hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before vaccine passports I’d have agreed and I’d probably still agree now as I don’t think the current plan for vaccine passports goes far enough.

If the vaccine passports start to apply to bars, restaurants etc though then I’d suspect we’ll see a lot of people’s objections to the vaccine disappear into thin air and they’ll go and get it.

I’d hazard a guess a lot of folks objections to getting the vaccine aren’t as strong as their want for going out for dinner or a pint.
    Defo would. France vaccine figures went through the roof, when it was announced you wouldn't be even able to go inside a cafe.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Defo would. France vaccine figures went through the roof, when it was announced you wouldn't be even able to go inside a cafe.
    You can't even sit outside a café unless you have one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You can't even sit outside a café unless you have one.
    Didn't realise that jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Before vaccine passports I’d have agreed and I’d probably still agree now as I don’t think the current plan for vaccine passports goes far enough.

If the vaccine passports start to apply to bars, restaurants etc though then I’d suspect we’ll see a lot of people’s objections to the vaccine disappear into thin air and they’ll go and get it.

I’d hazard a guess a lot of folks objections to getting the vaccine aren’t as strong as their want for going out for dinner or a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    Er, red zone? No
    Our red zone at ER is not 2 meters from the fans.. I know I sit next to it ..

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    No. Written in to the Road Traffic Act and carries a penalty for non compliance. Every driver is aware of that when they sit their test but we all forget stuff. Common practice is not to carry these things in the car but it is a legal requirement.
    Just saw this and you are wrong. It is an offence to not produce a license when asked(subsection 6) but as long as you produce it in within 7 days subsection six does not apply. In other words it is not an offence to not carry a licence and that will be the reason I can't ever remember hearing or reading it in the Highway Code etc. The discussion has now moved on but I like bottoming out the facts. Perhaps that will be deemed to be attention seeking by you of course.

(7)
    Subsection (6) above does not apply where a person required on any occasion under the preceding provisions of this section to produce a licence F2...—

(a)
    produces on that occasion a current receipt for the licence F2... issued under section 56 of the M1Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 and, if required to do so, produces the licence F2... in person immediately on [F29its] return at a police station that was specified on that occasion, or

(b)
    within seven days after that occasion produces such a receipt in person at a police station that was specified by him on that occasion and, if required to do so, produces the licence F2... in person immediately on [F29its] return at that police station.

Probably as cases started to rise exponentially before schools went back, also the growth has slowed right down so hopefully we'll be at the peak of this wave in the next week or so
    Did they? We had a peak late June/early July that was down to the football, then the latest rise started second week of august which coincides when the schools went back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Just saw this and you are wrong. It is an offence to not produce a license when asked(subsection 6) but as long as you produce it in within 7 days subsection six does not apply. In other words it is not an offence to not carry a licence and that will be the reason I can't ever remember hearing or reading it in the Highway Code etc. The discussion has now moved on but I like bottoming out the facts. Perhaps that will be deemed to be attention seeking by you of course.

(7)
    Subsection (6) above does not apply where a person required on any occasion under the preceding provisions of this section to produce a licence F2...—

(a)
    produces on that occasion a current receipt for the licence F2... issued under section 56 of the M1Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 and, if required to do so, produces the licence F2... in person immediately on [F29its] return at a police station that was specified on that occasion, or

(b)
    within seven days after that occasion produces such a receipt in person at a police station that was specified by him on that occasion and, if required to do so, produces the licence F2... in person immediately on [F29its] return at that police station.

No I am correct. As you also say, It is an offence not to produce your licence, insurance certificates or test certificate, when it is demanded by a police officer in uniform at the time of being stopped. If the driver fails to produce any of these documents then the offence is complete.
    However, as I said previously, it is accepted that it is not always practicable for a driver to comply with the law that requires that they carry their licence, insurance certificate and test certificate (if relevant) therefore the system of the formal requirement to produce some or all of these documents at a nominated police station was introduced in the Road Traffic Act, 1972 and subsequent Acts followed suit.
    If the driver fails to comply within that seven days grace period then they are charged with the original offence of failing to produce their documents at the time of being stopped and that is the offence they answer to the court for.

