hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're making a point about your decision to get a flu vaccine and trying to make an analogy with restrictions facing people who choose to be unvaccinated. It's not really the same as the direction of travel were going down with coercive measures and Covid, is it?
    It’s not coercive measures….!! It’s for the safety of the many!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scot Gov proposal is that those with unavoidable reasons for not having had their jags will be exempt. Hopefully they will be given a passport,and any chance of unfairness goes away.

Beyond that - nae vacc? Nae fitba. Nae luck.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by douglashibs View Post
    The only pandemic right now is one of hysteria. Let’s see how happy everyone is when you have to take a third jab to be considered vaccinated, as in Israel. Then a fourth?
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
    Now I know you’re only positing this for attention but I’ll bite. Pandemic is where a virus or similar illness is a threat to every person on the planet. The current declared new case rate of circa 750,000 people currently confirmed to have the virus every day is testament to that.
    They current declared death rate is over 10,000 soles every day.
    So far over 4.5 million people have died and no obvious let up. That’s pandemic.
    Endemic is when it becomes a dangerous illness that will cause a tragic but manageable number of serious illnesses and deaths.
    This thing is still there and there is a fair chance it is not finished with us yet, here in the UK.
    Flippant comments are utterly disrespectful to those that have been seriously ill and especially to those who have lost loved ones to this awful pandemic.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 01-09-2021 at 06:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    You're making a point about your decision to get a flu vaccine and trying to make an analogy with restrictions facing people who choose to be unvaccinated. It's not really the same as the direction of travel were going down with coercive measures and Covid, is it?
    No, but everything in life is a choice. Choice and consequence.

If this helps people choose to have a vaccine then I’m fine with that.

Vaccine is the only way to get back to normal. They work. If the population needs a nudge then hopefully they take the hint.

J

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Scot Gov proposal is that those with unavoidable reasons for not having had their jags will be exempt. Hopefully they will be given a passport,and any chance of unfairness goes away.

Beyond that - nae vacc? Nae fitba. Nae luck.
    This

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
    Now I know you’re only positing this for attention but I’ll bite. Pandemic is where a virus or similar illness is a threat to every person on the planet. The current declared death rate of circa 750,000 people currently dying every day is testament to that.
    So far over 4.5 million people have died and no obvious let up. That’s pandemic.
    Endemic is when it becomes a dangerous illness that will cause a tragic but manageable number of serious illnesses and deaths.
    This thing is still there and there is a fair chance it is not finished with us yet, here in the UK.
    Flippant comments are utterly disrespectful to those that have been seriously ill and especially to those who have lost loved ones to this awful pandemic.
    I agree with you, mostly, but there aren’t 750000 people dying a day from it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Only 51% of 18-29 year olds have have their first dose… this could come into force from next weekend… I can’t see the other 49% getting vaccinated in a week.
    I'm in that age group myself and there is absolutely no reason for anyone in that age group to have not had your first jab by now. Even disregarding the bookable vaccinations which have been open for months there have also been drop in centres for ages, no appointment required.

Barring some exceptional medical circumstances, the only reason would be if they chose not to have it, in which case I don't think they have any reason to complain.

Does anyone no if it is a free vote in the Parliament if it is then it won't pass but if snp and green party tell there mps to vote for the motion then it will pass

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The only pandemic right now is one of hysteria. Let’s see how happy everyone is when you have to take a third jab to be considered vaccinated, as in Israel. Then a fourth?

Is this meant to be a joke?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Is this meant to be a joke?
    I laughed…

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey1875 View Post
    It was my choice not to have it and I am happy to live with that rather than do something I am not comfortable with, considering that it wasn't part of the T&C's of entry when I bought it I will be expecting a refund for my season ticket though.
    That’s an interesting point that I was just having a look at, purely out of interest. The Season Ticket Terms and Conditions (https://d3tepru76oevpi.cloudfront.ne...s-Home-STs.pdf) include the following:

14. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the stadium and/or withdraw the season ticket from any person at any time, should the person contravene any Ground Regulations.

Now the Ground Regulations may include something along the lines of supporters agreeing to comply with all relevant laws and regulations governing entry to the ground - which would likely (bearing in mind the relevant law has probably not been drafted yet and will only be debated in Holyrood next week) be broad enough to cover the club refusing entry. The trouble is that I can’t find a document titled “Ground Regulations” on the Hibs website. Does it exist online? I can see a couple of images (albeit of only half of the regulations or thereabouts) taken outside the ground, but not the full document.

