in a free agent. None of the boring ones we will actually get..just some fun ones...but you never know !

1) Andy Carroll - No we can't afford to pay his sort of wages and he is injury prone, but He'd love to be playing football within a decent drive of his Newcastle home and just imagine he was willing to sign till January and kept himself fit...would LOVE to see him in a Hibs jersey ! get him in for the Hearts match..they would crap themselves

2) Hal Robson-Kanu - Again wages are probably a problem but he fits the Target Man type that we probably could do with. He's never been prolific, but then he's spent most of his career in the English Championship and Premiership, so you suspect his golas to games ratio would be better if he was playing up here ?

3) Kwang Sonh Han - I'd love us to make this sort of left field signing. North Korean International who is only 22 and scored 11 goals in 36 Games in Italy Serie B..Let's turn Kim Jong-Un into a hibby by siging a North Korean striker

4) Kiros - (Kiros Stânlley Soares Ferraz) Is Brazillian, he's 33 and he just scored 32 goals in 89 matches for an Iranian club ! Let's finally get ourselves a Brazillian forward !

2. Log in to remove the advert

I watched Carroll at Newcastle over the last couple of seasons first hand, and the man is well and truly past it. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires, or maybe signs for a lower/non league side. He should be nowhere near Hibs - albeit he was a great player in his day and a Toon hero.

Also believe he doesn't even live in the Toon anymore, think he's down south, so that wouldn't be so helpful 😂

Robson-Kanu would be a good signing, but you're right about wages.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Noticed there are a few decent right backs on the free list too, ex Man U player Rafael and Andre Wisdom were the stand outs if we need cover

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched Carroll at Newcastle over the last couple of seasons first hand, and the man is well and truly past it. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires, or maybe signs for a lower/non league side. He should be nowhere near Hibs - albeit he was a great player in his day and a Toon hero.

Also believe he doesn't even live in the Toon anymore, think he's down south, so that wouldn't be so helpful 😂

Robson-Kanu would be a good signing, but you're right about wages.

He bought Rod Stewart’s old house in Essex.

Maybe he’s envisaging a second career as a crooner. Agree that his career as a footballer at a decent level is surely over.

@hibs.net private member
    what's big Shefki Kuqi doing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    No inside knoweldge, just some thoughts on Strikers who are available if we wanted to bring in a free agent. None of the boring ones we will actually get..just some fun ones...but you never know !

1) Andy Carroll - No we can't afford to pay his sort of wages and he is injury prone, but He'd love to be playing football within a decent drive of his Newcastle home and just imagine he was willing to sign till January and kept himself fit...would LOVE to see him in a Hibs jersey ! get him in for the Hearts match..they would crap themselves

2) Hal Robson-Kanu - Again wages are probably a problem but he fits the Target Man type that we probably could do with. He's never been prolific, but then he's spent most of his career in the English Championship and Premiership, so you suspect his golas to games ratio would be better if he was playing up here ?

3) Kwang Sonh Han - I'd love us to make this sort of left field signing. North Korean International who is only 22 and scored 11 goals in 36 Games in Italy Serie B..Let's turn Kim Jong-Un into a hibby by siging a North Korean striker

4) Kiros - (Kiros Stânlley Soares Ferraz) Is Brazillian, he's 33 and he just scored 32 goals in 89 matches for an Iranian club ! Let's finally get ourselves a Brazillian forward !
    A 4-month deal for for Robson-Kanu would probably cost around 100K. Might be a goer. Exactly what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    what's big Shefki Kuqi doing these days?
    I just want one swan dive.

What about JJ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    What about JJ??

He’ll be hanging about in the hearts club shop waiting for them to sack Neilson I’d have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    He’ll be hanging about in the hearts club shop waiting for them to sack Neilson I’d have thought.

Stokes and riordan at east mains and trying to get nish as well.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

If Robson-Kanu is still wearing Golas then it’s a no for me.

The hearts are trying to get Barrie McKay, free agent. I'd have taken him at us tbh.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    The hearts are trying to get Barrie McKay, free agent. I'd have taken him at us tbh.
    Would be a decent addition for most top league teams him….

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Greg Stewart is a free agent . Thought he looked class when at Killie .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Sure I read he got released from Rangers and had signed for some club in India…

@hibs.net private member
    He’s not a free agent, I’d have taken him as well.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Always thought he was ***** to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    Sure I read he got released from Rangers and had signed for some club in India…
    He has

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Greg Stewart is a decent player but too much like Scott for me if we bring a coward if needs to be a striker who can hold the ball up

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    He’s not a free agent, I’d have taken him as well.
    He is listed as one on the free agent list .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    Greg Stewart is a decent player but too much like Scott for me if we bring a coward if needs to be a striker who can hold the ball up
    Not more cowards!

I’d rather we stayed away from any cowards 😄

@hibs.net private member
    He is listed as one on the free agent list .
    He’s not though.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Don't think we should be bringing cowards in

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

The North Korean guys probably not going to be happening

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/13923847/north-korea-ronaldo-han-kwang-song-wages-kim/amp/

Another King Dom would do for me. What’s he up to these days?

Ricardo Vaz Te is a free agent. 34 years old. Might be right up for a return.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Ricardo Vaz Te is a free agent. 34 years old. Might be right up for a return.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    He's with Killie