hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not what he says.
    So why does he never get a game?

2. Log in to remove the advert

We were well on top in the 2nd half and created the chances to be out of sight.

Scott Allan remaining on the bench wasn't the problem today.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    What I’ve seen of him this season is a player who’s still got the brain but just isn’t fit enough.

If he goes out on loan it’ll prob be to the championship again.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    That’s all we’ve seen of him, Jack Ross sees him every day.

If he was the player everyone seems to want him to be, he would be playing more.
    My point is that we’ve not seen enough of him to judge his level.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I wouldn't be shocked to see Scott leave

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    No need to be pedantic he came on in 67th minute so got thr best part of half an hour
    Or he got just over 20 mins.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    My point is that we’ve not seen enough of him to judge his level.
    Exactly where I am. Maybe he isn’t capable of reaching previous levels. But he’s got no chance of ever achieving that with a few minutes now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Or he got just over 20 mins.
    Regardless of how long he got...he wasn't at the races

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Drey Wright was decent when he came on.
    Aye he never fell over or got injured a huge bonus

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Exactly where I am. Maybe he isn’t capable of reaching previous levels. But he’s got no chance of ever achieving that with a few minutes now and again.
    This isn’t boys club football. You don’t get game time just to see how you do.

He got game time last week to make an impact and looked like he was miles away from it unfortunately.

I’m not saying that’s the only chance he’ll get but when he does get opportunities he has to take them.

Same applies to young players trying to break through.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    If I had to place a bet on it I'd say Scott will never be the same player he was 2 years ago and won't be surpised if he drops down a league

Again, I hope he proves me wrong

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Totally different kind of players?

Nothing baffling in the slightest about it.

People seem to be wanting or expecting the Scott Allan from a few years ago, there’s been nothing to suggest he’s at that level just now.
    Agree with you.
    What JR and his coaching staff are seeing in connection with Scott Allan aren’t convincing them that he should be a starter,and they’re now even reluctant to bring him off the bench.
    As with Leigh Griffiths posters are thinking about Allan in his prime,and they’re both far far away from those days.
    It pains me to post this as Allan at his best was a joy to watch,but I can’t see him having much of a future at ER.

This isn’t boys club football. You don’t get game time just to see how you do.

He got game time last week to make an impact and looked like he was miles away from it unfortunately.

I’m not saying that’s the only chance he’ll get but when he does get opportunities he has to take them.

Same applies to young players trying to break through.
    You need game time to get match fit and build momentum. It’s nothing to do with “seeing how he does.” Ross clearly has his favourites he’ll allow the opportunity to get back up to speed after being out. The evidence is that Scott Allan isn’t one of them.

Regardless of how long he got...he wasn't at the races
    Any player needs minutes ON the pitch to get match fit, if Scott never gets more than 15 or 20 in a game he will never get to the level required to start games and show what he can do.
    With a full squad to pick from JR is rightly sticking with Kyle & JDH but there have been a couple of occasions season where he could have given Scott a half, Ross County second half was the perfect time 3-0 up and game won he could and should have played the second half then ..... he didn't. To me that means he is not in JR plans for whatever reason...

Allan needs to play to get some kind of sharpness because that’s what his game is all about. If he’s not going to play, we’d be as well letting him go because I don’t think he’s even going to be any kind of impact sub.

You need game time to get match fit and build momentum. It’s nothing to do with “seeing how he does.” Ross clearly has his favourites he’ll allow the opportunity to get back up to speed after being out. The evidence is that Scott Allan isn’t one of them.
    Who are his favourites?

Scott Allan had a full pre season to get fit and has been involved in matches all season including a lot of game time in pre season matches.

He’s as fit now as he’s probably going to be. I don’t think he’s been injured for ages?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Allan needs to play to get some kind of sharpness because that’s what his game is all about. If he’s not going to play, we’d be as well letting him go because I don’t think he’s even going to be any kind of impact sub.
    Agreed. I don’t want him to go without ever getting a proper chance, but the longer it looks like he’s not going to get that chance there is no point in keeping him. Fully expect him to be away at the end of the season if not before.

Who are his favourites?

Scott Allan had a full pre season to get fit and has been involved in matches all season including a lot of game time in pre season matches.

He’s as fit now as he’s probably going to be. I don’t think he’s been injured for ages?
    The fact he was also in the starting line up in our first competitive game does not suggest that Jack Ross has any problem with him.

