hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack Ross’ favourites 😂😂😂
    You don’t think he has favourites ? I certainly do.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Ross hasn’t got 100% off the fans prob lucky if 75% imho

For him to allow Allan leave in the window gone by is a red flag

I am no big Ross fan at all but he has improved the team since hecky

Football ain’t great consistent enough for me personally

But Scott Allan being allowed to leave is poor judgment.

There are plenty others at Easter road way before Scott Allan should have been even considered letting go to st Mirren.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    You don’t think he has favourites ? I certainly do.
    Favourites ? between our coaching staff and the first team squad. We are basically a St Mirren throwback, so on today;s game. Who favours who ?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    It’s worth remembering that Ross wasn’t just willing to let Allan go for nothing.

We were going to be getting another very creative and highly rated player in exchange.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    It’s worth remembering that Ross wasn’t just willing to let Allan go for nothing.

We were going to be getting another very creative and highly rated player in exchange.
    And only on loan too

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    And only on loan too

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Which would have effectively ended his Hibs career.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post
    His interview says a lot in my opinion

Has he had as many chances as drey Wright / hallberg / slivka /

I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to leave but in ten years time every fan will be saying what a player Allan was.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    His interview says a lot in my opinion

Has he had as many chances as drey Wright / hallberg / slivka /

I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to leave but in ten years time every fan will be saying what a player Allan was.
    Only in over stimulated imaginations.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

An inferior player who hasn’t and never will be as good as Scott Allan. It was a badly thought out transfer that we’ve lucked out on that it didn’t happen. Tell me anyone that watched that game today that thought that McGrath was a better option than Allan and I’ll show you a blind man.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Scott Allan is such an enigma. 45-60 mins today he was the best player on the pitch and turned the game round from 0-1 to 2-1. However he obviously doesn't do this on a regular basis because otherwise he wouldn't be at Hibs. If he could perform like that and the back heel for our 2nd goal v Livi then he would be playing at a far higher level at we are at.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    An inferior player who hasn’t and never will be as good as Scott Allan. It was a badly thought out transfer that we’ve lucked out on that it didn’t happen. Tell me anyone that watched that game today that thought that McGrath was a better option than Allan and I’ll show you a blind man.
    I can’t say I concentrated too much on McGrath today so I don’t know if he was good, bad or indifferent, although I thought St Mirren were excellent to be fair to them.

In terms of the comparison of the two players though, McGrath has recently been playing international football for Ireland. I don’t think Allan would have been called up to that Ireland side.

I can’t say I concentrated too much on McGrath today so I don’t know if he was good, bad or indifferent, although I thought St Mirren were excellent to be fair to them.

In terms of the comparison of the two players though, McGrath has recently been playing international football for Ireland. I don’t think Allan would have been called up to that Ireland side.
    I thought McGrath showed a few nice touches, but on limited viewing of him he’d be competing with Magennis for a game if we’d signed him IMO.

Someone posted earlier on this thread that one swallow doesn’t make a summer and I agree with that. Scott Allan needs to produce that type of performance on a regular basis, if he’s given the opportunity. If he does I’d rather have him than McGrath.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I thought McGrath showed a few nice touches, but on limited viewing of him he’d be competing with Magennis for a game if we’d signed him IMO.

Someone posted earlier on this thread that one swallow doesn’t make a summer and I agree with that. Scott Allan needs to produce that type of performance on a regular basis, if he’s given the opportunity. If he does I’d rather have him than McGrath.
    I love Scott Allan and have huge admiration for what he’s done and is still doing despite his health conditions.

Despite that though, I think McGraths career is on the up where as we are a bit unsure if what’s happening with Allans or if he’ll ever replicate his best form.

If I was offered a straight swap right now I would go with McGrath to be honest.

Sorry Scott.

Still the best actual footballer in our squad imo, his brain and knowledge of the position and game in general is second to none, long may we enjoy him before we get rid far too soon, he loves it here as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Think thats the issue though mate. I dont think Scotty will ever be fully fit again and be able to deliver a full 90 minutes at the top level.
    He will, or he would have retired. He is fit and just needs to play.

He will never lose his quality but he’s definitely lost a bit of pace. He would walk into the starting XI of any other team outside the Old Firm, I would keep him happily. I will be surprised if he’s here next season though.

@hibs.net private member
    I think playing with one striker as we are at the moment it should open the door for a player like scott, I’m a big fan of his but I’m also aware that he’s a player that doesn’t suit certain formations or set ups, much the same as Stevie Mallan.

