hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsound

Sportsound

After I'd finished watching the game last night I tuned into Sportsound for the last 15-20 mins, I don't think Hibs were even mentioned, it was all Aberdeen apart from 30 seconds or so about Celtic. Maybe just as well I hardly ever listen to that programme nowadays.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Hearts weren't playing so it defaults to pretty much the Aberdeen Show.

It's a program that's dying on its feet.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After I'd finished watching the game last night I tuned into Sportsound for the last 15-20 mins, I don't think Hibs were even mentioned, it was all Aberdeen apart from 30 seconds or so about Celtic. Maybe just as well I hardly ever listen to that programme nowadays.
    Spot on. Willie Miller was embarrassing. Slavering incoherent drivel about Aberdeen in general hardly mentioned their game (which was still on). In fact at one point I'm convinced he was going through the Aberdeen team sheet bumming up each and every one of the players. Not a mention of the Hibs score, post match analysis etc.

I stopped listening years ago

Aberdeen love in and likes of Preston and Miller slavering away, well past it’s sell by date

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    not trying to defend them, god forbid, but they weredoing live commentary of the aberdeen game so it makes sense that was given more coverage.

What I found annoying was there were not seperate text updates for each game on thh BBC Sport web pages. we had all the updates from St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Hibs games all jumbled together. bloody confusing
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    not trying to defend them, god forbid, but they weredoing live commentary of the aberdeen game so it makes sense that was given more coverage.

What I found annoying was there were not seperate text updates for each game on thh BBC Sport web pages. we had all the updates from St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Hibs games all jumbled together. bloody confusing
    So, if I've got this right: 2 weeks ago their live coverage was the Aberdeen game while Hibs played Santa C; last week their live coverage was the Aberdeen game again while Hibs played Santa C; and last night they provided live coverage of the Celtic game, the St Johnstone game and the Aberdeen game while Hibs played Rijeka.

Left by mutual consent!

What bugs me, is that Saints game on tv and radio. Why not have one or the other so they can spread around commentaries.

Show is full of wallopers.

Preston/English/Miller and various slavering guests.

I listen to Super Scoreboard on Clyde 1. Much better laugh.

Preston also said Callum Davidson has never lost a cup tie - he lost one on penalties last year to Dundee United in the league cup groups. They were slavering that much that they never even knew the Aberdeen game had finished.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Every single time they've sent a commentary team to whoever Aberdeen are playing and haven't bothered with us.

If we get through and play PAOK they'll probably still cover the Aberdeen game against whatever team they're up against.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

Were they? What channel? The dab feed was in the studio as I turned it on to walk to the car. Broadcast finished at 10. 2 weeks back it went after 10 on to ensure it got interviews etc. Guessing big effort for Celtic. Live stream of St J fell into their lap and then minimum for Aberseen and Hibs. With Millar on, edging it towards the Dons for favourites

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Haven't listened to it for probably more than a decade now. Used to be essential listening on matchday and part of the routine but it got horrendously bad back then and sounds like it's still as bad, if not worse. It needed a shake up back then and they really should've sorted it by now.

I'll still give 'Off The Ball' a listen if I'm in the car at the time it's on, but I don't go out of my way to listen to that either these days.

The BBC website is very poor when it come's to teams outside Glasgow! For the past 3 day's all they seemed to care about was both old firm team's playing to a full house and what players they were going to sign.
    I was hoping they would have all the team news about the Scottish teams that were due to play in Europe this week, but found nothing but small articles the day of the match.
    You had to dig deep on the site to get anything about the conference league scores last night

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    The coverage of Scottish Football on the BBC, compared to both the English men's and women's games, is an absolute disgrace. And that's before I start moaning about how my old banger of a car can't get AM, so can't listen to whatever is left of the midweek programme on the drive home! The Scottish Championship should be an exciting, competitive league and it's great that we are getting the odd live game, but how difficult / costly would it be to have a 'Football First' type programme to show highlights of all the games, plus Leagues 1 and 2 (although no Derek Johnstone please!)?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post

They need to do what sky did and get rid of the old guard. What young kids nowadays know who Wullie Miller is, same with Preston and Ferguson. Jim Spence, another rocket is that Richard Gordon
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I wasnt disappointed in the coverage of the Hibs game as I expect nothing from them.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I wasnt disappointed in the coverage of the Hibs game as I expect nothing from them.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    I used to get angry with the muppets on this programme as I was convinced there was an anti-Hibs agenda. I’ve mellowed and have come to the conclusion that they simply just have no interest in Hibs whatsoever, unless,of-course, they have nothing else to report on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I used to get angry with the muppets on this programme as I was convinced there was an anti-Hibs agenda. I’ve mellowed and have come to the conclusion that they simply just have no interest in Hibs whatsoever, unless,of-course, they have nothing else to report on.
    Or if it's something to our disadvantage. I can't quite remember getting the prolonged, fawning treatment like Aberdeen and Hearts get regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Hearts weren't playing so it defaults to pretty much the Aberdeen Show.