@hibs.net private member
    Absolute rubbish that there’s no pressure on the NHS…. I have many friends and family who work in the NHS and they’re absolutely swamped!!
    Totally agree and also have relations in NHS. The NHS staff are currently fried and there is no light at the end of the tunnel as it stands.
    Added to that, two close relations have just spent several days in hospital and it was patently clear the pressure the staff at the ERI are under.
    Utter joke to deny this is happening
    Last edited by CentreLine; 01-09-2021 at 06:40 PM.

I know of two brothers that refused to take the jag, one has died two weeks ago, the other has now taken the jag. The one that died has left 2 kids behind, the other brother thinks his daughter gave him it after coming home from school. Folks, just dont refuse it for the sake of refusing it, its a lifesaver.
    Christ, most folks dont think twice about taking jags when going to exotic countries.

Only 51% of 18-29 year olds have have their first dose… this could come into force from next weekend… I can’t see the other 49% getting vaccinated in a week.
    51% have had both doses.

All over 18s have been able to get their first dose for over 2 months now so I'd suggest that the majority of the
    25.7% of that age group who are still completely unvaccinated just don't want it.

They've certainly had ample opportunity to get their appointment.

Gamer IDs

Those are the figures. My gut feeling is to agree with you. That is only the figure countries are prepared to release. The true figure will be considerably larger than that
    A day? That’s not the figures I’ve seen anywhere. Maybe 7500 deaths a day, nowhere near 750000.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I know of two brothers that refused to take the jag, one has died two weeks ago, the other has now taken the jag. The one that died has left 2 kids behind, the other brother thinks his daughter gave him it after coming home from school. Folks, just dont refuse it for the sake of refusing it, its a lifesaver.
    Christ, most folks dont think twice about taking jags when going to exotic countries.
    I was chatting to a person who told me they we’re an intravenous drug user the other day, while leaving a small donation in their cup. I just find it incredibly sad that this person is prepared to inject street sourced drugs in their body but wanted to tell me that it’s not safe to take a covid vaccine and covid is a worldwide hoax.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    I've been abroad a couple of times recently and a screen shot is not an acceptable form of proof. The actual letter is required. Which is a bit of a pain because it now looks like a dog's dinner.
    The SG are saying a certificate of vaccination would be required which is what I have. I have no inclination or intention to go abroad so along with photo ID think I should be ok for the events in question. If not then I will have to get the letter.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    A day? That’s not the figures I’ve seen anywhere. Maybe 7500 deaths a day, nowhere near 750000.
    Aaaaaagh. That’s how misinformation get as out there. My sincere apologies, 750,000 is a the number of confirmed news cases every day.
    The official number of people dying every day is tragical over 10,000.
    I will now amend my previous post with apologies.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    The SG are saying a certificate of vaccination would be required which is what I have. I have no inclination or intention to go abroad so along with photo ID think I should be ok for the events in question. If not then I will have to get the letter.
    A screenshot was fine for me in Antigua. Just came back at the weekend from 2 weeks there.

Gamer IDs

Aaaaaagh. That’s how misinformation get as out there. My sincere apologies, 750,000 is a the number of confirmed news cases every day.
    Yeh I thought that might be it, 750000 dying a day would be incredibly scary!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Yeh I thought that might be it, 750000 dying a day would be incredibly scary!
    As is 10,000 a day and that’s only the ones countries are declaring

@hibs.net private member
    In terms of a 7 day average the daily death rate hasn't been 10k or over since the start of June and daily cases has started to fall in the uk over the last few days.
    Last edited by wookie70; 01-09-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    In terms of a 7 day average the daily death rate hasn't been 10k or over since the start of June and daily cases has started to fall in the uk over the last few days.
    Without this turning into a pissing competition as the subject is way too serious for that perhaps the newspaper headline is just false as seen - Covid news – live: UK sees highest daily death toll in months as 500,000 to be offered third vaccine dose LIVE – Updated at 19:00 The UK has recorded 207 new Covid-19 related deaths – the highest number since March.

The total number of people who had died within 28 days of testing positive has reached 132,742.
    Separate figures published by the Office for National Statistics show there have been 157,000 deaths registered in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.
    The new daily figures come following a bank holiday weekend when there is usually a lag in reporting deaths and cases.
    It comes after a new coronavirus strain, named Mu, has been designated a variant of interest by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Key Points

• UK Covid-related death toll highest in six months
    • Scotland tops list of UK areas with highest Covid rates
    • Severely immunosuppressed people to be offered third jab
    • WHO monitoring new variant of interest – called Mu
    • Scotland’s increased Covid spread ‘extremely concerning’
    • Scotland plans to bring in vaccine passports for events
    • Johnson to press ahead with nightclub passports
    Last edited by A Hi-Bee; 01-09-2021 at 07:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Without this turning into a pissing competition

That looks factually correct as is what I posted. I was replying to a post that was factually incorrect and to a poster that stated they didn't want to spread misinformation.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Okay, they are effective at reducing illness. But that is about it - they are not making you immune, and you can still get very ill and die, and you are now needing regular boosters.

