hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://changingtimes.media/2021/02/...4ZhqSfEHR_aSBY

The WHO’s VigiBase, VAERS, EudraVigilance, and other databases list hundreds of thousands of reported adverse reactions after Covid vaccination, including thousands of deaths.

As politicians, health authorities, and a mostly enthusiastic public express joy and relief at what they view as the beginning of the end of the pandemic, sceptics point to the growing number of adverse reactions after Covid vaccination, the risks of long-term adverse effects, and the lack of conclusive evidence that vaccination is preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection and virus spread.

The World Health Organisation’s pharmacovigilance database, VigiBase, lists more than 1.7 million reports of adverse reactions following Covid vaccination, including more than 9,500 deaths.

The global death toll from Covid-19 is now put at more than 4.2 million.

Differences in viewpoints about Covid vaccination, and particularly about the implementation of Covid vaccine certificates and the prospect of generalised mandatory vaccination, are causing relationship breakdowns, including traumatic splits in families.

Those who have chosen not to receive a Covid vaccination are shamed and the hesitant are pressured. Financial and other incentives to encourage people to get a Covid vaccination are becoming increasingly widespread.

Most mainstream journalists dismiss or condemn all vaccine hesitancy as wrong and, on social media, serious abuse is levelled at those who argue that they have the right to refuse Covid vaccination. Employers are increasingly making Covid vaccination a requirement for their staff.

There is particular disquiet about DNA and RNA vaccines, which have never previously been approved for human use.

There are concerns that there will, with spike protein vaccines against SARS-CoV-2, be pathogenic priming, also known as disease enhancement.

During studies of spike protein vaccines against SARS-CoV-1, the exposure of vaccinated animals to the virus led to increased morbidity and mortality.

There is also worry about mix-and-match experiments and potential problems when people are given one dose of one vaccine and a booster of a different one.

This isn't the lunatic fringe speaking. People need to start asking questions and mainstream media don't really offer much a platform for a dissenting view.
    Over ten times as many vaccines administered as positive cases detected. Those are pretty impressive figures in support of the vaccine I’d suggest. I don’t think that was your intention though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The WHO’s VigiBase, VAERS, EudraVigilance, and other databases list hundreds of thousands of reported adverse reactions after Covid vaccination, including thousands of deaths.

As politicians, health authorities, and a mostly enthusiastic public express joy and relief at what they view as the beginning of the end of the pandemic, sceptics point to the growing number of adverse reactions after Covid vaccination, the risks of long-term adverse effects, and the lack of conclusive evidence that vaccination is preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection and virus spread.

The World Health Organisation’s pharmacovigilance database, VigiBase, lists more than 1.7 million reports of adverse reactions following Covid vaccination, including more than 9,500 deaths.

Differences in viewpoints about Covid vaccination, and particularly about the implementation of Covid vaccine certificates and the prospect of generalised mandatory vaccination, are causing relationship breakdowns, including traumatic splits in families.

Those who have chosen not to receive a Covid vaccination are shamed and the hesitant are pressured. Financial and other incentives to encourage people to get a Covid vaccination are becoming increasingly widespread.

Most mainstream journalists dismiss or condemn all vaccine hesitancy as wrong and, on social media, serious abuse is levelled at those who argue that they have the right to refuse Covid vaccination. Employers are increasingly making Covid vaccination a requirement for their staff.

There is particular disquiet about DNA and RNA vaccines, which have never previously been approved for human use.

There are concerns that there will, with spike protein vaccines against SARS-CoV-2, be pathogenic priming, also known as disease enhancement.

During studies of spike protein vaccines against SARS-CoV-1, the exposure of vaccinated animals to the virus led to increased morbidity and mortality.

There is also worry about mix-and-match experiments and potential problems when people are given one dose of one vaccine and a booster of a different one.

This isn't the lunatic fringe speaking. People need to start asking questions and mainstream media don't really offer much a platform for a dissenting view.

Excellent post

@hibs.net private member
    What is it that medically except folk have, that means they can attend these events without being vaccinated, that normal people don't have?

Do they have superpowers, are they X-Men?, can't they catch or spread covid?

@hibs.net private member

In the UK alone just short of 43 million people have received a double dose of vaccine. That number is over 2.1 Trillion globally. Your figures for adverse reactions, which can be anything from very minor to life threatening, and even for those who have tragically died, offer a very strong argument that the benefits of vaccine hugely outweigh the disadvantages.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    CAn get into Portugal and have a holiday, but cant get into Easter Road, this is becoming a joke
    The Scottish government don’t make the rules for entry into Portugal.

One of the biggest challenges is the significant numbers of staff forced to isolate following a positive test result. Covid isn't draining the NHS of staff, in terms of the numbers of actual covid related hospital admissions, it's a bit more subtle than that.

The whole thing is an almighty mess. There are huge question marks around the efficacy of the tests used, both PCR and LFT, they are being used like a blunt instrument. There is increasing awareness of issues with various vaccines.

If people really want a true picture then they'll have to dig a bit deeper than the BBC news. Blind faith isn't the answer, there is too much at stake.

