Watched randomly the highlights hibs v sheep 3-0 couple years back now

His pass through to Boyle utterly ridiculous

Love the boy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Each to their own but not for me.

Latapy the closest equivalent in terms of the position they played but IMO Latapy a good stretch ahead of him.
    Latapy was consistently outstanding in almost every game. We can't say that about Allan. Latapy was much more involved in the game than Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This may be controversial, but Scott Allan fit and on his game is up there with those 2.

That drop of shoulder, wee burst of pace to get by someone and then the weight of pass at the end of it...
    Scott Allan has been a good player for us but the notion that he is up there with Latapy is just fanciful. Wee Russell was a mile ahead of where Scott Allan will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This may be controversial, but Scott Allan fit and on his game is up there with those 2.

That drop of shoulder, wee burst of pace to get by someone and then the weight of pass at the end of it...
    It's not controversial it's just plain wrong. He is great in his day but those two were simply majestic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Frank Sauzee - Champions League Winner
    Russell Latapy - Played in the Champions League for Porto in 1996 before 4th placed teams were getting in and went on to play in a World Cup

Scott Allan is nowhere near them. But is it down to how far we had fallen that we had a stand out player and think we can make the comparison? Is this a byproduct of the poorer quality of the leagues since 2000? Hibs Hearts and Rangers all played Championship Football when Scott Allan was standing out initially.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 15-09-2021 at 10:12 AM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Wee Russell is up there but does anyone remember the game back in 2015 when Scottie ran the show versus Der Hun and Ian Black got himself booked then subbed last heard of playing for Tranent Juniors

Pure dead brilliant so it wiz

Scott Allan was a big part of dragging us up off our knees after relegation. Yes, he started in the Championship with us but so did Latapy and Sauzee (neither of whom I want to put down in any way in order to make a point). When Allan got fit during the Championship season he stood out a mile.

The best we got from Allan was during that half season with Lennon though. At that point he was playing in the top league in a good team, and he was different class. That team got the most points in Scotland during that half of the season and he was a big part of it.

Sauzee and Latapy were both magnificent but ON HIS DAY Scott Allan could influence games in the same way as they could. He probably wasn't quite as consistent as Latapy (who was immaculate during his whole time with us) and comparing him to Sauzee is a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

I'm happy that he's spoken of in the same breath as those excellent players. When I look back on my time watching Hibs, Scott Allan will be up there with my favourite players.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Wee Russell is up there but does anyone remember the game back in 2015 when Scottie ran the show versus Der Hun and Ian Black got himself booked then subbed last heard of playing for Tranent Juniors

It was a phenomenal performance.

From being relegated at home to Hamilton in May to sticking 4 past the huns at Christmas and Scott Allan running the show. One of my favourite ever team and individual performances.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

4-0 going on 10. I have never seen a Hibs team dominate the Rangers the way we did that day. One of my favourite games.

@hibs.net private member
    Since the closure of the transfer window, Scott has really upped his training and has been staying late, more effort and doing additional training… trying to win Jack Ross back over. I’m glad to hear this and I’m sure many other are too.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Since the closure of the transfer window, Scott has really upped his training and has been staying late, more effort and doing additional training… trying to win Jack Ross back over. I’m glad to hear this and I’m sure many other are too.
    That's really good to hear.

He's been written off by some posters, so nice to see he is working hard to get back in to JR's plans.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Fingers crossed.

First Team Breakthrough
    That can only be a good thing. Only the coaching staff and Scotty himself know where he is now and where he needs to be, hopefully the trajectory is upwards.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Hibs seem to use his lovely wee coupon on their Twitter feed at every opportunity. There doesn’t appear to be any disenchantment and I’m glad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Hibs seem to use his lovely wee coupon on their Twitter feed at every opportunity. There doesn’t appear to be any disenchantment and I’m glad about that.
    Thought that too. Wonder if he'll feature tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Thought that too. Wonder if he'll feature tomorrow
    If not then he’s a PR dream.

Glad to hear this, he may not be a 1st choice any more but he can still be a valuable member of the squad, his experience and skills will be needed during the season.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm one of Scotts biggest fans, but i actually dont think this is as great news as others seem to think.

Why has he not been giving 100% before, and trying to win Jack over?

That's the kind of attitude i want from Hibs players

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm one of Scotts biggest fans, but i actually dont think this is as great news as others seem to think.

Probably has but remember he missed a big chunk of football due to his health scare and will be paying catch up, it's great he realises this and wants to do more.

Imagine having the old Scott Allan back. Hopefully he is able to manage his health and still perform to his full ability.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Probably has but remember he missed a big chunk of football due to his health scare and will be paying catch up, it's great he realises this and wants to do more.
    Aye perhaps, although it seems he's had a bit of a kick up the erse, and he's reacted the right way.

I hope he can get back to what we all know he can do, as he's a wonderful player when fit.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Me & my brother were sitting within touching distance of him on Saturday and both said he looks a lot trimmer than he was earlier in the season. Want nothing more than a fit Scott Allan doing what he does.

It’s also unfortunate for him that Magennis has found such good form

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Cos he’s a human being?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    That's the kind of attitude i want from Hibs players
    What, you think they should just piss about in training and only when they are nearly out the door they take a shake.

No mate, they should be working hard all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    What, you think they should just piss about in training and only when they are nearly out the door they take a shake.

No mate, they should be working hard all the time.

Has he been pissing about at training?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Frank Sauzee - Champions League Winner
    Russell Latapy - Played in the Champions League for Porto in 1996 before 4th placed teams were getting in and went on to play in a World Cup

Scott Allan is nowhere near them. But is it down to how far we had fallen that we had a stand out player and think we can make the comparison? Is this a byproduct of the poorer quality of the leagues since 2000? Hibs Hearts and Rangers all played Championship Football when Scott Allan was standing out initially.
    I will start off by saying I am a huge fan of Scott, absolute quality midfielder and the type of player I love to watch. However, he is nowhere near as good as Latapy and Sauzee. It’s not even close.

I would compare Scott to Liam Miller, another who was a joy to watch on his day. Allan more capable of that killer pass but Miller had ability in spades and was a player I’d love to have seen in a better Hibs side, like the 2017/18 one playing McGeouchs role.

Dear god it’s not hard to work out that he’s doing a bit more to get noticed.

That doesn’t mean he’s not trying in training. He might have before put in 100% in training for the length of time it lasted then went home.

Maybe now he’s working harder by adapting his game to suit what Jack Ross wants? Working more in his own time defensively and winning the ball back.

In the gym he might be doing more explosive work to make him get faster and be stronger in winning the ball back and protecting it when he gets it.

Just because he’s putting in more effort now doesn’t mean that he wasn’t trying in training.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Has he been pissing about at training?
    Not heard that, I'm only going by what Black Sheep has said.

Since his move fell through he is now seemingly working really hard, so why was he not working hard before?

My point was you shouldn't need a possible transfer to make you buck your ideas up.

We all know the stick that Stevenson and Hanlon get on here but those two knock their pan in, day in day out. When they hang their boots up they know they gave it their all and will have no regrets.