hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Scott Allan

Appreciate Jack Ross never answers questions or commits, but is there are chance he could tell us what's going on here,?
    Yet again, today was his type of game and not a sniff. And that's in a side without Newall and Nisbet.
    A huge waste of his talents. If there is more to it then the club should say, as it makes no sense at all at the moment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough

Scott Allan

Surely we should have had him on in the second half , can’t understand Jack Ross at times

I just don't think he rates Allan or believes he is good enough.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He’s played barely any football in two to three years and I think we need to accept that the Scott Allan that we remember may not be the Scott Allan that Jack Ross is working with.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He definitely thought he was good enough before covid hit. He was a first pick. Since his health issues etc we’ve no idea what he’s been like and our main midfield three have been tremendous this season. That being said I would’ve had him on for Gogic at HT today.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    That's not what he says.

He has hardly played in a few seasons now. For me he is not the player that we had in the past any more and for me would not have changed anything about today.

For you would have to play him where Magennis has been playing so we would then need to play him out of position like last season. I can't see how we fit Allan in

Left by mutual consent!
    JR has to live or die by his decision making. Today he used Gogic against a side who’ll most likely finish bottom three.

I think most of us who know what SA brings to a game, think he would have been a better choice of player for today’s match.

Gogic will serve us well against the better sides I’d hope. Although going by today’s and his most recent performances, some might be beginning to have grave doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He’s played barely any football in two to three years and I think we need to accept that the Scott Allan that we remember may not be the Scott Allan that Jack Ross is working with.
    He is still a better option than drey wright man!

He got the games for inverness last year and by all accounts did well. Strolled it against stoke etc in pre season. A fit scott allan walks into this team, but clearly Ross is going for a different thing and, as a fan I find that so disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    JR has to live or die by his decision making. Today he used Gogic against a side who’ll most likely finish bottom three.

I think most of us who know what SA brings to a game, think he would have been a better choice of player for today’s match.

Gogic will serve us well against the better sides I’d hope. Although going by today’s and his most recent performances, some might be beginning to have grave doubts.
    We got over run at times in midfield today, especially the first 25 mins, Allan wouldn't have stopped that happening

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    He is still a better option than drey wright man!

He got the games for inverness last year and by all accounts did well. Strolled it against stoke etc in pre season. A fit scott allan walks into this team, but clearly Ross is going for a different thing and, as a fan I find that so disappointing.
    Drey Wright was decent when he came on.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Allan came on last week against Killie and looked unfit to me and certainly nowhere near the level we have come to expect of Scott Allan - anyone crying out for him to play today couldn't have seen him last 30 mins last week.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Fully expect him to leave. Despite posters on here saying otherwise it’s clear Ross doesn’t rate him now. Not to get on today while Wright and Gullan do tells me all I need to know.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes. Had a few decent touches ..

I thought so too

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If he can’t get a game today then he’s clearly not in the managers plans. We’ll never know if he’s as good as he was if he doesn’t get a chance.

United we stand here....

He's not looked fit to be when he's Cameron, looks overweight aswell.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Allan has been poor every time I’ve seen him this season, last season too actually.

If I was jack Ross I wouldn’t play him either.

Absolutely love Scott Allan and nothing but admiration for how he’s come back from his health problems, I hope he can get back to his best, I don’t think he’s there yet though.

The fact Scotty didn't get a chance today tells us his days are well and truly over at ER. Such a shame really.

First Team Breakthrough
    It’s clear Ross doesn’t rate Allan But gives Gogic chance after chance, baffling

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Fully expect him to leave. Despite posters on here saying otherwise it’s clear Ross doesn’t rate him now. Not to get on today while Wright and Gullan do tells me all I need to know.
    On the evidence of his performance when he came on last week Scott is nowhere near where he needs to be at the moment. Just getting brushed off the ball with ease.

Jack Ross has done everything to have him as involved as possible since he arrived. Can’t understand why anyone would say otherwise.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibIBZ View Post
    We got over run at times in midfield today, especially the first 25 mins, Allan wouldn't have stopped that happening
    We’ll never know but surely you have to concede he’d be a better choice when in possession? Gogic consistently gave the ball away today.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Allan has been poor every time I’ve seen him this season, last season too actually.

If I was jack Ross I wouldn’t play him either.

Absolutely love Scott Allan and nothing but admiration for how he’s come back from his health problems, I hope he can get back to his best, I don’t think he’s there yet though.
    He’s only had 10 minutes here and there and last season he had a heart problem that was causing him to struggle, I’m not sure you can judge him on that. He played the ball through for Mackay in the European game that should’ve won us the game.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Liam6270 View Post
    It’s clear Ross doesn’t rate Allan But gives Gogic chance after chance, baffling
    Totally different kind of players?

Nothing baffling in the slightest about it.

People seem to be wanting or expecting the Scott Allan from a few years ago, there’s been nothing to suggest he’s at that level just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    On the evidence of his performance when he came on last week Scott is nowhere near where he needs to be at the moment. Just getting brushed off the ball with ease.

Jack Ross has done everything to have him as involved as possible since he arrived. Can’t understand why anyone would say otherwise.
    Just posted similar mate the keyboard managers on here crying out for him to start clearly weren't in the 5k at ER last weekend as he got 30 mins and looked so poor and not ready to me. I love Scotty as much as anyone but he's not at the levels required yet clearly

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He’s only had 10 minutes here and there and last season he had a heart problem that was causing him to struggle, I’m not sure you can judge him on that. He played the ball through for Mackay in the European game that should’ve won us the game.
    That’s all we’ve seen of him, Jack Ross sees him every day.

If he was the player everyone seems to want him to be, he would be playing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Just posted similar mate the keyboard managers on here crying out for him to start clearly weren't in the 5k at ER last weekend as he got 30 mins and looked so poor and not ready to me. I love Scotty as much as anyone but he's not at the levels required yet clearly
    He didn’t get 30 minutes last week.

United we stand here....

He was poor last week but from people who were at the Arsenal game he was excellent ? He’s not going to get to where he needs to be if he’s not getting a chance. 10 minutes every 3d or 4th game isn’t going to help.

To bring Wright on again who has basically offered heehaw in his time with us says it all about Ross’ thoughts now on Scott Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He didn’t get 30 minutes last week.
    No need to be pedantic he came on in 67th minute so got thr best part of half an hour

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    That’s all we’ve seen of him, Jack Ross sees him every day.

If he was the player everyone seems to want him to be, he would be playing more.
    Presumably he also sees Paul McGinn and Gogic every day too.