hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportscene

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game is on Rangers TV just now.

Even they mentioned the tackle was very unlike Aribo 🤣
    Supprised they didn't say he picked up the technique from Ryan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Another reason not to pay the license fee.....if anyone still does.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Was Aribo not already booked? Anyway nothing more than expected.

Need an unbiased VAR brought in, no point if the guy watching the monitors is another OF excuser. Should use the VAR set-up already in place for England, another 6 games would not be a burden especially if spread over the weekend. I propose we spilt the 6 games as follows:

1 - Friday night
    2 - Saturday
    2 - Sunday
    1 - Monday night

The weekend games could have a split KO time, meaning all games could be broadcast live and only requiring 1 VAR official.
    I suppose the inconvenience to the fans who actually go and watch the games doesn’t really matter? Here is one guy who wouldn’t be buying a season ticket in that set up.
    Anyway, the ref didn’t need VAR to see that the Aribo tackle was a straight red . It’s just incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I suppose the inconvenience to the fans who actually go and watch the games doesn’t really matter? Here is one guy who wouldn’t be buying a season ticket in that set up.
    Anyway, the ref didn’t need VAR to see that the Aribo tackle was a straight red . It’s just incompetence.

Couldn't agree more VAR would be manipulated in any way it could be by the powers that exist in this league. Even with clear evidence it doesn't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Surely the compliance officer will be picking this up and issuing a retrospective red?

Like he did with the challenge on Doig against Rangers.

The ref supposedly has two assistants and a 4th official, all blind it seems. As Aribo was not booked it can go to compliance officer, but it won't.

Its not much worse than it is now - my job makes it difficult to use my season ticket any day other than a Saturday...next game 4th December!!!

......and I agree on the Aribo tackle.

Just seen the Aribo tackle absolute shocker. If the Hearts players leg was not off the ground a leg breaker. Sportscene is a poor show and who ever edits the footage should be sacked. The show is very poor and do not go out of my way to watch it usually only watch the Hibs part of it. There have been quite a number of major incidents in games they have not shown. Only decent pundits are Michael Stewart Big Marv and Naismith.
    Will Aribo be subject to the vitriolic abuse that Ryan received?
    Last edited by gbhibby; 17-10-2021 at 08:51 PM.

See James McFadden has been relegated to Match of the Day. They are welcome to him.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Just seen the Aribo tackle absolute shocker. If the Hearts players leg was not off the ground a leg breaker. Sportscene is a poor show and who ever edits the footage should be sacked. The show is very poor and do not go out of my way to watch it usually only watch the Hibs part of it. There have been quite a number of major incidents in games they have not shown. Only decent pundits are Michael Stewart Big Marv and Naismith.
    Will Aribo be subject to the vitriolic abuse that Ryan received?
    Have you got a link to the tackle? I can't find it.

Loads of Jambos were getting fired in to Porteous and now it sounds like one of their players has been on the receiving end of Rangers getting away with a similar tackle. Maybe they should have been a bit more objective when it comes to refereeing at Ibrox. Plus, the Rangers scorer, Lundstrum, arguably should have been suspended for the Hearts game due to his tackle on Doig.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Have you got a link to the tackle? I can't find it.

Loads of Jambos were getting fired in to Porteous and now it sounds like one of their players has been on the receiving end of Rangers getting away with a similar tackle. Maybe they should have been a bit more objective when it comes to refereeing at Ibrox. Plus, the Rangers scorer, Lundstrum, arguably should have been suspended for the Hearts game due to his tackle on Doig.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/tsfpodcast1/status/1449699872760811522
    Just Google search Aribos tackle plenty of stills as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/tsfpodcast1/status/1449699872760811522
    Just Google search Aribos tackle plenty of stills as well.
    Thanks.

Definite straight red. Don't know what's worse, the tackle or Sportscene bottling it by not showing it.

....but, but, neither the BBC or referees are biased at all.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Did they mention it on off the ball or sportsound yesterday?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Thanks.

