hibs.net Messageboard

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1505
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It worked on this occasion, however word will soon get out that your test result won't be checked. I just think it's unprofessional to put that in as a requirement but then don't bother to check anyone on their way in.

The vaccine passport rule will end up being largely a waste of time.

27% of males in their 30s are not fully vaccinated and 40% of males aged 18-29 are not fully vaccinated.

Males aged 18-39 will make up a fair chunk of a football attendance so it will be interesting to see if they are targetted.
    If they’re going to do spot checks then you’re as well almost exclusively focusing on these age groups.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    It worked on this occasion, however word will soon get out that your test result won't be checked. I just think it's unprofessional to put that in as a requirement but then don't bother to check anyone on their way in.

27% of males in their 30s are not fully vaccinated and 40% of males aged 18-29 are not fully vaccinated.

Males aged 18-39 will make up a fair chunk of a football attendance so it will be interesting to see if they are targetted.
    Yeah, you'd think they would do a few, even just for appearances sake......

Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    i was the same> go on nhs inform scroll down to recover username and its simple
    I managed to find my username from an invitation for an NHS flu jab.

I tried to access the site using that name to rearrange my flu jab and it claimed that the username had not been recognised and that I should try again. I did so and got the same result. I went back in a third time and it still couldn't find my username. I am now frozen out of the online system. There is a number to ring but others have complained that it is next to impossible to get through. In my case, I got a recorded message from a call centre in India ask for me to give information and they would get back to me. As the appointment is at 08:15 tomorrow in the depths of Ingliston, I didn't bother to reply.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    If they’re going to do spot checks then you’re as well almost exclusively focusing on these age groups.
    Would that be legal. I get the reasoning but it is similar to the argument as to why black males are constantly targeted for stop and search.

Even if you did target those groups the majority are already vaccinated anyway. If they have made their mind up not to get vaccinated they may well just take their chances at the next home game if refused this time. If it is anything like spot checks at away grounds just arrive late, in a group, where the stewards are already under pressure and they tend not to bother with checks. Most likely it will be all the 50 plus year olds who are double vaxed and arrive early to avoid crowds that are checked to get the quota up if they even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Then all they need to do (based on Rangers statement) is say they are exempt and they are in. Or borrow their pals and again, they are in.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53511877

according to the latest Scottish data it shows near 80% of 18-29 are vaccinated.

I know that includes both males and females, but I think, or at least hope the vaccinated numbers are a bit higher than your figures.

Oops, I was looking at first jab stats. Hopefully , if the people in question have got the first jab, they’ll get the second one too.
    Last edited by greenginger; 27-09-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53511877

according to the latest Scottish data it shows near 80% of 18-29 are vaccinated.

I know that includes both males and females, but I think, or at least hope the vaccinated numbers are a bit higher than your figures.
    You're looking at those with one dose, that's not enough to get into Easter Road from next week. You need to have had both doses. The figures I referred to are from Public Health Scotland so are definitely correct and can also be seen in the second table under the vaccine section of the link you have provided.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Expect to see the yellow vests on the streets again and a queue at the human rights court in Strasbourg.
    It's bound to kick off at some point.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    You're looking at those with one dose, that's not enough to get into Easter Road from next week. You need to have had both doses. The figures I referred to are from Public Health Scotland so are definitely correct and can also be seen in the second table under the vaccine section of the link you have provided.
    Yep, I’ve corrected my post , but added I would hope those who have had the first dose won’t hesitate to get their second when offered.

Yep, I’ve corrected my post , but added I would hope those who have had the first dose won’t hesitate to get their second when offered.
    Ah yes sorry see that now.

Hopefully that is what happens.

So judging by The Rangers statement the following scenario will now happen...

Steward "Can I see your Covid vaccine please?"

Bevvied Ned "I'm exempt mate"

Steward "OK sir in you go.."

Really hope this can get sorted asap for us long distance Hibees.

Waited about a year and a half to get back to Easter Road yesterday and can't wait to get back.

But definitely wouldn't risk paying money for travel and hotel to get turned away at the turnstiles.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

Waited about a year and a half to get back to Easter Road yesterday and can't wait to get back.

