hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the tornadoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, but the subs will be sitting next to the fans in the stand !!

i thought they have a wee section to themselves

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just get vaccinated, eh?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    If anything is needed suspect it won’t be put in place until after the rugby matches in November
    I think the uptake in the average rugby crowd will be huge. 91% of adults are vaccinated so will be able to have a huge crowd. Add in less vaccinated are heavily swung towards the younger groups, also wealth and ethnicity unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    For info, in France anyone who comes into contact with the public in places that require a Covid passport (eg. bars, restaurants, stadiums, etc.) must themselves have a Covid passport.

People currently employed who don't have one must be removed from public contact where possible, if not they are to be suspended without pay. They can't however be sacked.
    That's class but we'll never bring that in.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Scroll down to section about lost paperwork.👍

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-...ination-status
    I had a look at that and actually registered. I chucked by appointment letters so only managed to register as I knew the date I got vaccinated(only knew that because of Facebook) When you get to the point of requesting the certificate it says you should only do so if travelling in the next 14 days. I suspect that is due to the effort required to send them out. I can only imagine that will be another stumbling block when hundreds of thousands request certificates to attend gigs and sporting events.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    I think the uptake in the average rugby crowd will be huge. 91% of adults are vaccinated so will be able to have a huge crowd. Add in less vaccinated are heavily swung towards the younger groups, also wealth and ethnicity unfortunately.
    I agree and that makes it even more of a pointless exercise when nearly everyone will be double vaxxed

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    That's class but we'll never bring that in.
    Are you the Oracle or something

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I agree and that makes it even more of a pointless exercise when nearly everyone will be double vaxxed
    Not nearly everyone though hundreds of thousands of under 50s won't. That's why it's been targeted to nightclubs football festivals ect. Want in get jagged, pretty simple

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Are you the Oracle or something
    I would be stunned if snp went from hesitant to bringing them in to targeted places, all the way to people can't work

@hibs.net private member
    Good we thread of why I don't want any of you unvaccinated in easter road

https://mobile.twitter.com/apsmunro/...49468261322759

Alasdair Munro
    @apsmunro
    Did you hear vaccinated people with Delta “have just as much virus in their nose so are just as infectious as unvaccinated”?

Turns out vaccinated people have significantly less culturable virus present at the same Ct count

They are LESS INFECTIOUS Collision symbol

https://medrxiv.org/content/10.110

@apsmunro

Add to this the data that vaccinated people also clear the virus much faster Plus it at least halves your chance of getting infected in the first place Being vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t transmit, but it’s your best bet at protecting the people around you

@hibs.net private member
    Not nearly everyone though hundreds of thousands of under 50s won't. That's why it's been targeted to nightclubs football festivals ect. Want in get jagged, pretty simple
    At a Scotland rugby game, I agree with the previous poster. The demographic of a Scotland game is older and wealthier with their kids and is very white. ie the groups most likely to have been double vaxxed.

Lots of those will spend hours in pubs and on public transport before and after the game. I don't think pubs required you to be double vaxxed and they will be steaming and not even remotely social distancing. I think there are no rules on social distancing in pubs but stand to be corrected. I wouldn't be selfish enough to go to a pub during a pandemic of course.

@hibs.net private member
    Add to this the data that vaccinated people also clear the virus much faster Plus it at least halves your chance of getting infected in the first place Being vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t transmit, but it’s your best bet at protecting the people around you
    Having no people round you is the best bet

and if you have already had covid from teh same thread

Basically all our infections our delta, and we’ve found reinfections to have significantly higher Ct counts (so lower viral loads) than primary infections too
    Last edited by wookie70; 02-09-2021 at 07:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Having no people round you is the best bet

and if you have already had covid from teh same thread

Basically all our infections our delta, and we’ve found reinfections to have significantly higher Ct counts (so lower viral loads) than primary infections too
    Another study out today the science is undeniable. Those vaccinated are unbelievably less likely to get ill and more importantly spread this virus. Just get vaccinated you bafoons, it's not main stream media or the government spreading lies. 150,000 died in the UK 100,000 are already to be estimated to have been saved in the UK due to being vaccinated. People are losing there jobs left right and centre, help end this

https://mobile.twitter.com/PamelaPMartinez/status/1433464752387366917

5 out of 6 fully vaxed who had breakthrough infections remained viral culture negative throughout their enrollment period, suggesting minimal shedding of infectious virus and little to no transmission risk.