Definite straight red. Don't know what's worse, the tackle or Sportscene bottling it by not showing it.
    What's worse is Robertson who is another god damn awful referee having as clear a view as he needs and completely ignoring it? Funny how his eyesight got better when he noticed the non foul on Portos goal at Ibrox last season

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ....but, but, neither the BBC or referees are biased at all.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    These decisions will even themselves out over the season. Quote Walter Smith when manager of Rangers or Walter as he had to be called.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Yes. Happened in the four nations rugby, several years back, when England tried to go their own way with sponsorship and TV deal. The other three nations told them to enjoy playing with themselves and invited Italy to make up the four. England had to make an embarrassing U turn and begged to be allowed to come back in. Hence the Four Nations became Five Nations annual event.
    I think you are misremembering this and anyway you left out France. Perhaps you are thinking of the European Cup (rugby) about 20 years ago?
    *edit. Unless you are thinking of that row in the mid-1990s? But I don’t think that had anything to do with Italy being invited to make up the 6 nations.
    Last edited by Crazyhorse; 18-10-2021 at 09:54 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    I think you are misremembering this and anyway you left out France. Perhaps you are thinking of the European Cup (rugby) about 20 years ago?
    *edit. Unless you are thinking of that row in the mid-1990s? But I don’t think that had anything to do with Italy being invited to make up the 6 nations.
    Pretty sure I’m not misremembering. Italy were invited to put pressure on England. They made a huge u-turn as a result. The specific issue was England thought they had a deal to sell tv rights to all of their games. The remaining countries had to take a stance and remind them very strongly that they had crossed the line, effectively selling rights to home matches of the other nations. All very “big I am” from the ERU

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Yes. Happened in the four nations rugby, several years back, when England tried to go their own way with sponsorship and TV deal. The other three nations told them to enjoy playing with themselves and invited Italy to make up the four. England had to make an embarrassing U turn and begged to be allowed to come back in. Hence the Four Nations became Five Nations annual event.
    Did you get your numbers confused?

It had been 5 Nations for as long as I've been following rugby . Italy made it 6.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 18-10-2021 at 06:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Pretty sure I’m not misremembering. Italy were invited to put pressure on England. They made a huge u-turn as a result. The specific issue was England thought they had a deal to sell tv rights to all of their games. The remaining countries had to take a stance and remind them very strongly that they had crossed the line, effectively selling rights to home matches of the other nations. All very “big I am” from the ERU
    I don’t remember England ever missing a year of the 4/5/6 nations. They did sell their rights to Sky for a year or 2 but still played the games.

Champions Cup they definitely didn’t play in for a couple of years though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Did you get your numbers confused?

It had been 5 Nations for as long as I've been following rugby . Italy made it 6.
    Yeh yeh. Mixing my fives nations rugby with my home international football. Completely misses out France. Ah well😖
    But a bit of a thrill to be picked up by the top numbers man. Cheered me up no end

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I don’t remember England ever missing a year of the 4/5/6 nations. They did sell their rights to Sky for a year or 2 but still played the games.

Champions Cup they definitely didn’t play in for a couple of years though.
    Correct. They backed down and missed none of the series. It did lead to Italy being included thereafter though

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    These decisions will even themselves out over the season. Quote Walter Smith when manager of Rangers or Walter as he had to be called.
    And he was correct.

Back then if an official gave a wrong decision in Huns RIP's favour, that would be balanced out by not giving a right decision to their opponent.

As further evidence of balance, since 2012 officials have no longer given any decisions in Huns RIP's favour and are now giving them all to Sevco.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/eng...ions-1.1256720

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/england-out-of-the-five-nations-1328755.html
    Last edited by CentreLine; 18-10-2021 at 08:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Just listened to the Sportsound podcast from last night. Does that guy Kenny Macintyre like the sound of his own voice, or what? Aberdeen chairman, not to mention the other pundits, couldn’t get a word in edgeways.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Just listened to the Sportsound podcast from last night. Does that guy Kenny Macintyre like the sound of his own voice, or what? Aberdeen chairman, not to mention the other pundits, couldn’t get a word in edgeways.
    He’s murder. Can’t ask a question without following it up immediately with another two minimum, and always sounds like he’s furious at having to ask anything at all.
    Last edited by matty_f; 19-10-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Was Foster on it? I heard him on the radio yesterday and he was really annoying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Was Foster on it? I heard him on the radio yesterday and he was really annoying.
    Twat ..... he outhuns Kris Boyd.

Off the ball have been taking about the aribo challenge as part of the west coast bias segment. Their producer told them that it WAS brought up for discussion on sportscene but the pundits didn't believe it was worthy of discussion. If that was the case, they should have left it in

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Good to see a move away from the Old Firm mafia with Michael Stewart back with Chris making the unmissable missable Iwelumo

Some finish by CumDog

Hibs game starting now

Hibs zero shots on target
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 23-10-2021 at 11:27 PM.