But definitely wouldn't risk paying money for travel and hotel to get turned away at the turnstiles.
    Why would you get turned away if you have proof you have been vaccinated

Where are you based?

If you're elsewhere in the UK we were told a few weeks ago that arrangements would be put in place by the time law comes into effect to accept the vaccination status of people coming from other parts of the UK.

No-one has clarified how all these checks will be carried out?

Are there going to be sufficient 'medically literate' staff to carry out the inspections?

How will they deal with those who claim to be exempt?

How will they deal with those who clain to be too young?

What sort of queues will be expected to build up five to ten minutes before kick off?

How many police will be required to deal with 'arkward customers', and who will pay for them?

I suspect that none of the above will apply and there will be a few random checks. This will be mostly focussing on the 25 to 35 year age range, Those looking younger will be waved through as they will not want to ask for proof of age. Equally those older will be assumed to have had two jabs.

Not sure how to quote more than once but I was under the assumption that you had to be double jabbed in Scotland??

I'm double jabbed in England.

Not sure how to quote more than once but I was under the assumption that you had to be double jabbed in Scotland??

I'm double jabbed in England.
    Nicola Sturgeon gave an assurance in parliament a few weeks ago that people who were vaccinated elsewhere in the UK would not be prevented from accessing venues where a vaccine passport is required.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

Are there going to be sufficient 'medically literate' staff to carry out the inspections?

What sort of queues will be expected to build up five to ten minutes before kick off?

How many police will be required to deal with 'arkward customers', and who will pay for them?

I suspect that none of the above will apply and there will be a few random checks. This will be mostly focussing on the 25 to 35 year age range, Those looking younger will be waved through as they will not want to ask for proof of age. Equally those older will be assumed to have had two jabs.
    I think that's exactly how it will "work".

Nicola Sturgeon gave an assurance in parliament a few weeks ago that people who were vaccinated elsewhere in the UK would not be prevented from accessing venues where a vaccine passport is required.
    Never seen that but that's good news. Going to be interesting times ahead as to how this will effect crowds.

Never seen that but that's good news. Going to be interesting times ahead as to how this will effect crowds.
    The crowds are down at the moment compared to previous seasons are they not?

Sure I read somewhere that there was between 1-2k less than usual.

Don't quote me on that though. Attendances is not really something I really pay much attention to.

I don't think it will affect crowd numbers at all to be honest. I'd be interested to put in a request in a few months' time to find out how many unvaccinated people have been refused entry.

I'd be surprised if it's many at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

I fully expect loads of the younger ones not vaccinated pitching up using the 'I'm exempt' badge/lanyards which are now available and stewards will not be able to do anything about it. The way the exemption terms are worded on the NHS website pretty much states that nobody can be refused entry without a Covid Passport.

So a complete waste of time and money really.
    Last edited by Coco Bryce; 28-09-2021 at 09:46 AM.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    I fully expect loads of the younger ones not vaccinated pitching up using the 'I'm exempt' badge/lanyards which are now available and stewards will not be able to do anything about it. The way the exemption terms are worded on the NHS website pretty much states that nobody can be refused

How do you go a put gettin an exemption cert ?

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    They're not for people who choose not to be vaccinated.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    Buy them on the internet

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I fully expect loads of the younger ones not vaccinated pitching up using the 'I'm exempt' badge/lanyards which are now available and stewards will not be able to do anything about it. The way the exemption terms are worded on the NHS website pretty much states that nobody can be refused entry without a Covid Passport.

Are those exemption lanyards not just for masks?

Do you have a link to the detail?

I would have thought you'd need proof of a medical exemption, lanyards are for not wearing masks, different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Are those exemption lanyards not just for masks?

Do you have a link to the detail?
    No. There is now one for the passport exemption.

As I have said further up the thread. According to the NHS website you can't actually be denied access to any premises not having one.

All very strange and rather shambolic if you ask me

The Scottish Government estimates that around 4,500 people in Scotland are unable to get vaccinated for medical reasons.

It's going to be interesting to see what the response is if all of these people happen to turn up at Easter Road from next month!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    No. There is now one for the passport exemption.

As I have said further up the thread. According to the NHS website you can't actually be denied access to any premises not having one.

All very strange and rather shambolic if you ask me
    Got the link for that?