Yesterday’s game for example did we really need both JDH and Newell playing so deep? Could one have sat out and someone like magennis played deeper to give us more drive in the middle and Allan could sit behind the striker? It would probably stop nizzy dropping so deep to get involved as well.

A lot of pressure on Boyle to produce just now as well relieves that having another creative player in the team

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    He will never lose his quality but he’s definitely lost a bit of pace. He would walk into the starting XI of any other team outside the Old Firm, I would keep him happily. I will be surprised if he’s here next season though.
    Unless he has a consistent run with his wages he will be gone although he ain't getting what he is on now anywhere else. Worth starting him for the next two games to see how long he can last. We need his guile against St Johnstone as we know they will come and play 4-5-1.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Yesterday showed the brilliance and liability of Scotty. He is still IMO one of the most talented and clever players in Scotland. That ball to McGinn, World class.! He is unbelievable with the ball at his feet.

However the biggest flaw is his fitness/pace. For whatever reason he cannot sprint. The moment when the buddies defender carried the ball about 60 yards at a stroll Scotty tried to tackle him/foul him on the half way line and missed out on both. Yes I'm sure someone will try and justify it or claim another reason why it happened but that was the bit that sticks out for me. He is immensely talented but a liability defending.

How do Hibs and Jack Ross go about justifying that?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post

Saying all the right things.

Regardless of whether folk think he is the player he was, we can probably agree that a fit and hungry Scott Allan is a terrific asset for us.

Jack says he’s got faith in him… let’s hope we see more of the same this season.

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    Yesterday showed the brilliance and liability of Scotty. He is still IMO one of the most talented and clever players in Scotland. That ball to McGinn, World class.! He is unbelievable with the ball at his feet.

However the biggest flaw is his fitness/pace. For whatever reason he cannot sprint. The moment when the buddies defender carried the ball about 60 yards at a stroll Scotty tried to tackle him/foul him on the half way line and missed out on both. Yes I'm sure someone will try and justify it or claim another reason why it happened but that was the bit that sticks out for me. He is immensely talented but a liability defending.

It all depends on what matters to you as a manager and if you want to focus on the positives he brings or the negatives. With Scott Allan I know what I’d be focusing on, but it seems it’s his negatives that many want to look for. Joe Newell for example gets lots of plaudits on here, but I could point out he doesn’t create enough chances and his finishing in the main is woeful. JDH has had a great start to his Hibs career, but does he look like he will score goals or create many chances ? Take Murphy as another example, he plays wide but is basically allowed to cheat and offer little if any help to his full back. I could go on…..

Testimonial Due
    Allan not best pleased by last minute transfer attempt. Ready for 90 minutes.

IT is fair to say that Ryan Porteous was not best pleased with Martin Boyle when his Hibernian team mate strayed offside just as he got his head on the end of a Kyle Magennis corner in the cinch… http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19590960.scott-allan-opens-talks-hibernian-boss-jack-ross-easter-road-future/?ref=appshr

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post

Very good summary

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Allan not best pleased by last minute transfer attempt. Ready for 90 minutes.

IT is fair to say that Ryan Porteous was not best pleased with Martin Boyle when his Hibernian team mate strayed offside just as he got his head on the end of a Kyle Magennis corner in the cinch… http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...re/?ref=appshr

I wonder if the McGrath deal didn't go through because Allan said no to a loan move, especially if it was just sprung on him last minute.

Really pleased that Scott came on and impacted the game. Showed that he still has it. I'd start him against St Johnstone. They are going to be their usual industrial selves so having that creativity could be vital.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I wonder if the McGrath deal didn't go through because Allan said no to a loan move, especially if it was just sprung on him last minute.
    I doubt it, we have it on good authority from a text message that Mathie cocked the whole thing up.

@hibs.net private member
    Allan and Wright were permanently moving had that deal gone through.

Both Allan and Wright had agreed to it whatever the deal was.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Not convinced he would be a starter in any team in this league or maybe even the one below.

He has spent the vast majority of his career not playing 90 minutes, lots of that for other reasons than ability. Hibs seems to have been the only club it really worked for him and even then he has nowhere near as many minutes as a normal starter would, again not all his fault.

He is only half a player and most teams below us play energetic and combative football. Scott is above average when he gets the ball but nowhere near a top team player without it. He may be a luxury we can carry in our squad, the last two games prove how important he could be in that role, but I doubt he starts most weeks for any team in the top league.