The total number of days that vaccinated individuals tested viral culture positive was significantly fewer than both newly vaccinated and unvaccinated groups, indicating that vaccination significantly reduces infectious virus shedding

@hibs.net private member
    Another study out today the science is undeniable. Those vaccinated are unbelievably less likely to get ill and more importantly spread this virus. Just get vaccinated you bafoons, it's not main stream media or the government spreading lies. 150,000 died in the UK 100,000 are already to be estimated to have been saved in the UK due to being vaccinated. People are losing there jobs left right and centre, help end this

https://mobile.twitter.com/PamelaPMartinez/status/1433464752387366917

5 out of 6 fully vaxed who had breakthrough infections remained viral culture negative throughout their enrollment period, suggesting minimal shedding of infectious virus and little to no transmission risk.

The total number of days that vaccinated individuals tested viral culture positive was significantly fewer than both newly vaccinated and unvaccinated groups, indicating that vaccination significantly reduces infectious virus shedding
    I'm afraid it doesn't matter at this stage how much data you have Stairway - minds are made up imo. Which is exactly why we need vaccine passports. The Govt have appealed to the country's sense of duty to help the vulnerable and themselves, and the vast majority have got on board.

There are still a sizable chunk who have ignored this, and gone down their own path. I'm not convinced any amount of information and data will make a difference anymore. We need to grudgingly respect their decision, but ensure we reduce their ability to harm others. By preventing them attending large scale events.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I'm afraid it doesn't matter at this stage how much data you have Stairway - minds are made up imo. Which is exactly why we need vaccine passports. The Govt have appealed to the country's sense of duty to help the vulnerable and themselves, and the vast majority have got on board.

There are still a sizable chunk who have ignored this, and gone down their own path. I'm not convinced any amount of information and data will make a difference anymore. We need to grudgingly respect their decision, but ensure we reduce their ability to harm others. By preventing them attending large scale events.
    Yeah actually probably spot on. We don't want anyone to miss a game but needs must and hopefully none of this will be needed soon enough

I had a look at that and actually registered. I chucked by appointment letters so only managed to register as I knew the date I got vaccinated(only knew that because of Facebook) When you get to the point of requesting the certificate it says you should only do so if travelling in the next 14 days. I suspect that is due to the effort required to send them out. I can only imagine that will be another stumbling block when hundreds of thousands request certificates to attend gigs and sporting events.
    As of now you can download the certificate so they don't need to be sent out

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah actually probably spot on. We don't want anyone to miss a game but needs must and hopefully none of this will be needed soon enough
    Fingers crossed. I would love nothing more than this to be a distant memory in a years time, and laugh that we ever talked about vaccines on .net. Sadly I don't that will be the case.

@hibs.net private member

https://mobile.twitter.com/PamelaPMa...64752387366917

As said in the post under the OP, that data is not for the Delta variant which is the one the UK mostly and almost exclusively has. Check out how many were actually involved and also that it isn't peer reviewed.

I’m sure it’s been said by others - it’s important to point out that this is not Delta. We are seeing remarkable transmission among fully vaccinated groups. I believe we will find higher transmissibility of Delta in Vax’d than Alpha in unvax’d.
    Last edited by wookie70; 02-09-2021 at 08:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    As of now you can download the certificate so they don't need to be sent out
    Not that I could see. It says something about a change coming tomorrow regarding PDFs for over 15s but are we sure a digital copy would be accepted anyway. So easy to knock those up, saying that it will be easy enough to circumvent a paper copy too.

Not that I could see. It says something about a change coming tomorrow regarding PDFs for over 15s but are we sure a digital copy would be accepted anyway. So easy to knock those up, saying that it will be easy enough to circumvent a paper copy too.
    It's available to download now via your online portal - I've just done it.