It's a program that's dying on its feet.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    A once 'must listen' show has become something that id rather not listen to at all and can't remember when i last did.
    Last edited by Since452; 06-08-2021 at 03:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Were they? What channel? The dab feed was in the studio as I turned it on to walk to the car. Broadcast finished at 10. 2 weeks back it went after 10 on to ensure it got interviews etc. Guessing big effort for Celtic. Live stream of St J fell into their lap and then minimum for Aberseen and Hibs. With Millar on, edging it towards the Dons for favourites

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Correct - there was no live commentary of the Aberdeen game, just loads of waffle from Willie Miller - the Hibs game barely got a mention. I thought Aberdeen had won the competition the way they were talking about it

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I only caught about ten minutes in my way to work but John Collins was covering the Hibs game and was waxing lyrical. During the ten minutes it was about equal time with Miller covering the Aberdeen game. There was also the start of an interview with the St Johnstone chairman by phone from Turkey. That ten minutes seemed pretty balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    The BBC website is very poor when it come's to teams outside Glasgow! For the past 3 day's all they seemed to care about was both old firm team's playing to a full house and what players they were going to sign.
    I was hoping they would have all the team news about the Scottish teams that were due to play in Europe this week, but found nothing but small articles the day of the match.
    You had to dig deep on the site to get anything about the conference league scores last night
    The BBC website is poor full stop.

There are six games every week in our top flight, yet the BBC can only be bothered to feature four in its "Things To Watch". It happened all last season, and they're at it again this week. How difficult is it to put together a couple of paragraphs on each game?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

When Gary Lineker gets paid more than the BBC use for covering the whole of Scottish football you just know you are going to get the cheapest of the cheap crap.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I only caught about ten minutes in my way to work but John Collins was covering the Hibs game and was waxing lyrical. During the ten minutes it was about equal time with Miller covering the Aberdeen game. There was also the start of an interview with the St Johnstone chairman by phone from Turkey. That ten minutes seemed pretty balanced.
    I got back to the motor in time for the round up to hear a good 5 mins of John Collins talking about Celtic followed by laddish pish from Willie Miller on discotheques and St Johnstone getting home at half 4.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry but take the blinkers off, John Collins was full of praise for Hibs and Michael Stewart praising the depth of our squad tonight saying we have greater depth than Aberdeen.

Sportsound coverage is excellent, especially open all mics on a Saturday. Full off personalities. Michael Steward and Leanne Crichton are brilliant on it and very articulate.

It's my only option for Scottish football and it's gone down drastically the past few years. Jane Lewis constantly gets guests names wrong, and can't believe Chic picks up a wage for the little he contributes.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    It's my only option for Scottish football and it's gone down drastically the past few years. Jane Lewis constantly gets guests names wrong, and can't believe Chic picks up a wage for the little he contributes.
    Agree about both. How Chick has managed to come back from retirement beggars belief. Listened to an older interview he had with arguably the best Scottish player ever Denis Law a few years back absolutely butchered it with his ridiculous awful patter.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Sportsound has its place in my heart. When it’s good it’s excellent, it’s mostly background noise until something Hibs is mentioned, occasionally it’s ****ing dreadful but I have only once thought about writing to the show to complain: when Ferguson and Dodds were trying to claim that the orange kits Rangers wore were tributes to the Dutch contingent that hadn’t kicked a ball for Rangers for 7/8 years at the time.

I will say that they made longs saturdays on a farm at harvest a lot more bearable.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Sorry but take the blinkers off, John Collins was full of praise for Hibs and Michael Stewart praising the depth of our squad tonight saying we have greater depth than Aberdeen.

Sportsound coverage is excellent, especially open all mics on a Saturday. Full off personalities. Michael Steward and Leanne Crichton are brilliant on it and very articulate.
    No more drink for you tonight

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post

Totally agree, some of the criticism on here is juvenile and quite frankly pathetic.