hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m not sure BH has ever suggested it’s a women’s work. More just that they’re surprised so many men seem to be so neat and tidy with the packing of a bag.
    I think his last sentence differs albeit light hearted which is how I hoped my comment would be taken.

Edit: I've just realised I used the wrong smilie in my post . My small phone screen and eyesight dont do well with them! Apologies, it was meant to be
    Last edited by Jay; 16-08-2021 at 07:12 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can't buy odd numbers of tins of soup. Freaks me out.i work continental shifts. Work 3 days at a time in some cases, have to buy 4. Odd numbers are the work of the devil 🙈

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    a 12 pack of water
    Buying water? Now there's a bit of oddball behaviour!

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    I’m the same as you.

There’s obvious things that don’t go at the bottom of a bag. I’m not going to put a loaf of bread at the bottom and top that with a 12 pack of water but I can’t say I really go that deep into thinking about it. Once things that are ‘fragile’ in some regard are safe then it’s a free for all after that.
    Well exactly. Quite why anyone would turn it into some sort of science is well beyond me!

Sure the Mrs would suggest otherwise but not sure I have too many oddball behaviours. I do like to have mini ‘systems’ like multiple pairs of the same socks to make life a bit easier. When I use to have to wear a shirt to work had at least 15 of them on a constant rotation, washing and ironing 5 at a time once a week to have a ready supply. Always put T shirts back in the drawer or jumpers in the wardrobe in colour order etc to facilitate superior colour co-ordination when dressing and the likes. That does make me sound like a demented 70 year old right enough

Suppose the only thing might be I have a habit of not turning the light on at night when going up the stairs..I like to challenge myself to find my way in the dark…not exactly hard as it’s my hoose I suppose!

Oh and l like to see if I can empty the dishwasher in the morning before the kettle has boiled..a daily challenge that is ever so slightly different every morning and often ends up with muttering about how oddly her indoors has stacked the dishes and thus exonerating myself from blame if I fail

Beyond that it’s a much simpler life if you don’t write lists of what you have put into the washing machine

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Because in my day men wouldn't be quite so fussy with the shopping. I find it hard to believe so many on here, so I must accept in wider society too, actually give a toss how the bags are packed. I've already said its just my old fashioned take on it so not looking for confrontation. Its my take on the "oddball behaviour" part of the thread title. Accept I seem to be in the minority so all you modern men carry on 😃
    What are your wives doing when you're all making sure the bags are neatly packed?
    Browsing the magazines. And as I'm 64, thanks for referring to me as a modern man 😁
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I’m getting overwhelming feelings of remorse and guilt for the mental torment I must have caused when “helping” people pack their shopping away at Christmas when I was in scouts.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I need to re-tie both shoe laces even if only one is loose.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I’m getting overwhelming feelings of remorse and guilt for the mental torment I must have caused when “helping” people pack their shopping away at Christmas when I was in scouts.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That’s why I never let them do it, still give a donation though!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    I think it says a lot for men. Most of them seem to have dragged themselves into this century ( a lot even managed equality last century too!) and agree that having a home and perhaps a family means all work loads are shared . The days of womans work and mans work are thankfully in the past Also a lot of men live alone these days . The chances are the women are out working - imagine that?
    Haha, getting bit deeper than I intended now. 😃👍🏻

If I unpack the shopping at the till, my wife will rearrange it all.

If I pack the shopping into the bags, my wife will rearrange that as well.

If I unpack when I get home, my wife will go after me and put everything 'in it's proper place'.

If I hang up the washing, my wife will take at least half of it down and then re-hang it.

If I put the dishes away, my wife will go after me and re-arrange stuff to be exactly in the right place.

As if that's not bad enough, all her broomsticks are hung in alphabetical order....

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    Buying water? Now there's a bit of oddball behaviour!

@hibs.net private member
    Found another one this morning…

If there’s a bottle / cartoon / tube compressed when I use it I must get the air back inside to return to his natural shape.

For example, shampoo, shower gel, juice etc…

Anyone else?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Found another one this morning…

If there’s a bottle / cartoon / tube compressed when I use it I must get the air back inside to return to his natural shape.

For example, shampoo, shower gel, juice etc…

Anyone else?
    So long as you don't do it with the toothpaste!!! 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    So long as you don't do it with the toothpaste!!! 😉
    Don't get me started on toothpaste....

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    My mrs thinks I’m mental every month when we are transferring money into our expenses account.

I need to do it in seperate amounts, one for mortgage, one for gas bill, one for food etc. As opposed to one lump sum. Just feels better that way

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    My mrs thinks I’m mental every month when we are transferring money into our expenses account.

I need to do it in seperate amounts, one for mortgage, one for gas bill, one for food etc. As opposed to one lump sum. Just feels better that way
    Could be worse, I've seen people who have individual accounts for each of those things

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Could be worse, I've seen people who have individual accounts for each of those things
    That’s the dream 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I’ve got 5 current accounts for exactly that type of reasoning. It’s my number one tip for effective budgeting!

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    I’ve got 5 current accounts for exactly that type of reasoning. It’s my number one tip for effective budgeting!
    Or just have 1 account purely for domestic payments.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    I went through a phase when I would have to find the most efficient way of doing the most menial of tasks. For example if I was making a cup of tea, I would plan the route through the kitchen to fill the kettle, fetch the cups, tea bags, spoons, milk and sugar and have it all prepared and ready so that I didn’t criss cross the kitchen multiple times. All had to be done in the time it took for the kettle to boil too. I should have got a job in time and motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    I went through a phase when I would have to find the most efficient way of doing the most menial of tasks. For example if I was making a cup of tea, I would plan the route through the kitchen to fill the kettle, fetch the cups, tea bags, spoons, milk and sugar and have it all prepared and ready so that I didn’t criss cross the kitchen multiple times. All had to be done in the time it took for the kettle to boil too. I should have got a job in time and motion.
    Aha I like your style…I quite often find myself doing stuff like that. Not sure it’s overly oddball, more like simple common sense to me (although I would say that I suppose )