hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Share a few things noted above.

Volume control - 0/5/8/10 and so forth.

Everything is aligned at right angles on my desk / around my house.

All labels face forward in fridge / cupboard.

Lists / reminders / spreadsheets for everything.

I waste a lot of time in work with layout / formatting and correcting other people’s work when really it doesn’t matter.

In the office I apparently used to come in and unpack my lunch and put each item in the same / place order and in parallel with each other. I went to the toilet once and my team played a trick on me and moved it all around. I came back and in complete auto pilot put everything back in it’s place without really recognising what they’d done. I wouldn’t have known had they not said to me after!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    My wife says I notice straight away if something has been moved or used in the house as I always put things back in a particular way. As an example I came home last night and asked my wife what she had used the tumble dryer for yesterday. How did I know? Because the cord and plug was not the way I had left it when I last used it!

I always pack the supermarket shopping as I like everything put on the belt in a particular order and then packed accordingly.

Went on holiday once and left a key with a neighbour, came back opened my tool cupboard and knew someone had taken my electric drill out as the case was back in the cupboard the wrong way round, eventually discovered neighbour had used it.

The more I think about it I realise I am quite obsessive.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 12-08-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would think it's standard practive in your neck of the Hood.
    The Wild West for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    My wife says I notice straight away if something has been moved or used in the house as I always put things back in a particular way. As an example I came home last night and asked my wife what she had used the tumble dryer for yesterday. How did I know? Because the cord and plug was not the way I had left it when I last used it!

I always pack the supermarket shopping as I like everything put on the belt in a particular order and then packed accordingly.

Went on holiday once and left a key with a neighbour, came back opened my tool cupboard and knew someone had taken my electric drill out as the case was back in the cupboard the wrong way round, eventually discovered neighbour had used it.

The more I think about it I realise I am quite obsessive.
    That's common sense, no point in throwing it all in and damaging half of it.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    That's common sense, no point in throwing it all in and damaging half of it.
    Try telling the wife that 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Try telling the wife that 😂
    Or surely the vast majority of men. This was a constant argument between me and ex wife. It was all going to be sorted when we got home so what bloody difference does it make how the bags are packed?

Edit..I'll concede eggs and bread on top obviously but the rest, who cares?
    Last edited by Bangkok Hibby; 12-08-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Or surely the vast majority of men. This was a constant argument between me and ex wife. It was all going to be sorted when we got home so what bloody difference does it make how the bags are packed?

Me if I get home and there's tins on top of my fresh fruit, veg or any other easily damaged items.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Me if I get home and there's tins on top of my fresh fruit, veg or any other easily damaged items.
    Really, in bags, in a car, between shop and home? How bad is it going to be?
    Probably why I'm twice divorced 😃

Nah I’m with Scouse on this one mate

I have several rules for packing shopping into bags

Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    Only sit facing forward on a train, will stand if I cant get a forward facing seat.
    Are you a train driver?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Nah I’m with Scouse on this one mate

I have several rules for packing shopping into bags
    No problem and I may have derailed the thread a bit. Pretty sure we've touched on this before somewhere. IF it's an OCD thing that makes you pack the bags a certain way the fine. Otherwise its girly. Take the advice of an OLD fashioned, unsuccessful at marriage, stuck in his ways real man 😀
    No offense meant, just a light hearted dig at "new men" 😃

No problem and I may have derailed the thread a bit. Pretty sure we've touched on this before somewhere. IF it's an OCD thing that makes you pack the bags a certain way the fine. Otherwise its girly. Take the advice of an OLD fashioned, unsuccessful at marriage, stuck in his ways real man 😀
    No offense meant, just a light hearted dig at "new men" 😃

No offence taken bud 👍

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Jesus, the lengths some people will go to.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar

Maybe this is better suited to the pet peeves thread, but it really annoys me when I load the belt at the supermarket in a particular order for then packing it into bags but then the checkout operator scans it out of order.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Maybe this is better suited to the pet peeves thread, but it really annoys me when I load the belt at the supermarket in a particular order for then packing it into bags but then the checkout operator scans it out of order.
    Maybe you have to number or colour code your items.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Put the ones you want to pack first closest to the side of the belt beside the operator. Leave a bit of a gap before the next lot.

Fwiw, my wife rarely comes supermarket shopping with me, but when she does she leaves me at the checkout and goes and looks at the magazines.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    No offence taken bud 👍
    🙏🏻👍🏻

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Put the ones you want to pack first closest to the side of the belt beside the operator. Leave a bit of a gap before the next lot.

Fwiw, my wife rarely comes supermarket shopping with me, but when she does she leaves me at the checkout and goes and looks at the magazines.
    Nope, I think I do that anyway but consciously did it this afternoon. Totally random where they took the items from position wise.

I've seen a few people mentioning writing lists on this thread. Is that really odd?

I do it all the time, particularly at work. It's just sensible rather than oddball as far as I'm concerned. It means I actually do the things that I'm supposed to rather than the chancers in my office who stare blankly ahead when you ask if they have done something and they either have, or pretend to have, forgotten all about it.

