hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 181 to 210 of 210

Thread: 2021 US Open

  1. #181
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    13,059
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know if he has said anything tonight, it was his comments after her Wimbledon exit that will get folk giving him a big GIRFUY just now I'd imagine.
    He should be tied to the net cord and Emma can practise her first serve at him for an hour or so.
    Actually he'd probably enjoy it.
    Come to think of it I probably would as well.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #182
    First Team Breakthrough davy67 +'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tweedbank
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just what I was thinking. I bet Piers Morgan is getting hammered on Twitter. 😀
    40 + years since a British female wins a Grand Slam tournament and people are talking about him , he'll be loving the attention. Folks like him are best ignored , complete narcissistic , attention seeking twat

  4. #183
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    31,424
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raducanu could very easily dominate womenís tennis for a long time. She was so powerful in the big points and that will stand her in good stead.
    There are too many good players of a similar level in the women's game for that to happen IMO. Just look at who Fernandez beat on her way to the final.

    Both women deserve huge credit. I just hope there isn't a meltdown when she loses in round 1 of her next tournent or two. Because she will at some point.

  5. #184
    Testimonial Due Santa Cruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    3,143
    Quote Originally Posted by davy67 + View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    40 + years since a British female wins a Grand Slam tournament and people are talking about him , he'll be loving the attention. Folks like him are best ignored , complete narcissistic , attention seeking twat
    Couldn't agree more.

  6. #185
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    31,424
    One thing that made it even more enjoyable was the flow of the game. No Nadal esque 'routines' or bouncing the ball 20!times like Djokovic or crawling at a snails pace to get the towel after every point.

    They just got stuck in.

  7. #186
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing that made it even more enjoyable was the flow of the game. No Nadal esque 'routines' or bouncing the ball 20!times like Djokovic or crawling at a snails pace to get the towel after every point.

    They just got stuck in.
    Yep, I loved that! Little things like not being bothered about playing the same ball for your second serve pleased me.


  8. #188
    Piers Morgan is now trying to take credit for her winning the tournament. His words after Wimbledon inspired her apparently.

    He's one of those creepy guys that has an unhealthy obsession with successful women. He was one of the ring leaders of the Megan Markhle pile on (largely because it seems he had deluded himself into believing he had a chance with her).

    He's a bit like that Hopkins character in that he really is best ignored and hopefully he'll be marginalised to the same extent she was.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  9. #189
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing that made it even more enjoyable was the flow of the game. No Nadal esque 'routines' or bouncing the ball 20!times like Djokovic or crawling at a snails pace to get the towel after every point.

    They just got stuck in.
    Indeed, it was the most enjoyable match Iíve seen for ages with , as you say, a consistent flow and non stop action.
    Add in Iga Swiatek, another teenager, and the ladies game looks like it has an exciting few years coming up.
    Much more entertaining than watching most menís games !

  10. #190
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Piers Morgan is now trying to take credit for her winning the tournament. His words after Wimbledon inspired her apparently.

    He's one of those creepy guys that has an unhealthy obsession with successful women. He was one of the ring leaders of the Megan Markhle pile on (largely because it seems he had deluded himself into believing he had a chance with her).

    He's a bit like that Hopkins character in that he really is best ignored and hopefully he'll be marginalised to the same extent she was.
    So predictable.

    https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...=1#post6689851

  11. #191
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed, it was the most enjoyable match Iíve seen for ages with , as you say, a consistent flow and non stop action.
    Add in Iga Swiatek, another teenager, and the ladies game looks like it has an exciting few years coming up.
    Much more entertaining than watching most menís games !
    Womens tennis is in great shape, so competitive. Who wants to see the same two or three names compete for the slams? Not me although appreciate menís tennis has had three of its greatest ever players careers line up at same time.

    I really hope Osaka gets herself sorted, clearly struggling and Iím not sure her heart is in the sport just now.

    Already looking forward to the Australian Open!

  12. #192
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,915
    Never knew she was fluent in mandarin. If her manager doesn't get her some absolutely enormous sponsorships this month he needs sacked

    https://mobile.twitter.com/CGTNSport...32312176873472

  13. #193
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Piers Morgan is now trying to take credit for her winning the tournament. His words after Wimbledon inspired her apparently.

    He's one of those creepy guys that has an unhealthy obsession with successful women. He was one of the ring leaders of the Megan Markhle pile on (largely because it seems he had deluded himself into believing he had a chance with her).

    He's a bit like that Hopkins character in that he really is best ignored and hopefully he'll be marginalised to the same extent she was.
    I wouldnít worry, Morganís words dont seem to have resonated. when asked if she was inspired by his comments, she replied; Iím sorry, I donít know who that isí

  14. #194
    Daniil Medvedev wins the opening set v Novak Djokovic - 6-4.

  15. #195
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,194
    Djokovic losing the plot and smashing his racket. Just switched on so no idea what it was about. No exactly a great example to any young folk watching. Hope he loses.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Djokovic losing the plot and smashing his racket. Just switched on so no idea what it was about. No exactly a great example to any young folk watching. Hope he loses.
    Medvedev's just been outplaying him and the frustration's just been building for a while.

    Medvedev breaks second set!

  17. #197
    Medvedev goes two sets up - 6-4!

    One more set required.

  18. #198
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Medvedev's just been outplaying him and the frustration's just been building for a while.

    Medvedev breaks second set!
    2-0 to Medvedev now. I can see another smashed racket before the end.

  19. #199
    Testimonial Due Santa Cruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    3,143
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldnít worry, Morganís words dont seem to have resonated. when asked if she was inspired by his comments, she replied; Iím sorry, I donít know who that isí
    The retweet from Morgan I saw read ".....I don't know who SHE is". Even funnier. No idea if it was a legit tweet but I'm happy to believe it was.

  20. #200
    Medvedev breaks at the start of the third set.

  21. #201
    Medvedev backs up the break after some pressure from Djokovic.

    2-0.

  22. #202
    Time for a Novac "injury"

  23. #203
    Double break Medvedev - 3-0.

    Looks like it's all over.

  24. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for a Novac "injury"
    I don't think that will save him this time.

  25. #205
    Medvedev one game away.

  26. #206
    Djokovic gets one of the breaks back as Medvedev tried to serve it out.

    5-3.

  27. #207
    5-4, Medvedev to serve for it again.

  28. #208
    Medvedev wins 6-4 6-4 6-4 to win his first Grand Slam title and also denies Djokovic a calendar Grand Slam and stops him from winning a record 21st Grand Slam title.

  29. #209
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,026
    Great to see a new slam champion in the mens game, as great as Novak is itís so dull the same guy winning all the time, even with tonights game having so much significance for him.

    The FIFA celebration chat from Medvedev was brilliant!

  30. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Piers Morgan is now trying to take credit for her winning the tournament. His words after Wimbledon inspired her apparently.

    He's one of those creepy guys that has an unhealthy obsession with successful women. He was one of the ring leaders of the Megan Markhle pile on (largely because it seems he had deluded himself into believing he had a chance with her).

    He's a bit like that Hopkins character in that he really is best ignored and hopefully he'll be marginalised to the same extent she was.
    Very well put.. if a little on the polite side given the protagonists 😉

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)