hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

I have posted loads about Scott Allan and how important he could be for us. I think I give up now. If Ross cant give him time in a match like that with a bench like that then he clearly REALLY doesnt fancy him.

Personally I think he will end up at united or something and I'm certain he will tear it up, if trusted and started every week.
    Such a waste Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My mates cousin heard this from someone who works beside someone who is mates with a reliable source.
    I heard this too from a guy on a forum who has a mate who has a cousin who works beside someone who is mates with a reliable source. Small world.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    I think Ross had a decision to make whether to stick or twist with around 25/20 to go. He could have made substitutions at a similar time to Neilson but I actually felt we came into the second half more after hearts had made their substitutions. That showed to me the best eleven were on the park already for the job at hand and while I was surprised Cadden lasted as long as he did the only safe option with 5 to go was probably Wright.

For what it’s worth Allan would have contributed more than Scott did in that role in the first half but I would have rather had the team that started the second half with Magennis in that role as our initial line up.

Scott Allan in the 4-0 game against Rangers is probably the best individual performance I’ve seen at Eater Road. He’s not that player anymore unfortunately.

The fact we just tried to get rid of him last week, then played Scott in his position today says a lot. Will be away in January. Thought he’d have been a better bet than Scott in that position, actually knows how to play it.

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I have posted loads about Scott Allan and how important he could be for us. I think I give up now. If Ross cant give him time in a match like that with a bench like that then he clearly REALLY doesnt fancy him.

Personally I think he will end up at united or something and I'm certain he will tear it up, if trusted and started every week.
    Such a waste Hibs.
    To be fair he didn’t tear it up at Dundee.

I love Scott Allan and on his day he’s one of the best players I’ve seen at Hibs in the last 15 years but he’s not the same player we had first time round.

He has the ability to change a game with one pass but he’s a luxury player and Ross wants battlers

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post

Such a waste Hibs.
    Is Scott Allan becoming more important to some fans than the team? Or is it just something to get stuck into Jack Ross about?

This nonsense about him “not fancying him” makes absolutely no sense based on so many things but I get the feeling it’s trying to create the “Jack Ross doesn’t like flair players” narrative to those who will simply never take to him.

The midfielders who have played the bulk of the games this season have thoroughly deserved their spots. Scott Allan started our 1st proper game of the season and was unlucky to have to go off - it could have been different but that’s football.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The fact we just tried to get rid of him last week, then played Scott in his position today says a lot. Will be away in January. Thought he’d have been a better bet than Scott in that position, actually knows how to play it.
    The Livi game showed that there are only certain games Allan can play in now. He basically didn’t touch the ball for 40 minutes against Livi and the game would’ve totally passed him by today. He could’ve come on for the last 20 minutes or so but Magennis was doing well second half

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Is Scott Allan becoming more important to some fans than the team? Or is it just something to get stuck into Jack Ross about?

This nonsense about him “not fancying him” makes absolutely no sense based on so many things but I get the feeling it’s trying to create the “Jack Ross doesn’t like flair players” narrative to those who will simply never take to him.

The midfielders who have played the bulk of the games this season have thoroughly deserved their spots. Scott Allan started our 1st proper game of the season and was unlucky to have to go off - it could have been different but that’s football.
    C’mon Ross clearly no longer rates Allan, it’s not even open for debate.

Allan will know now his time his up

For some reason he’s not been given a fair crack to get back in after his health issues. Bringing wright on today and then Allan looked liked he misssed getting on for 1 minute I would find insulting if I was getting sold only 13 days ago

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Allan will know now his time his up

For some reason he’s not been given a fair crack to get back in after his health issues. Bringing wright on today and then Allan looked liked he misssed getting on for 1 minute I would find insulting if I was getting sold only 13 days ago
    I’m sure he’s been given as much as a fair crack as the rest of the midfielders have been.

We don’t see training every day, the coaching staff too. I’m sure they have good reason for not giving him as much game time as a lot of fans want.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I don’t know why people don’t trust Ross on this one.

I’ve criticised Ross in spells but his judgement of a player is for the most part excellent. He’s not got many wrong so far.