So they are effective at reducing hospital backlogs - which is good. However, there is no pressure on the NHS these days - it is under control. So I don't see the point in these passports.
    Why are you spouting rubbish that the NHS is under no pressure ?
    Who told you this ?
    Where did you get that information ?
    Don’t you realise that you’re insulting everyone who’s almost at breaking point working for the NHS ?

You’re making things up to suit your agenda.

For your information 9 out of 11 Health Boards in Scotland are on red alert.

I wonder where all this will end?

I'm fully vaccinated, but I'm also deeply concerned about the erosion of freedoms and liberties that we're seeing. I'm massively against coercive approaches to promoting vaccination.
    Couldn't agree more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    You accuse me of misinformation? I was more than happy to acknowledge my error in misquoting the recorded v death figure in my first post but I am not about to engage in an unseemly debate over the deaths of individual people being slightly over or under 10,000 people on any individual day. Save to say that over ten thousand people have been officially recorded as having died from covid-19 on enough days this past week to make my point more than valid.
    So far today WHO figured are reporting 10,124 individuals have died and the day is not over in a significant part of the world.

UK infection figures have not started to fall in the past few days. Although they may have slowed a little, 35,693 new cases were recorded in the past 24 hrs and that gives a 7 day average of 33,754 daily cases.

207 people died today in the UK having been diagnosed with covid in the past 28 days, against a steadily increasing 7 day average of 106. Scandalously, the UK sits as the country with the 8th highest number of recorded COVID-19 deaths in the world, with 132,742 deaths. Those with higher numbers, in most cases, have significantly larger populations than our own and include:
    USA, Brazil, India, Mexico, Peru, Russia and Indonesia.

Yes we now have an effective vaccine programme that our government would like people to concentrate on instead of the desperately tragic numbers.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 01-09-2021 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    Why are you spouting rubbish that the NHS is under no pressure ?
    Who told you this ?
    Where did you get that information ?
    Don’t you realise that you’re insulting everyone who’s almost at breaking point working for the NHS ?

You’re making things up to suit your agenda.

For your information 9 out of 11 Health Boards in Scotland are on red alert.
    The whole thing is absurd. No analysis of the other side of the coin from lockdown. Children’s education lost, mental health, economic disaster, impact on elderly from virtual imprisonments, massive reduction in cancer tests.

We need to get on with our lives and simply accept this tragic additional risk. I am double vaccinated but frankly the choice to vaccinate should be a personal one and I do not blame anyone who decides for whatever reason not to and I hope they will not be barred from events. It’s a very slippery slope when you effectively force something.. some people are prepared to take the risk, others understandably take a different view and that’s their call.

I am sure you are right 9 out of 11 NHS trusts may well be on red alert but that’s because they have crashed capacity as a result of the pandemic. It’s a separate debate as to whether that was wise.

Know your legal rights. As I understand it, regulations of the Scottish Parliament do not override the Equalities Act, which is primary legislation. That Act makes it illegal to discriminate on medical grounds. Hibs would be liable for refusing entry on medical grounds. No doubt the legal eagles will clarify.
    Incorrect. Westminster passed primary emergency legislation to over-ride existing laws to combat the Pandemic. It was then devolved to Scotland, Wales and NI. Its why we wasted 3 weeks at the start waiting for that useless bin bag full of custard to get of his erchie resulting in a huge number of avoudable deaths.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    That’s an interesting point that I was just having a look at, purely out of interest. The Season Ticket Terms and Conditions (https://d3tepru76oevpi.cloudfront.ne...s-Home-STs.pdf) include the following:

14. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the stadium and/or withdraw the season ticket from any person at any time, should the person contravene any Ground Regulations.

Now the Ground Regulations may include something along the lines of supporters agreeing to comply with all relevant laws and regulations governing entry to the ground - which would likely (bearing in mind the relevant law has probably not been drafted yet and will only be debated in Holyrood next week) be broad enough to cover the club refusing entry. The trouble is that I can’t find a document titled “Ground Regulations” on the Hibs website. Does it exist online? I can see a couple of images (albeit of only half of the regulations or thereabouts) taken outside the ground, but not the full document.
    I would have hoped that as the goalposts have now changed then they would be understanding of cases such as mine, if these were going to be required at the start of the season then I wouldnt have bought one.

I'm also not sure how enforceable these will be as when masks were mandatory you still couldn't ask for proof of exemption.