Over 10,000 covid deaths worldwide again today. Utterly awful. Don’t you agree it’s time for people to stop making excuses for people not complying with government attempts to mitigate this pandemic tragedy?
    Last edited by CentreLine; 02-09-2021 at 11:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Did they? We had a peak late June/early July that was down to the football, then the latest rise started second week of august which coincides when the schools went back.
    Yeah cases had already had a big jump by the 18th when most kids in Scotland went back. Then if the caught it on the earliest 18th, it would take another 4-5 days on average for symptoms and if tested result would be in the next days numbers.

Screenshot_20210902-234940_Chrome.jpg

Yeah cases had already had a big jump by the 18th when most kids in Scotland went back. Then if the caught it on the earliest 18th, it would take another 4-5 days on average for symptoms and if tested result would be in the next days numbers.

Screenshot_20210902-234940_Chrome.jpg
    That line looks fairly flat to me until the 18th. The only two major differences I can see from England to ourselves is we are still wearing masks, and our kids are back at school. Now we are told masks keep us safe, so it’s not that. It leaves me thinking it can only be the schools.

91% uptake on first dose of vaccine is the figures I can see in over 18s, is that correct? 9 in 10 is outstanding and certainly isn’t something I’d be concerned about.

Just read - last week 33,000 off school with Covid related reasons, ie testing positive or isolating.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 02-09-2021 at 11:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    This is a disaster - Sturgeon must go

@hibs.net private member
    No I am correct. As you also say, It is an offence not to produce your licence, insurance certificates or test certificate, when it is demanded by a police officer in uniform at the time of being stopped. If the driver fails to produce any of these documents then the offence is complete.
    However, as I said previously, it is accepted that it is not always practicable for a driver to comply with the law that requires that they carry their licence, insurance certificate and test certificate (if relevant) therefore the system of the formal requirement to produce some or all of these documents at a nominated police station was introduced in the Road Traffic Act, 1972 and subsequent Acts followed suit.
    If the driver fails to comply within that seven days grace period then they are charged with the original offence of failing to produce their documents at the time of being stopped and that is the offence they answer to the court for.

Over 10,000 covid deaths worldwide again today. Utterly awful. Don’t you agree it’s time for people to stop making excuses for people not complying with government attempts to mitigate this pandemic tragedy?
    Does not apply must mean, does apply then.

The numbers killed in the pandemic is a tragedy for sure, not convinced the government are trying to mitigate deaths and illnesses by allowing 10k people to gather. The UK governments have done a dreadful job of mitigating death and suffering from the start despite an incredibly compliant response from the public. As far as I am aware the government haven't decided to do this yet. It is an act they do not seem very comfortable with, for good reason.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That line looks fairly flat to me until the 18th. The only two major differences I can see from England to ourselves is we are still wearing masks, and our kids are back at school. Now we are told masks keep us safe, so it’s not that. It leaves me thinking it can only be the schools.

91% uptake on first dose of vaccine is the figures I can see in over 18s, is that correct? 9 in 10 is outstanding and certainly isn’t something I’d be concerned about.

Just read - last week 33,000 off school with Covid related reasons, ie testing positive or isolating.
    Yes but that 18th is tests done on the 17 of people who roughly caught it on the 12th. The earliest a kid could catch it at school for most kids was the 18th so that wouldn't be on the chart until the 24th generally.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Got my QR code this morning, took about 10 seconds.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Got my QR code this morning, took about 10 seconds.
    Is that the one that comes with the vaccination status letter…or is there an electronic version ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Is that the one that comes with the vaccination status letter…or is there an electronic version ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you go on the website showing your vaccination status, as well as a button to request a paper copy, there is - from this morning - a button to download the QR version to your phone.

@hibs.net private member
    If you go on the website showing your vaccination status, as well as a button to request a paper copy, there is - from this morning - a button to download the QR version to your phone.
    Cheers

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    You had better send your link to the anti vax loons , a.k.a the World Health Organisation, because that’s where my quote comes from.
    There's nothing in your quote from the WHO (I assume you're referring to this post: https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...66#post6680466) that says an mRNA vaccine can alter your DNA. That's not how mRNA functions.

That's mine downloaded. Couldn't be easier.
    Now I can go to watch the Hibs knowing those most likely to give me this horrible infection won't be there.
    Having had my jabs I am far less likely to get seriously ill too but I have an 85 year old mum who can do without a dose of coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This is a disaster - Sturgeon must go

Lock her up!