Ross will never say in public how he sees players.
    However, his actions always send a clear message.
    Last season he sent a very clear message to Gray by effectively refusing to play him and Gray duly retired.
    Mallan got the message and has left. Vela, Horgan and Kamberi were quickly eased out.

This season Gullan and Allan appear to be getting a message from him.
    In Allan's case the situation is complicated by his previous health issues, not travelling to Croatia was a strange one and it was equally strange that he brought him on last weekend if he was trying to send a consistent message. However, overall I get the impression he would like him to be so desperate to play that he asks to move on, he 'reluctantly' agrees and Allan's significant wage is freed up. Unfortunately for Hibs and Ross I think Allan will sit tight and collect his money for the final year of his contract before retiring. Allan has been fighting the odds his whole career and this is almost certainly his final act at this level.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-08-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Who are his favourites?

Newell and McGinn are two.

As I said I wasn’t at the Arsenal game but more than one person told me he was excellent that night. Were they wrong ? Also did well in a couple of other pre season games I was told.

Thought he took a knock after first Santa Coloma game ?

Allan came on last week against Killie and looked unfit to me and certainly nowhere near the level we have come to expect of Scott Allan - anyone crying out for him to play today couldn't have seen him last 30 mins last week.
    He looked fine. Maybe a little unfit, but also got involved and created a few chances. He cant get fit without actually playing.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Ross will never say in public how he sees players.
    However, his actions send a clear message.
    Last season he sent a very clear message to Gray by effectively refusing to play him and Gray duly retired.
    Mallan got the message and has left. Vela, Horgan and Kamberi were quickly eased out.

This season Gullan and Allan appear to be getting a message from him.
    In Allan's case the situation is complicated by his previous health issues, not travelling to Croatia was a strange one and it was equally strange that he brought him on last weekend if he was trying to send a consistent message. However, overall I get the impression he would like him to be so desperate to play that he asks to move on, he 'reluctantly' agrees and Allan's significant wage is freed up. Unfortunately for Hibs and Ross I think Allan will sit tight and collect his money for the final year of his contract before retiring. Allan has been fighting the odds his whole career and this is almost certainly his final act at this level.
    Agree with a lot of that except the bit about him sitting tight. I think he’ll be looking to move this season whether on loan or permanently. For all the criticism he’s received at times for being all about the money he’s consistently pushed for loan moves when he’s not been getting game time at his parent clubs. Given his health issues and the resulting missed games I don’t expect him to retire any time soon

As I said I wasn’t at the Arsenal game but more than one person told me he was excellent that night. Were they wrong ? Also did well in a couple of other pre season games I was told.

My honest opinion is yes, they were wrong. I personally don’t think he was excellent that night against Arsenal at all.

I was at the Raith game, I don’t remember him playing that night but I think he might have played?

I’m sorry, for me, he’s lost that wee burst that used to take him past players and I think he looks slow and sluggish.

Scott Allan has been getting written off his whole life, I absolutely wouldn’t bet against him coming back and proving the doubters wrong. Right now though, I think Jack Ross is right to look at other options.

Fwiw I could see Allan adjusting his game and coming back a different type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by scotia44 View Post
    Classy response. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He looked fine. Maybe a little unfit, but also got involved and created a few chances. He cant get fit without actually playing.
    Why’s he looking unfit?

He’s not recovering from injury, he spent last season on loan after his heart condition, he’s had a full pre-season and he’s had lots of match time in pre-season and the early part of this season.

He’s not looking unfit, that’s just his body shape and condition now I think.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotia44 View Post
    He looked to do something positive with the ball and tried to drive us forward. He gets pass marks.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

My honest opinion is yes, they were wrong. I personally don’t think he was excellent that night against Arsenal at all.

I was at the Raith game, I don’t remember him playing that night but I think he might have played?

I’m sorry, for me, he’s lost that wee burst that used to take him past players and I think he looks slow and sluggish.

Scott Allan has been getting written off his whole life, I absolutely wouldn’t bet against him coming back and proving the doubters wrong. Right now though, I think Jack Ross is right to look at other options.

Fwiw I could see Allan adjusting his game and coming back a different type of player.
    Fair enough and a good response. I think he doesn’t look as sharp but I’ve not seen enough to know for sure. But his wee cameo against Rijeka still gives me hope.

Newell should be one of everybody's favourites to be fair.

I really had not thought of that,it would go some way to explain some of JR's decisions,in game time ,some of which seem inexplicable.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Newell should be one of everybody's favourites to be fair.
    I’d have hoped many would have realised that when watching the game today. To say ‘sorely missed’ would be putting it mildly.