hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was delighted when we signed Welsh, had looked impressive coming through at Utd, and we spent a fair amount of cash on him, IIRC. Pretty sure he also claimed that we mismanaged an injury that affected him very badly.
    I remember being very disappointed with Welsh, because I also thought he looked like an excellent player at United.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I remember being very disappointed with Welsh, because I also thought he looked like an excellent player at United.
    Was mostly injured for us and not very good. Looked better when Mcleish came in but we were going down by that point, left Eck's appointment too late.

Welsh later sued the club doctor for injections given to him during his spell with us. Think it was settled out of court. He founded and co-owns a football club in Virginia now.
    Last edited by Baader; 25-08-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    But he came to us with a bad injury. Actually Jacie Mac asked me who I would like to see coming in. I said Brian Welsh. Jackie said we can get him and soon after we had him signed. Good player but was carrying an injury from his Utd days, meaning he played like one game then missed five or thats how it feels now. Scored a last ditch goal at East End park after many Hibs fans had gone to their buses it was so late. That game Hibs took the largest away suppirt to Dunfermline that season, it was a record which lasted one week when Celtic took a hundred or so more.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    But he came to us with a bad injury. Actually Jacie Mac asked me who I would like to see coming in. I said Brian Welsh. Jackie said we can get him and soon after we had him signed. Good player but was carrying an injury from his Utd days, meaning he played like one game then missed five or thats how it feels now. Scored a last ditch goal at East End park after many Hibs fans had gone to their buses it was so late. That game Hibs took the largest away suppirt to Dunfermline that season, it was a record which lasted one week when Celtic took a hundred or so more.
    I remember that game, was a huge support. Was still there when we scored, goal was up at the far end and the ball appeared to have been cleared off the line, took a few seconds to realise that it had been given.

Kept us alive for another little while.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I remember that game, was a huge support. Was still there when we scored, goal was up at the far end and the ball appeared to have been cleared off the line, took a few seconds to realise that it had been given.

Kept us alive for another little while.
    I remember that day well. Massive support. Big Welsh was a very good player, sadly blighted by previously mentioned injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Remember that game well. Bright sunny day and a fairly poor Hibs team.

I’m sure that’s when Dougie Cromb was running the £1 buses from ER to all the away games in an effort to keep us up.

GGTTH

Welshy was a good player, used to play fitba with him up Clerie in his younger days, he hated it when I could do mair keepie uppies than him.
    He was a really polite guy tae.

First Team Breakthrough
    How did Allan do today?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutu View Post
    How did Allan do today?
    Set up the second with a brilliant back heel. Thought he did well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutu View Post
    How did Allan do today?
    Hardly touched the ball for half an hour. Last 15 I thought he showed some really nice touches. Good assist.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Hardly touched the ball for half an hour. Last 15 I thought he showed some really nice touches,
    There’s definitely a difference to his game and it’ll maybe take fans and him a bit time to adjust to the difference.

I doubted him earlier in this thread and after 30 minutes on the park I was all set for an I told you so post on here (I wouldn’t really), but then as you say the last 15 minutes he had a number of decent contributions.

I don’t think he’ll be bursting past players the way he used to but in the right times in the right games he’ll still be able to contribute.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Hardly touched the ball for half an hour. Last 15 I thought he showed some really nice touches. Good assist.
    I see him as being a perfect impact sub for the last 30 mins of a game.

Nice to see him grab an assist.

Delightful wee ball to Boyle. Great sub to have.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Took a while to get into it but did OK overall. Great flick for the 2nd goal

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He was the only player on the pitch that would have tried that back heel. He took a while to get going, but when he did he showed he’s still got it. If he could get a run of games I think he’ll show he’s still one of the best players at the club.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Took a while to get into it but did OK overall. Great flock for the 2nd goal
    We were playing Livingston today not Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There’s definitely a difference to his game and it’ll maybe take fans and him a bit time to adjust to the difference.

I doubted him earlier in this thread and after 30 minutes on the park I was all set for an I told you so post on here (I wouldn’t really), but then as you say the last 15 minutes he had a number of decent contributions.

I don’t think he’ll be bursting past players the way he used to but in the right times in the right games he’ll still be able to contribute.
    I think part of that might be that he just doesn’t have the sharpness through not playing. But I do agree to an extent.

He set Doyle-Hayes up for a couple of shots with what looked like really simple passes but he just weighted them perfectly and showed a bit of composure when we were lacking that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He was the only player on the pitch that would have tried that back heel. He took a while to get going, but when he did he showed he’s still got it. If he could get a run of games I think he’ll show he’s still one of the best players at the club.
    Thought he did well the last 15 but looked very slow and never really got involved for the first 30 mins or so. I think Nisbet, Boyle and Murphy have that type of skill and Magennis shows brilliant touches multiple times again. It was a good assist but there was a similar situation a little while earlier and I thought Allan actually done the defending for Livi getting in Boyles way. Good that he made a contribution and he might get more opportunity with Murphy out as you couldn't play both given how poor they are without the ball. Jack Ross moved the formation and personnel well to allow Scottie that free roll.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'll be surprised if he's still here next week.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Thought he did well the last 15 but looked very slow and never really got involved for the first 30 mins or so. I think Nisbet, Boyle and Murphy have that type of skill and Magennis shows brilliant touches multiple times again. It was a good assist but there was a similar situation a little while earlier and I thought Allan actually done the defending for Livi getting in Boyles way. Good that he made a contribution and he might get more opportunity with Murphy out as you couldn't play both given how poor they are without the ball. Jack Ross moved the formation and personnel well to allow Scottie that free roll.
    Bacon or sausage?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I will be surprised if he isn’t.

United we stand here....

Brought on as player 12 by the manager so not nearly as far in the desert as David Gray was last season.
    Teeing him up to leave or is he still in the picture. Will be an interesting few days.
    Must say I am not his greatest fan as a player but I was delighted that he came on rather than Gogic.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    We were playing Livingston today not Aberdeen
    Can't baaalieve nobody's got that yew?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Can't baaalieve nobody's got that yew?
    That’s a baaaaad joke.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    still a huge asset to us. Pure class when he’s on form.

if he leaves, now or next year, I’ll wish him the very best but I’ll be gutted.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post

That's what you get with Scott Allan. 9/10 a lot of his fancy tricks don't come off but when they do, it inevitably ends up with a goal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    That's what you get with Scott Allan. 9/10 a lot of his fancy tricks don't come off but when they do, it inevitably ends up with a goal.
    Not always for us though

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Not always for us though
    Fair point. His mis placed passes could end with an opposition goal. I guess when you play on the edge it can work both ways.

Testimonial Due
    Lack of match sharpness showed but eventually got into the game and showed some nice touches and the back heel for the goal was sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    he will deffo be here next week. Sublime backheeler for our second goal, Scott’s still got it and deserves a run of games.