hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Big screens.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’re only guaranteed 19 games. 19 games where people generally only turn up 15 mins before kick off. On the presumption that the game will be shown on the screens then that leaves around 30 mins 19 times a season guaranteed for adverts. 570 minutes of air time makes it £1754 a minute to reach an average of about 14000 people with the vast majority of those folk being the same folk every week.

There’s certainly much cheaper ways to advertise and to also reach much wider audiences if that’s what we are charging but I’d be delighted if folk want to pay it.
    They’re not just advertising to the people in the stadium though. Games are all televised to some degree with matches shown worldwide.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Here are some big screen sponsorship and advertising opportunities, as per Birmingham City FC: https://www.bcfc.com/media/8529/adve...al_lowqual.pdf

Pre-match big screen advert
    Half time big screen advert
    Out of play advert
    Replay sponsorship
    Corner sponsorship
    Penalty sponsorship
    Substitution sponsorship
    Goal sponsorship
    Birthday messages sponsorship
    Half time highlights sponsorship
    Full time highlights sponsorship
    Attendance announcement sponsorship

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    They’re not just advertising to the people in the stadium though. Games are all televised to some degree with matches shown worldwide.
    They are but how often do they focus on the screens before a game or at half time? On the presumption the adverts aren’t going to be on them during the game then I’m not sure they’ll get all that much air time.

Sergio Sledge made a good point though that whilst the game may be on them they may have some adverts at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Here are some big screen sponsorship and advertising opportunities, as per Birmingham City FC: https://www.bcfc.com/media/8529/adve...al_lowqual.pdf

Out of play advert
    Replay sponsorship
    Corner sponsorship
    Penalty sponsorship
    Substitution sponsorship
    Goal sponsorship
    Adds up in total to around £35k a season if all of them were taken out by the seasonal packages.

They will put features on with the players which will have adverts piped in before and after, including with sound. That's where the money is really. They do it at all major grounds

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Adds up in total to around £35k a season if all of them were taken out by the seasonal packages.
    They are selling 1 minutes worth of advertising on the LED ribbons for £3000 a season. 45 minutes worth of time to sell is £135k

30 second pre-match advert is £1500 a season. Stadiums opens an hour before kick-off. Lets say they sell 30 minutes worth of those packages thats £90k

half time adverts are also 30 seconds at £2000 a season. Lets say ten minutes worth is £40k

Assuming all the other packages are stand alone and can't be sold to multiple companies the seasonal packages are worth a further £30k

That's £295k a year for a similarly sized club to us at their prices from 4 years ago.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why doesnt someone just phone the commercial department for a pack or details of advertising options.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    They are selling 1 minutes worth of advertising on the LED ribbons for £3000 a season. 45 minutes worth of time to sell is £135k

30 second pre-match advert is £1500 a season. Stadiums opens an hour before kick-off. Lets say they sell 30 minutes worth of those packages thats £90k

half time adverts are also 30 seconds at £2000 a season. Lets say ten minutes worth is £40k

Assuming all the other packages are stand alone and can't be sold to multiple companies the seasonal packages are worth a further £30k

That's £295k a year for a similarly sized club to us at their prices from 4 years ago.
    Apologies, I’m thinking there’ll only be one advert

Even if you double what they were getting 4 seasons ago then that’s still a good bit short of £1m though

I actually think they’ll be a good investment btw. I’d just be stunned if they’re THAT good that they’ll bring us in £1m a year.

I thought the chat was they would cost £1m and pay for themselves within 2 years? That would mean income of £500k per season would it not?

Even if you double what they were getting 4 seasons ago then that’s still a good bit short of £1m though

I actually think they’ll be a good investment btw. I’d just be stunned if they’re THAT good that they’ll bring us in £1m a year.
    I'll be stunned if they aren't making a profit after a year.... waste of investment if that was the case. The will have a burn down of about 4 years so they really need to be turning a profit early.

I heard they were offered to us for 250k

Stupid question maybe but will they show the game live ? Obviously replays not allowed but hopefully it’s not just adverts etc. Again obviously will be watching the game but would be pretty cool to have game live too.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree they’ll be a worthwhile investment regardless but I would say that £1m income a year from the screens sounds incredibly high.
    It’s really not high at all….

The animated LED sponsorship boards that you see around the stadiums all round the world are of huge financial benefit, and these screens will offer much better advertising real estate for sponsors.

For 3 minutes ‘air time’ (6x 30 second slots) on the led strip surrounding the pitch during a match in the uk it costs a sponsor £66,000 plus VAT…

This is for a whole season… so the math and selling every second of ‘air time’ comes in at around £2 million for the season… take off overhears and tax and you can see where the £1million figure comes from.

Not every second will be sold to sponsors but there is a huge commercial benefit to offering advertising on such medium as big screens and hoardings.