Ross sees him in training every day, has given him game time this season and has clearly decided there’s better options in the squad.

It’s a shame for Allan and I have huge amount of respect for him however I think it’s clear his time is nearly up at Hibs. I am pretty sure though he won’t leave Hibs and go to another club bigger or better than us.

Hopefully he can find somewhere he will get regular game time though.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I’ve criticised Ross in spells but his judgement of a player is for the most part excellent. He’s not got many wrong so far.

Ross sees him in training every day, has given him game time this season and has clearly decided there’s better options in the squad.

It’s a shame for Allan and I have huge amount of respect for him however I think it’s clear his time is nearly up at Hibs. I am pretty sure though he won’t leave Hibs and go to another club bigger or better than us.

Nothing to do with trusting Ross I was just responding to a post that was disputing the fact that he no longer rates him. He barely plays him and tried to get rid of him in the last window. I don’t think you can get a clearer indication of Ross’ view of him.

He currently believes we have 3/4 midfielders who are better options and I’m flabbergasted anyone would disagree.

Initially he played SA every week and was happy to name him in his starting 11 in the first game of the season.

Why is this so important to people? There is zero evidence at the moment that he’ll provide more than the ones in possession. It’s mad.

It could all change like it did for Magennis but for me when he’s had a chance he’s not done enough.

Just find it weird we’re sitting 2nd and people see this as such a huge issue and are really upset about it. I hope we see more of him but like every player it’s in his hands - these suggestions that JR has an agenda against him are just rubbish.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Spot on. Don't agree with it myself but looks like Allan is done at Hibs.

Allan is 100% a better option behind the forwards than Scott has shown to be so far. Ross making a mistake here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    He currently believes we have 3/4 midfielders who are better options and I’m flabbergasted anyone would disagree.

Initially he played SA every week and was happy to name him in his starting 11 in the first game of the season.

Why is this so important to people? There is zero evidence at the moment that he’ll provide more than the ones in possession. It’s mad.

It could all change like it did for Magennis but for me when he’s had a chance he’s not done enough.

Just find it weird we’re sitting 2nd and people see this as such a huge issue and are really upset about it. I hope we see more of him but like every player it’s in his hands - these suggestions that JR has an agenda against him are just rubbish.
    Where did I say he has an agenda against him ? In fact where has anyone said that ?

Am I disappointed one of the best midfielders I’ve seen in a Hibs jersey is no longer part of the managers plans ? Absolutely.

You keep repeating he started in the first game of the season. Aye against a bunch of diddies and he was hooked once Newell was sent off. If Ross rated him why didn’t he start in the next game ? It’s not as if he was on long enough in the that game to form much of an opinion on his performance.

Ross clearly no longer rates him and isn’t even giving him the game time to turn things round. Trying to put him on a season long loan in the final year of his contract is as clear an indication as you will get on Ross’ thoughts on Scott Allan’s future at Hibs.

I don’t know if Ross is making the right decision, but that’s what he gets paid for.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Allan is 100% a better option behind the forwards than Scott has shown to be so far. Ross making a mistake here.
    I completely agree, Scott has done nothing so far to merit being played ahead of Allan. The fact that he’s a new signing is the only reason he’s getting game time as it’s certainly not down to form. That’s fair enough as we want to get him up to speed, but Allan doesn’t seem to be getting that same chance.

United we stand here....

I thought Allan looked decent pre season but hasn't shown since apart from the odd few mins here and there. We dont see Allan in training but there will be a reason he's not starting, maybe it's best if he does move on for his own sake to get playing again. It'll be a sore one when that day comes but Hibs are the most important thing. Look at Gray last season, he's now part of our coaching staff but we all wondered why he wasn't getting a chance to play, Ross was proven correct.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Allan’s time at hibs should be getting extended

If you take nostalgia away, there's very little evidence to back that statement up. If he's still as good as people say then he'd be getting game time but he's understandably barely played for two years and that is going to affect any players ability.