When it comes to shopping I've started using the Scan and Go so I can pack how I like as I go. It's a system I actually object to on a few levels but for the purposes of being able to pack as I like then it's great.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've seen a few people mentioning writing lists on this thread. Is that really odd?

I do it all the time, particularly at work. It's just sensible rather than oddball as far as I'm concerned. It means I actually do the things that I'm supposed to rather than the chancers in my office who stare blankly ahead when you ask if they have done something and they either have, or pretend to have, forgotten all about it.

When it comes to shopping I've started using the Scan and Go so I can pack how I like as I go. It's a system I actually object to on a few levels but for the purposes of being able to pack as I like then it's great.
    Again please dont take this the wrong way but in this and another thread I'm astonished how many men care how the shopping is packed. Love to do a poll but can't be arsed 😀
    Am I so old fashioned? Is it now the done thing?

@hibs.net private member
    Is it not just sensible to put the heavy stuff at the bottom of your bag and stuff that will get squished, leak or bruised on the top? Who wants to pay for a loaf of squished bread or bruised bananas? It's not a man thing or a woman thing its common sense

I have lots of oddball behaviour but no OCD . If I'm wearing socks i like them to be odd. I think someone with OCD would struggle to live with me

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    Is it not just sensible to put the heavy stuff at the bottom of your bag and stuff that will get squished, leak or bruised on the top? Who wants to pay for a loaf of squished bread or bruised bananas? It's not a man thing or a woman thing its common sense

I have lots of oddball behaviour but no OCD . If I'm wearing socks i like them to be odd. I think someone with OCD would struggle to live with me
    Yes of course thats why I said bread, eggs on top. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, there just seems to be a lot of men quite fussy about packing shopping. Anyway those days are long behind me, good riddance 😀

@hibs.net private member
    I suffer from NO CD. Nothing goes back in the same place.

Coaching Staff
    Again please dont take this the wrong way but in this and another thread I'm astonished how many men care how the shopping is packed. Love to do a poll but can't be arsed 😀
    Am I so old fashioned? Is it now the done thing?
    No idea what this has to do with being a man?

I’m particular about packing the shopping too, but more in keeping together stuff that goes away in the same place, so cupboard stuff separate from fridge stuff etc.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No idea what this has to do with being a man?

I’m particular about packing the shopping too, but more in keeping together stuff that goes away in the same place, so cupboard stuff separate from fridge stuff etc.
    Because in my day men wouldn't be quite so fussy with the shopping. I find it hard to believe so many on here, so I must accept in wider society too, actually give a toss how the bags are packed. I've already said its just my old fashioned take on it so not looking for confrontation. Its my take on the "oddball behaviour" part of the thread title. Accept I seem to be in the minority so all you modern men carry on 😃
    What are your wives doing when you're all making sure the bags are neatly packed?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Because in my day men wouldn't be quite so fussy with the shopping. I find it hard to believe so many on here, so I must accept in wider society too, actually give a toss how the bags are packed. I've already said its just my old fashioned take on it so not looking for confrontation. Its my take on the "oddball behaviour" part of the thread title. Accept I seem to be in the minority so all you modern men carry on 😃
    What are your wives doing when you're all making sure the bags are neatly packed?
    I’m the same as you.

There’s obvious things that don’t go at the bottom of a bag. I’m not going to put a loaf of bread at the bottom and top that with a 12 pack of water but I can’t say I really go that deep into thinking about it. Once things that are ‘fragile’ in some regard are safe then it’s a free for all after that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’m the same as you.

There’s obvious things that don’t go at the bottom of a bag. I’m not going to put a loaf of bread at the bottom and top that with a 12 pack of water but I can’t say I really go that deep into thinking about it. Once things that are ‘fragile’ in some regard are safe then it’s a free for all after that.
    Yes and once home it can all be tipped out and put in correct place. My ex was never happy though. Just another contributing factor to my divorce 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Because in my day men wouldn't be quite so fussy with the shopping. I find it hard to believe so many on here, so I must accept in wider society too, actually give a toss how the bags are packed. I've already said its just my old fashioned take on it so not looking for confrontation. Its my take on the "oddball behaviour" part of the thread title. Accept I seem to be in the minority so all you modern men carry on ��

I think it says a lot for men. Most of them seem to have dragged themselves into this century ( a lot even managed equality last century too!) and agree that having a home and perhaps a family means all work loads are shared . The days of womans work and mans work are thankfully in the past Also a lot of men live alone these days . The chances are the women are out working - imagine that?
    Last edited by Jay; 16-08-2021 at 07:13 PM.

The wife is usually doing the housework if she's finished her 12 hour shift

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    I think it says a lot for men. Most of them seem to have dragged themselves into this century ( a lot even managed equality last century too!) and agree that having a home and perhaps a family means all work loads are shared . The days of womans work and mans work are thankfully in the past Also a lot of men live alone these days . The chances are the women are out working - imagine that?
    I’m not sure BH has ever suggested it’s a women’s work. More just that they’re surprised so many men seem to be so neat and tidy with the packing of a bag.