hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportscene

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The biggest faux pas on last night's show was the interview with Ross, they actually had the Ross C v Hearts game stats on the screen instead of the Hibs game stats, was that a mistake or a wee dig at Hibs by someone on the show, poor stuff.
    I saw that, so unprofessional. Anyone can make a mistake but I suspect no one on the programme even noticed the error. FWIW, I thought McFadden looked totally bored and didn't want to be there. Added nothing to the programme.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The biggest faux pas on last night's show was the interview with Ross, they actually had the Ross C v Hearts game stats on the screen instead of the Hibs game stats, was that a mistake or a wee dig at Hibs by someone on the show, poor stuff.
    Amateur hour

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I saw that, so unprofessional. Anyone can make a mistake but I suspect no one on the programme even noticed the error. FWIW, I thought McFadden looked totally bored and didn't want to be there. Added nothing to the programme.
    Just watched some of MoTD before flicking to Sportscene, it's night and day between them in terms of professionalism in the coverage, the level of analysis and general quality. The highlights and analysis of our game felt rushed and at a fairly jhigh level.

Should they wait til later in the day for Sportscene, how have Kerr and McFadden had a decent chance to view the 3 or 4 games between full time and a 7.30? And to give the editors and production team a chance to do it properly and give it some care and attention instead of it feeling rushed and shoddy?

@hibs.net private member
    Thomson - “Hibs play Dundee, obviously, in the League Cup Quarter final … a chance to reach a third consecutive cup semi final”

Foster, sarcastically chuckling “yeh, it’s about time Hibs actually won one of these semi’s and got to a final and won a cup”

Played for Ross C against is in 2016 and we’ll done for that. Obviously forgotten what happened later that year then.

I’ve said this before but I’m always impressed with Ian harkes at Utd good player good engine and can pick out the passes Scott Alan style.scored today in a huge game for them.one to watch.

BBC don't normally annoy me but they managed it on Saturday on their sports app.

Headline "Hibs blow chance to go top"-I agree with this

Next Hearts who did exactly the same -headline "Hearts in entertaining match in the highlands".

Says it all.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    BBC don't normally annoy me but they managed it on Saturday on their sports app.

Next Hearts who did exactly the same -headline "Hearts in entertaining match in the highlands".

Says it all.

I posted much the same, but a fellow Hibs.netter (sorry I forgot who) encouraged me to view this in a more favourable light.

Hibs - 3rd last season - were thwarted in their search for another win at the weekend.

Hearts - the plucky newly promoted side - are probably delighted to have another point in the bag.

Bless those little maroon triers. They are doing pretty well for a yo yo club.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I posted much the same, but a fellow Hibs.netter (sorry I forgot who) encouraged me to view this in a more favourable light.

Hibs - 3rd last season - were thwarted in their search for another win at the weekend.

Hearts - the plucky newly promoted side - are probably delighted to have another point in the bag.

Bless those little maroon triers. They are doing pretty well for a yo yo club.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post

Says it all.
    That could be down to us losing a late equaliser whereas they came back to grab a draw.

Not sportsound related but I particularly enjoyed Brian McLaughlin asking James McPake how he is looking forward to preparing for the game on Wednesday against Hibs in the quarters 😂. Idiot man he had already asked Courts in the interview beforehand 😂

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Not sportsound related but I particularly enjoyed Brian McLaughlin asking James McPake how he is looking forward to preparing for the game on Wednesday against Hibs in the quarters 😂. Idiot man he had already asked Courts in the interview beforehand 😂
    Is this gem available to hear anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Is this gem available to hear anywhere?
    Try bbc sport Scotland mate maybe on that 😂

@hibs.net private member
    I quoted Stephen Thomson earlier in this thread when he closed Sportscene with a question about Hibs quarter final against “Dundee”

Sportscene should be a round up programme, no punditry more of the games, less of the waffle.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Sportscene should be a round up programme, no punditry more of the games, less of the waffle.
    I quite like a bit of punditry but the sheer amount of bollocks being spouted needs to be cut half at least.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I quite like a bit of punditry but the sheer amount of bollocks being spouted needs to be cut half at least.
    Can't be easy I'd probably get binned right away especially if I had to analyse games involving Hearts and The Rangers.

Watched sportscene today how blatantly offside was the Rangers goal. One of the easiest offside decisions ever. I think Steven McLean was announced as Rangers motm

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Watched sportscene today how blatantly offside was the Rangers goal. One of the easiest offside decisions ever. I think Steven McLean was announced as Rangers motm
    You could actually show it as a prime example of an offside position. Pretty simple stuff, I'm sure I saw linesman waving his flag in celebration as he ran back to the half way line.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Wasn't even close to being onside. Shocker of a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Wasn't even close to being onside. Shocker of a decision.
    Yep at no time was he onside. Assistant has the perfect view. Criminal

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    You could actually show it as a prime example of an offside position. Pretty simple stuff, I'm sure I saw linesman waving his flag in celebration as he ran back to the half way line.
    Yep think I saw that as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Yep at no time was he onside. Assistant has the perfect view. Criminal
    As easy an offside decision as you ever get. Sorry that isn't just simply bad officiating imo

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Need to cut the Lino some slack here guys

He had been marching aw day Saturday and couldnae keep up wi play

Blog Entries
    There was another classic in last minute. Rangers player breaks into box & his shot is clearly blocked by his own player. Ref gives a corner, cue Well players in disbelief! Stevie starting to use up his cup final credit!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    There was another classic in last minute. Rangers player breaks into box & his shot is clearly blocked by his own player. Ref gives a corner, cue Well players in disbelief! Stevie starting to use up his cup final credit!
    Yep incredible decision he also gave them 6 mns injury time. Obviously gutted they didn't win.

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin
    granted sportscene is garbage but the paranoia on here about it being digs at Hibs is very Celticish lets stop it now

Obviously lost interest in the trophy when Hearts got knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by huggie1875 View Post
    granted sportscene is garbage but the paranoia on here about it being digs at Hibs is very Celticish lets stop it now

I wouldn't say paranoia but the programme isn't put together minutes before it's aired, to have the post match interview with Ross and have all the stats from the Hearts game on display does rise a few question marks.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Surprised they discussed the penalty we were, wrongly in my view, awarded and the Nisbet incident but didn't talk about the Allan one, which I think is 100% a penalty.

That penalty decision was dreadful - love it. 🤣🤣