hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportscene

Sportscene

Michael Stewart talking us up. Boyler was accused of diving and analysed to the extreme last season. GMS goes down easy and no criticism. We will need to Watch GMS in the derby in case he trips over the long grass at Tinycastle.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 28-08-2021 at 09:04 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Michael Stewart talking us up. Boyler was accused of diving and analysed to the extreme last season. GMS goes down easy and no criticism. We will need to Watch GMS in the derby in case he trips over the long grass at Tinycastle.
    Was a very soft penalty for them and not for the 1st time recently. He goes does very easily all the time and yet Boyle is the one branded a diver.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Was a very soft penalty for them and not for the 1st time recently. He goes does very easily all the time and yet Boyle is the one branded a diver.
    Blame John Hughes,he was first to brand Boyler a " diver"

he has always been a diver, hes forever throwing himself down in the box. i detest the cheat!

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    he has always been a diver, hes forever throwing himself down in the box. i detest the cheat!
    I find it really annoying that Martin cannot keep upright when some big huddle clatters into him. Obviously he’s a diving wee prick, but thankfully he’s ours😀

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    I assume you mean GMS and not squirrel?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    I find it really annoying that Martin cannot keep upright when some big huddle clatters into him. Obviously he’s a diving wee prick, but thankfully he’s ours😀
    Sad post.

Boyle did dive a few times last season. I remember one in particular that was blatant. Other players do it too (which doesn’t make it right). I wouldn’t say GMS is any worse or better than most others, including Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    Boyle did dive a few times last season. I remember one in particular that was blatant. Other players do it too (which doesn’t make it right). I wouldn’t say GMS is any worse or better than most others, including Boyle
    I would say GMS is about the worst in the league at it and we'll witness it in a couple of weeks time.

Boyler downright cheats on occasion and that is just an unavoidable fact.🤔

Its definetly not an integral part of his game though as his natural reaction is to beat his man but he is very clever in his movement and his reaction to any sort of touch.

Thats football and thats his job and good luck to him.✅
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 29-08-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    We're not talking about last season or the season before that.

THIS SEASON, Gary Mackay Steven is diving like a professional top board diver conning 'pro hearts refs' into awarding them very soft penalties. He's not being called out for it on Sportscene as others would.

That's the point Incredible?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Boyler downright cheats on occasion and that is just an unavoidable fact.��

Its definetly not an integral part of his game though as his natural reaction is to best his man but he is very clever in his movement and his reaction to any sort of touch.

Thats football and thats his job and good luck to him.✅
    Odd post.

We were calling out Gary Mackay Steven for his obvious diving in front of 'pro hearts refs'.

Squirrel is 100 times better than Gary Mackay Steven and is constantly fouled and hacked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    Odd post.

We were calling out Gary Mackay Steven for his obvious diving in front of 'pro hearts refs'.

Squirrel is 100 times better than Gary Mackay Steven and is constantly fouled and hacked down.
    There is nothing remotely "odd" about acknowledging that Squirrel can on occasion cheat.

Its not endemic and its not his obvious game as he has to much natural talent but he plays the odds and knows exactly when to press the right button.

That's how modern football operates.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Gms is a diving prancing plumpkin. But it was a clear pen for them today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    There is nothing remotely "odd" about acknowledging that Squirrel can on occasion cheat.

Its not endemic and its not his obvious game as he has to much natural talent but he plays the odds and knows exactly when to press the right button.

That's how modern football operates.
    Is it really?

Not seen Squirrel dive once this season compared to Jambo GMS conning 'pro ref jambos' twice already.

Give it a rest Baldman. Obvious.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The name squirrel was given to him by Cummings to slag off his front teeth. He once said in an interview that he hates it, yet we still have fans calling him that as some sort of cool nickname.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The name squirrel was given to him by Cummings to slag off his front teeth. He once said in an interview that he hates it, yet we still have fans calling him that as some sort of cool nickname.
    His name is not ‘Squirrel’ it is Martin

Mrs Squirrel

I did find it a bit strange there was no over analysis about the Hertz penalty but Sportscene consistently over analyse Hibs penalties, even Murphy's last week which was far more a penalty than GMS's yesterday.