That isn't a dig at you Ronnie, you are feeling the backlash from what's happening, as are many . I've been waiting for an appointment for a concern for more than six months now. All I want is a ****ing scan. How am I waiting so long!!!.
    Agree it’s a mess mate I actually got an M R I Scan fairly quickly and was confirmed I didn’t have cancer
    But during lock down symptoms got worse again was seen by nurses at hospital and bloods taken
    Got called by Consultant who said we will review you in six months Lost my rag explained my symptoms and he arranged for a wee camera to get put up and have a look inside the bladder
    Again after chasing up his secretary she phoned me back with a date fairly quickly
    He was then able to see my prostrate was growing into my bladder and I needed a T U R P procedure
    I don’t mind sharing this level of detail as it’s important to get the message out there that phone consultations often inhibit some people as they try and close you down so they can phone next patient
    Also it’s important to badger the Secretary as they can help get you a cancel appointment which is quicker than waiting
    But if they then ain’t doing the operations there is nothing you Or I can do
    about that
    I have chase up meds as often repeat prescriptions don’t get ordered when you phone in
    When you try and physically see a doctor you get fibbed off and it’s phone calls by different doctors no continuity
    Patient Care has become secondary to new systems that imo are not for our benefit
    Anyway rant over and hope you push and get your scan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I have an old friend who posts many links like the one you posted. They are all well researched and point to proper evidence. I have read them and also poured over the adverse reaction reports. It all came down to numbers to me. It was far more dangerous to not be vaccinated than it was to get the jab. I decided, at 52 with asthma, to take the vaccine however I will not be pressing my daughter to do the same at 16 year old.

Just like the vaccination I want a bit more proof of why the potential restrictions are being proposed. I certainly wouldn't take the Scottish Government's word on it and I voted for both parties. I also think it says much about how society has changed in the last decade or two in terms of our rights. Citizens seem totally fine with essentially an ID card, perhaps pointing to a medical condition, being needed to get into events and having much of their virtual and real life recorded by Government and big business.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I have an old friend who posts many links like the one you posted. They are all well researched and point to proper evidence. I have read them and also poured over the adverse reaction reports. It all came down to numbers to me. It was far more dangerous to not be vaccinated than it was to get the jab. I decided, at 52 with asthma, to take the vaccine however I will not be pressing my daughter to do the same at 16 year old.

Just like the vaccination I want a bit more proof of why the potential restrictions are being proposed. I certainly wouldn't take the Scottish Government's word on it and I voted for both parties. I also think it says much about how society has changed in the last decade or two in terms of our rights. Citizens seem totally fine with essentially an ID card, perhaps pointing to a medical condition, being needed to get into events and having much of their virtual and real life recorded by Government and big business.
    Got an iPhone? Use Facebook / Instagram / Google? What we are upto is being recorded already.

Gamer IDs

Aren’t the disease enhancement claims already being debunked by scientists?

I don’t think I’d use the word “lunatic”, but I do think there is a fringe of society who look to go against “the man”. If the government had always advised against vaccine, that fringe would be claiming we should all get it.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    That's England only
    I thought the poster was England based.

J

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Got an iPhone? Use Facebook / Instagram / Google? What we are upto is being recorded already.
    The use of these forums is entirely the choice of the user and not mandated so not even close to being comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    The use of these forums is entirely the choice of the user and not mandated so not even close to being comparable.
    People can choose to get the vaccine or not. It's not being forced on anyone. I don't think there's ever been a suggestion that it would be.

@hibs.net private member
    WHO figures show 10,1248 covid deaths so far today (Wednesday). Maybe it’s time for a reality check for the sceptics

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    People can choose to get the vaccine or not. It's not being forced on anyone. I don't think there's ever been a suggestion that it would be.
    look what starting to happen in the country/world. You are legally correct, but there are other ways to get there and the ramp up is starting

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    look what starting to happen in the country/world. You are legally correct, but there are other ways to get there and the ramp up is starting
    I'm just correct.

Article below is by Missouri University's academic medical centre.

https://www.muhealth.org/our-stories...what-they-seem

Scary Reports of Deaths Following COVID-19 Vaccination Aren’t What They Seem

You might have seen the headlines on social media.
    “COVID-19 Vaccine-Related Fatalities Exceed 6,000.”
    “6,000% Increase in Reported Vaccine Deaths 1st Quarter 2021 Compared to 1st Quarter 2020.”
    No matter your vaccination status or your feelings about getting the shot, those headlines likely give you pause. Can those numbers be right?

These and similar shocking claims are the latest examples of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation. And as with most misinformation, these statements get traction because they start with a kernel of truth — in this case raw data from a reputable source.

The data and source

The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) was established in 1990 as a national early warning system to detect potential safety problems with vaccines. It is managed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
    The system allows anyone who has received a vaccine (not just a COVID-19 vaccine) to report “adverse events” (think side effects) that they experience following vaccination. Health care providers are required to submit reports of events that come to their attention even if the events clearly have no relationship to vaccination.

The system serves to alert federal health authorities to potential safety concerns, but it is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a particular problem. All reports to the system are unverified.