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=csm_login

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Just get vaccinated, eh?
    What he said.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It's available to download now via your online portal - I've just done it.

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=csm_login
    So it is. Strange it says tomorrow on the blurb but that is maybe referring to something else. I'm not keen on too much private info on my phone so I will request a paper copy if I decide to attend given my views. I hope they allow enough time between implementation for posted certificates to arrive. Not everyone takes mobiles to the fitba

@hibs.net private member
    As said in the post under the OP, that data is not for the Delta variant which is the one the UK mostly and almost exclusively has.

I’m sure it’s been said by others - it’s important to point out that this is not Delta. We are seeing remarkable transmission among fully vaccinated groups. I believe we will find higher transmissibility of Delta in Vax’d than Alpha in unvax’d.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/apsmunro/status/1429449468261322759

There isn't much difference with delta vaccine still has same protection against severe infection high 90s. More can catch it than delta but still around 60% protection against that and the ones that have been infected have low viral load. Vaccines are amazing get it down you

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Vaccinated people can be sceptical too, amazing as that might seem to those who want to polarise every discussion about the ethics of vaccine coercion.

@hibs.net private member
    https://mobile.twitter.com/apsmunro/status/1429449468261322759

There isn't much difference with delta vaccine still has same protection against severe infection high 90s. More can catch it than delta but still around 60% protection against that and the ones that have been infected have low viral load. Vaccines are amazing get it down you
    I already am double vaxxed.

That study is far from conclusive. Have you read the notes, quite a small study anyways and anomalies such as different variants for those tested. These notes stuck out for me - "further studies are needed to assess whether the decreased137 infectious virus shedding in breakthrough infections also lowers the chance of virus transmission." and "To study the effect of vaccination on infectivity, it would be preferable to compare infections occurring in121 vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals during the same time period, to minimize the impact of different122 SARS-CoV-2 variants. Due to the high vaccine coverage in HCW, we diagnosed very few infections in123 unvaccinated HCWs. "

Not exactly the type of info I would say is conclusive, the author certainly doesn't think so and even if he does manage to make firm conclusions there will be another variant along to change the scores on the doors.

Isn’t the rate in England far lower than it is in Scotland? Only difference being schools being back up here. Do they release the stats on how many of our cases are school children?

Now I’m delighted my kids are at school but that’s surely the biggest factor rather than who has or hasn’t been vaccinated and got a certificate. Maybe too simple.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Isn’t the rate in England far lower than it is in Scotland? Only difference being schools being back up here. Do they release the stats on how many of our cases are school children?

Now I’m delighted my kids are at school but that’s surely the biggest factor rather than who has or hasn’t been vaccinated and got a certificate. Maybe too simple.
    Probably as cases started to rise exponentially before schools went back, also the growth has slowed right down so hopefully we'll be at the peak of this wave in the next week or so

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Before vaccine passports I’d have agreed and I’d probably still agree now as I don’t think the current plan for vaccine passports goes far enough.

If the vaccine passports start to apply to bars, restaurants etc though then I’d suspect we’ll see a lot of people’s objections to the vaccine disappear into thin air and they’ll go and get it.

I’d hazard a guess a lot of folks objections to getting the vaccine aren’t as strong as their want for going out for dinner or a pint.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Before vaccine passports I’d have agreed and I’d probably still agree now as I don’t think the current plan for vaccine passports goes far enough.

If the vaccine passports start to apply to bars, restaurants etc though then I’d suspect we’ll see a lot of people’s objections to the vaccine disappear into thin air and they’ll go and get it.

I’d hazard a guess a lot of folks objections to getting the vaccine aren’t as strong as their want for going out for dinner or a pint.
    Agreed. There are a lot of people thinking deeply about this and being caught up in crazy misinformation.
    But there are also a great number of attention seekers objecting for the sake of getting a reaction.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    So that's all the Under-18s ruled out?
    No!!!!

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/invitations-and-appointments/who-will-be-offered-the-coronavirus-vaccine
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.