This will make the club a huge profit every season… and the more success the team brings to the club the higher sponsors pay, for example make it to Europe groups and the price jumps up as the coverage of the ad is greater reaching.

It’s a no brainer.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 19-08-2021 at 11:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Who cares what it will cost, it will look cool and the Jambo’s haven’t got them because they’re stadiums ****.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Has this £1m a year income actually been quoted anywhere? I’ve never actually seen anything where someone from Hibs has mentioned it.
    I actually think the £1m thing is wrong, a bit of misunderstanding on here maybe.

I can't find the original link, but from memory RG said they could bring in around £500k per season, with them costing up to £1m initially, the chat being that after 2 years we'd be quids in.

That certainly feels more realistic than £1m per season.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Who cares what it will cost, it will look cool and the Jambo’s haven’t got them because they’re stadiums ****.
    And the chance of them ever having them reduced at the end of the month when the lunatics will have taken over the asylum 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I'm with you all the way on that. These are the 2 most important factors to consider.

You just know that Kickback will look to slate whatever we do, but deep down they'll be gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I'm with you all the way on that. These are the 2 most important factors to consider.

You just know that Kickback will look to slate whatever we do, but deep down they'll be gutted.
    It's not just Kickback is it?

Left by mutual consent!
    This

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

I think £1m a year is probably stretching it. Taking into account price increases since those Birmingham packages were on offer and the addition of cup games etc we could probably say they will generate around £500k a year in advertising

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I'll be stunned if they aren't making a profit after a year.... waste of investment if that was the case. The will have a burn down of about 4 years so they really need to be turning a profit early.
    If true, that is so environment unfriendly and also quite a high risk investment.

Would be awesome to have some great pre match visual entertainment such as player introduction when announcing the team.
    Midweek under the lights v Hearts or Huns, get the visuals right and a soundtrack to match and that 5 minutes till kick off period could be goosebump and fever pitch inducing.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    If they don’t show my face during a half time shout out I’ll be underwhelmed.

In seriousness, I remember being at Ibrox and they were showing player interviews etc during half time. Wonder if we’ll do the same. Or highlights of old games to noise up away fans!

I think the stadiums in need of some minor work as well, could do with a good pressure wash.
    Last edited by Stuart93; 19-08-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Stupid question maybe but will they show the game live ? Obviously replays not allowed but hopefully it’s not just adverts etc. Again obviously will be watching the game but would be pretty cool to have game live too.
    They show the game 'live' with a delay of a few seconds down here and replays are allowed - no reason to think it will be any different in Scotland. The delay means you get another look at an incident if you didn't quite catch what happened the first time. If the game's being broadcast live by Sky etc it's just streamed straight onto the screens so you get the same pictures as you would at home, including slo-mo, offside lines drawn in etc.
    Last edited by Caversham Green; 19-08-2021 at 12:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If they don’t show my face during a half time shout out I’ll be underwhelmed.
    Just be careful what you are watching on your phone at the time!

Hope they don’t have a Chromecast plugged in not wanting any younger fans catching on to what the pervs are watching during the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post

Out of play advert
    Replay sponsorship
    Corner sponsorship
    Penalty sponsorship
    Substitution sponsorship
    Goal sponsorship
    From a purely advertising point of view, these things will pay for themselves within 2 seasons, and of course boost the match day experience.

Not keen on an American style sponsoring everything type deal, but these types of initiatives are what we need to look at in order to bridge the turnover gap between us and the sheep.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I’ll not make that mistake again

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Really don't understand the short term thinking of those that were saying after Rijeka that the screens were a terrible idea and the money should be used on the squad instead.

I'm sure there is money available for a striker and a CB, investing in this stadium improvement won't effect that.

If we only ever prioritised short term spending on the squad and no infrastructure improvements where would we be - still training in dog **** covered parks in Edinburgh. On Bartley's open goal interview he spoke about how he wasn't sure at all about Scottish football and didn't want to come, but our training ground helped convince him on the size and potential of our club.

If the screens are expected to pay for themselves with advertising after about a year, that means that apart from low maintenance costs they will basically be making us free money once they are paid off. Which can then be invested back in to the squad allowing us to attract a larger number of high level players in 2-3 years time.
    The original argument from posters on the ‘splash the cash’ thread was that we had no money to spend on players though. That’s why I argued if we have no money for players then we shouldn’t be getting screens and spending on the squad instead at this moment.

Nothing against spending on infrastructure when the time is right, and when we have excess cash above and beyond to do it. If that’s the case and we have money for players then fantastic - if we’re struggling to pay for players yet doing this instead then I’ll continue to say that’s wrong at this moment.

FWIW I don’t believe we can’t afford players and argued that at the time.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Be funny if you could mirror your phone to the big screen 🤯