Since December 2020, more than 350 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the U.S., and VAERS has received 6,968 reports of death (0.0019%), according to the CDC. (Numbers as of Aug. 26, 2021.)

However, that statistic offers no insight into the cause of death for those people. If a 90-year-old nursing home resident got the vaccine and then died days, weeks or even months later of another ailment, the resident’s death would be reported to VAERS.

The misinformation strategy

Opponents of vaccination use the VAERS numbers in statements that suggest cause-and-effect conclusions. This misinformation then influences some people not to be vaccinated.

In this case, the numbers are correct, but the presumed conclusions are not.

Stevan Whitt, MD, an infectious disease doctor and chief clinical officer at MU Health Care, gets questions about these claims regularly, and he wants people to have the right information.
    “This intentional misrepresentation is a powerful tactic to sow confusion among large groups of people,” Whitt said.

To address the misinformation about VAERS, the CDC shares context around adverse events associated with the COVID-19 vaccines and emphasizes that reports of deaths (and other adverse events) do not necessarily mean the vaccines are to blame. “A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines,” the CDC notes.

Meanwhile, what we do know for sure is that more than 38 million U.S. residents have been infected and 600,000 have died from COVID-19, and the vaccine is one of the best tools to slow the spread of the virus and save lives.
    Last edited by 007; 01-09-2021 at 11:16 PM.

I'm just correct.
    You aren't correct, you are just taking a while to see the obvious.....

@hibs.net private member
    There is coercion though. You may be excluded from events for not taking it. Someone carrying both a vaccination card and covid will be allowed in but someone with neither a card or the virus won't.

Has the government, for citizens within the UK, ever restricted liberty within our countries on the back of someone making a personal and imo private medical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    You aren't correct, you are just taking a while to see the obvious.....
    No. I am just correct.

There is coercion though. You may be excluded from events for not taking it. Someone carrying both a vaccination card and covid will be allowed in but someone with neither a card or the virus won't.

Has the government, for citizens within the UK, ever restricted liberty within our countries on the back of someone making a personal and imo private medical decision.
    People can choose to go to events or not to go to events. It's their choice. We have that freedom to choose. There are all sorts of restrictions on attending events to improve health and safety conditions for those who attend. It's nothing new.

I think Nicola Sturgeon is trying to prevent thousands of deaths which could be avoided. What do you think her motives are?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    You may go into a hospital triage situation and lose your spot to someone who is ill because of their own actions. You may also sit next to someone at ER with Flu at any time in the last hundred years and that kills you. My argument is about risk, choice and exclusion. You could of course sit next to someone who is double vaccinated who passes Covid on to you too.
    You may go into a hospital triage situation and lose your spot to someone who is ill because of their own actions.

That's very true, that could be through smoking, drinking, skiing, crashing their car, falling off a ladder while painting the ceiling, gang violence, drug abuse, accidental overdose, attempted suicide, where do you draw the line? Bearing in mind in certain situations you'd have to draw that line pretty ****ing quickly!

You may also sit next to someone at ER with Flu at any time in the last hundred years and that kills you.

Again, completely true. Covid seems to be transmissible throughout the year, whereas flu tends to be most prevalent in winter, and you can get a flu jab which lessens the likelihood of catching it, but I don't know anything about asymptomatic transmission once vaccinated.

You could of course sit next to someone who is double vaccinated who passes Covid on to you too.

Yet again, you're not wrong! But the evidence points to a majority of the double vaccinated not catching Covid and being less likely to pass it on if they do.
    As for risk and choice, I would choose to be seated beside double vaccinated people to reduce the risk to myself, my family and those around me.

Gamer IDs

If you’re 17 and want to go to the pub, the government says no, you have to be 18.

If you’re 15 and want to buy cigarettes, the government says no.

If you want to drive 100 miles across the country in an hour…the government says no.

The government putting rules in place, for the good of society as a whole, isn’t a new thing.

There are already countries in the world you can’t visit without being vaccinated, for things other than covid.
    Last edited by easty; 01-09-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Last edited by 007; 02-09-2021 at 12:03 AM.

No. I am just correct.
    Aye ok. Right you are then.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I think Nicola Sturgeon is trying to prevent thousands of deaths which could be avoided. What do you think her motives are?

*awaits the first one to slaver "powwwwwer" it's all about powerrrr honest

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

coincidence, i just put a link up on the covid thread

@hibs.net private member uwxm07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Wonder if your season ticket could be invalid until you can show your vaccine passport?

Would seem unnecessary to show it every week.
    How do you show your vaccine status ? you can’t get it other than by post ( or photocopy someone else’s) cause we insist on being different from rUK rather that use the “oven ready” deal

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    If you’re 17 and want to go to the pub, the government says no, you have to be 18.

If you’re 15 and want to buy cigarettes, the government says no.

If you want to drive 100 miles across the country in an hour…the government says no.

The government putting rules in place, for the good of society as a whole, isn’t a new thing.

There are already countries in the world you can’t visit without being vaccinated, for things other than covid.
    Does anyone actually follow these rules and if not what’s the consequences?

Control