Also, the love in for Craig Gordon is equally nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    I did find it a bit strange there was no over analysis about the Hertz penalty but Sportscene consistently over analyse Hibs penalties, even Murphy's last week which was far more a penalty than GMS's yesterday.

That gave me the boak too - not one of his saves was even remotely world class and most were straight at him. The mulgrew free kick he saw all the way and I'd expect most keeper to make that save, they really do big him up

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    That gave me the boak too - not one of his saves was even remotely world class and most were straight at him. The mulgrew free kick he saw all the way and I'd expect most keeper to make that save, they really do big him up
    Don’t want to rain on your parade but Craig Gordon is an outstanding keeper and probably the best in Scotland right now, close run thing with the dafty at the The Rangers maybe.
    In any case, he’s there to be beaten like any other.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post

Urmm there was multiple shots of the penalty..slowed down, blown up the lot.

Conclusion: No deliberate contact and he appeared to trip himself.

Yeah it stopped short of calling GMS a diver but you can’t say the situation wasn’t analysed to death.

And as for the Craig Gordon love in..I agree it’s nauseating for a Hibs fan but on the flip side you also can’t argue that he’s a quality keeper that pulls off some cracking stops (even if their praise was somewhat overly effusive this time around).

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Urmm there was multiple shots of the penalty..slowed down, blown up the lot.

Conclusion: No deliberate contact and he appeared to trip himself.

Yeah it stopped short of calling GMS a diver but you can’t say the situation wasn’t analysed to death.

And as for the Craig Gordon love in..I agree it’s nauseating for a Hibs fan but on the flip side you also can’t argue that he’s a quality keeper that pulls off some cracking stops (even if their praise was somewhat overly effusive this time around).
    Sorry, it was probably more to do with the fact that they didn't over analyse GMS whereas the seem to be particularly over critical of Boyle.

He often seems to be on our side and is usually fair in his assessment.

On another note the presenters ask the most ridiculous questions, she asked about our first goal ' was it all about strength '. I would love to know how much money she's paid to come out with that guff.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Don’t want to rain on your parade but Craig Gordon is an outstanding keeper and probably the best in Scotland right now, close run thing with the dafty at the The Rangers maybe.
    In any case, he’s there to be beaten like any other.
    Sadly I agree but there was deffo a "talking up" of a few of his routine saves yesterday - tbh none any better than Macey's from Charlie Adam last week.
    I do agree tho...that Jambo p#### is a great keeper unfortunately

How does Jane Lewis still have a job? She is awful, fumbling her words and so robotic

A manager called out Boyle for diving. That gave sportscene the platform to analyse him. If GMS dives against us, we would need JR to say it in his interview, then it'll get covered.
    Personally, I hope JR doesn't need to say anything as they don't get near our box

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    He often seems to be on our side and is usually fair in his assessment.

On another note the presenters ask the most ridiculous questions, she asked about our first goal ' was it all about strength '. I would love to know how much money she's paid to come out with that guff.
    Seems like a reasonable question? Was Nisbet's strength the key factor in him overcoming the defender?

It's just a way to segway into handing the reins over to McFadden to analyse the goal from the perspective of an ex-pro.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Seems like a reasonable question? Was Nisbet's strength the key factor in him overcoming the defender?

It's just a way to segway into handing the reins over to McFadden to analyse the goal from the perspective of an ex-pro.
    It might have been had the goal anything to do with his strength, it's not just her but all the presenters ask the most ridiculous questions and get paid for it.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    It might have been had the goal anything to do with his strength, it's not just her but all the presenters ask the most ridiculous questions and get paid for it.
    Well the first part of the goal was all about strength…no doubt he out muscled the defender to get in front of him and make sure that he got the ball.

The next part was wall balance n skill but anyway it was a peach of a goal regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Well the first part of the goal was all about strength…no doubt he out muscled the defender to get in front of him and make sure that he got the ball.

The next part was wall balance n skill but anyway it was a peach of a goal regardless!
    His pace and skill got him by the defender, very little in the way of strength imo. Agreed though a peach of a goal and hopefully many more to come.