hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: The Prodigy

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

The Prodigy

As a techno junkie I always viewed them as a bit charty for my liking but they really weren’t. They never sold out and they always stuck to their beliefs, I remember them walking off stage at rezerection because the sound was ****. From songs like Charlie and out of space to breathe and smack my bitch up, and all the songs in between they have absolutely ruled the British techno scene. They never played top of the pops and they never gave ****ty interviews to crap tv shows. I didn’t realise it at the time but they were ****in pioneers.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a techno junkie I always viewed them as a bit charty for my liking but they really weren’t. They never sold out and they always stuck to their beliefs, I remember them walking off stage at rezerection because the sound was ****. From songs like Charlie and out of space to breathe and smack my bitch up, and all the songs in between they have absolutely ruled the British techno scene. They never played top of the pops and they never gave ****ty interviews to crap tv shows. I didn’t realise it at the time but they were ****in pioneers.
    I saw them at one of the rezerections way back in early 90s and they were really good, sure I saw them elsewhere before that but can't remember where. There were very few of these bands at raves that actually came across well but the Prodigy, altern 8 (even though they did totp) and shades of rhythm were always top notch.

They headlined titp the first time I was there. I was only there to see the seahorses tbh.the prodigy had just released the fat of the land. They blew me away.top live band.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyshamble View Post
    They headlined titp the first time I was there. I was only there to see the seahorses tbh.the prodigy had just released the fat of the land. They blew me away.top live band.
    There's an Aussie punk band I like called the Cosmic Psychos who made an absolute fortune cause of that Prodigy album. They had a song called Lost Cause which which L7 used parts of in fuel my fire which the Prodigy covered on fat of the land. The guys in Cosmic Psychos claim to have known little about it till the money started rolling in

https://youtu.be/Hjp5JBiuovA

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    They made reference to that incident at rezerection in one of their album inlays from what i remember, used to be a rez head myself but not until the mid 90's.

loved the prodigy, was grateful to have finally seen them a couple of years ago at the O2 academy in Glasgow before the sad passing of keith.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I’ve saw them 4 or 5 times and always been impressed. Always left about a stone lighter with the sweat I’d lost tae!

Quote Originally Posted by Babyshamble View Post
    Same. There where excellent that night .probably the best I've ever seen at T and TBH wasn't expecting what I saw. Still talk about it to this day.