@hibs.net private member
    Can I just check one more thing ..I can download the vaccine status letter which has two barcodes in it ..is there anything else you Are downloading ??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Does not apply must mean, does apply then.

The numbers killed in the pandemic is a tragedy for sure, not convinced the government are trying to mitigate deaths and illnesses by allowing 10k people to gather. The UK governments have done a dreadful job of mitigating death and suffering from the start despite an incredibly compliant response from the public. As far as I am aware the government haven't decided to do this yet. It is an act they do not seem very comfortable with, for good reason.
    On your first comment, clearly you are someone who chooses to misinterpret to suit your own agenda. The law is clear.

I agree on much of your take on government failure. The spin doctors are doing a great job getting people to look away from the horrendous body count and bigging up the success of vaccine rollout. The reality is that the UK has only recently slipped from fifth to eighth in the world for numbers of fatalities. That’s not an improvement by the way, just other countries getting worse. An utterly horrendous record when most of the countries with larger death rates have significantly larger populations and lack our health facilities and infrastructure. Mexico, Peru, Brazil, India, Indonesia and then we have Russia and USA.
    This is the discussion we should be having, in my opinion. It’s about the unimaginable waste of human life, not looking for loopholes and finding spurious and ridiculous excuses for people not following simple guidelines.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 03-09-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Can I just check one more thing ..I can download the vaccine status letter which has two barcodes in it ..is there anything else you Are downloading ??
    That's all you need.

On your first comment, clearly you are someone who chooses to misinterpret to suit your own agenda. The law is clear.

I agree on much of your take on government failure. The spin doctors are doing a great job getting people to look away from the horrendous body count and bigging up the success of vaccine rollout. The reality is that the UK has only recently slipped from fifth to eighth in the world for numbers of fatalities. That’s not an improvement by the way, just other countries getting worse. An utterly horrendous record when most of the countries with larger death rates have significantly larger populations and lack our health facilities and infrastructure. Mexico, Peru, Brazil, India, Indonesia and then we have Russia and USA.
    This is the discussion we should be having, in my opinion. It’s about the unimaginable waste of human life, not looking for loopholes and finding spurious and ridiculous excuses for people not following simple guidelines.
    Whilst the deaths here have been truely horrific and im sure an enquiry will take place, im not sure that the way some contries are recording/reporting deaths will be comparable to the UK. Id imagine there has been a lot of under reporting in some areas of the world.....

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    There's nothing in your quote from the WHO (I assume you're referring to this post: https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...66#post6680466) that says an mRNA vaccine can alter your DNA. That's not how mRNA functions.
    That wasn't what I was saying, read again.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    That wasn't what I was saying, read again.
    Then why did you refer back to that quote in response to an article that is specifically about the misconception of mRNA vaccine altering your DNA?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Whilst the deaths here have been truely horrific and im sure an enquiry will take place, im not sure that the way some contries are recording/reporting deaths will be comparable to the UK. Id imagine there has been a lot of under reporting in some areas of the world.....
    Definitely agree with you there. Sadly that only makes the worldwide situation worse. Unfortunately it doesn’t make the UK response better. We will never know what the true consequences of this pandemic have been and will continue to be.
    Here in the supposed “developed world” we are even convincing ourselves that the pandemic is over. We are so conceited in our superior view of our position in the world, it really does beggar belief. We are living in a pandemic. Pandemic is, by definition, a real and continuing threat to every single person on the planet. You, me, our parents and grandparents, for those lucky enough to still have them. Our children, grandchildren and, for some, great grandchildren. Right here where we live, not in some dark corner of the world.
    Yet some people don’t want to take the small steps and mitigations only available to us because we do live in a privileged part of the world.
    It’s way past time people stopped making excuses and got on with showing a responsible and respectful response to this threat.

Get a vaccine. Wear a mask. Give others space. And look after personal hygiene for ourselves and those around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    What’s the stats in the uk for deaths purely Covid no underlying health conditions and the age groups of these people?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    What’s the stats in the uk for deaths purely Covid no underlying health conditions and the age groups of these people?
    Get a life!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    That's all you need.