I absolutely loved his time at Hibs, he's given us some fantastic memories and outstanding performances that will be spoken about in twenty or thirty years time but IMO his time at the club is up. He'll leave a legend with a massive amount of goodwill towards him though.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I thought Allan looked decent pre season but hasn't shown since apart from the odd few mins here and there. We dont see Allan in training but there will be a reason he's not starting, maybe it's best if he does move on for his own sake to get playing again. It'll be a sore one when that day comes but Hibs are the most important thing. Look at Gray last season, he's now part of our coaching staff but we all wondered why he wasn't getting a chance to play, Ross was proven correct.
    Not sure how you come to the conclusion that Ross was proved to be correct because DG retired and accepted a role as part of the coaching staff ?

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that Ross was proved to be correct because DG retired and accepted a role as part of the coaching staff ?
    There were many on here asking why Gray wasn't being picked last season, I was one of them, the fact he only played something like 4 games and retired to go into coaching, shows we know little of what goes on and there's reasons certain players are not picked. I'm pretty sure Gray wasn't thinking of retirement at the end of last season, we need to trust Ross more.
    Last edited by J-C; 12-09-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Agree with all of that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    There were many on here asking why Gray wasn't being picked last season, I was one of them, the fact he only played something like 4 games and retired to go into coaching, shows we know little of what goes on and there's reasons certain players are not picked. We need to trust Ross more.
    He was fit last season but Ross refused to play him. He wanted to stay at Hibs, but wasn’t going to get any game time so that left taking up the option as a coach. It doesn’t equate to Ross being right, just that he got to influence the decision DG ultimately made.

Agreed. I must admit at no point today was I thinking Allan should be on or coming on. Shame as he’s been one of my favourite players to watch but I don’t think he’ll return to what we’d like him to.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Scotty was one of the better players I've seen at Hibs over the years. I suspect we will see him leave in January and I also suspect that Jack Ross will be proved correct. He will probably end up at somewhere like St Mirren and be alright for them. His days of playing like he did on the 4-0 hun pumping I think are behind him

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I completely agree, Scott has done nothing so far to merit being played ahead of Allan. The fact that he’s a new signing is the only reason he’s getting game time as it’s certainly not down to form. That’s fair enough as we want to get him up to speed, but Allan doesn’t seem to be getting that same chance.
    Scott looked lost in that position today. Allan would have offered more, just even in terms of knowing where to be. We were a man down first half but it wasn’t all down to Scott IMO, it was a mistake asking him to play that position.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    John McGinn is a legend, and nothing will ever change that, but in my opinion he's second to Allan in his prime. People forget that the team we had in 2014-15 was considerably less talented and he turned it into something special. If it wasn't for his well-documented health issues, and less-than-stellar career choices, he'd be a superstar.

I still think he has something to offer but Ross clearly doesn't.

You weren’t happy with Macey but made outstanding saves today
    It’s hard to improve if not getting a run of games
    But I do think we have a better balance now
    But still think bringing him on as a sub he has something to offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did I say he has an agenda against him ? In fact where has anyone said that ?

Am I disappointed one of the best midfielders I’ve seen in a Hibs jersey is no longer part of the managers plans ? Absolutely.

You keep repeating he started in the first game of the season. Aye against a bunch of diddies and he was hooked once Newell was sent off. If Ross rated him why didn’t he start in the next game ? It’s not as if he was on long enough in the that game to form much of an opinion on his performance.

Ross clearly no longer rates him and isn’t even giving him the game time to turn things round. Trying to put him on a season long loan in the final year of his contract is as clear an indication as you will get on Ross’ thoughts on Scott Allan’s future at Hibs.

I don’t know if Ross is making the right decision, but that’s what he gets paid for.
    He didn’t start the next game because Magennis played very well as far as I recall.

I wasn’t meaning you when I talked about people implying an agenda - but I’ve seen plenty of people more or less doing so e.g saying he’s been treated unfairly when he simply hasn’t.

I’m personally desperate to see the things others think they can in Scott at the moment but just can’t and definitely feel like we can trust the judgement of a good coaching team who see all the players every day.

He’s a joy to watch when in prime form - I’d love to see it again but at the moment I just can’t get away from the fact that Newell, JDH and Magennis offer a lot more and I’m not going to get upset by that.