hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Total guess, based on multiple of current allowance.

There is no reasonable reason for the cooncils to limit it - and after Monday arrives, I have an expectation that all the SPFL premiership clubs will apply for full capacities.

And instead of asking for a few 000s over the 2k, they will be asking for a sensible rationale for not giving full capacities.

All just imo.
    It’s a good opinion. These clubs have to trade and as restrictions are relaxed from Monday I’d expect Scottish footballs business people to be less than relaxed about the current civic apathy towards their plight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Total guess, based on multiple of current allowance.

There is no reasonable reason for the cooncils to limit it - and after Monday arrives, I have an expectation that all the SPFL premiership clubs will apply for full capacities.

And instead of asking for a few 000s over the 2k, they will be asking for a sensible rationale for not giving full capacities.

All just imo.
    Fair enough, I suspect you might be left disappointed but here's hoping.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Why not more than 15k? Where does the 15k come from?

J
    3 x 5K I’d think. Like the current 3x

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Yes but my point was this is designed to make sure people go through a process for permission so that they have alll the necessary things in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But they shouldn’t have to? You didn’t have to before COVID, and we are now moving “beyond level zero” and out of COVID restrictions. Why is it now that you must have to jump through those hoops? Especially when south of the border and in quite a few other European countries, this isn’t the case

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Fair enough, I suspect you might be left disappointed but here's hoping.

Yes, it wouldnt be the first time with the council !

However, as Iggy P mentions above - once we hit Monday if Hibs (and all other top flight clubs) have done everything asked of them - and dont forget we are in a modern stadium with good access and exit routes for large crowds - then the shoe is on the other foot.

I rather suspect that the clubs - who have kept quiet so far - will go radge if no sensible reasons are given for limiting what are open air events and their ability to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Is it a risk having some away supporters ?
    I am thinking along the lines of coaches being full, fans bevvied so not wearing masks on full coaches also controlled entry and approachin stadia, local bars with home and away fans. Could see why they would want to get to that point gradually. I am sure I have cave syndrome so the thought of going straight back to massive crowds probably scaring the sh** out of me. Despite buying a gold ST, getting used to being an armchair fan.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...crowd-24680048

Glasgow city council happy to let the old firm have full houses from next week according to ‘sources’

Encouraging.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Glasgow city council happy to let the old firm have full houses from next week according to ‘sources’

Encouraging.
    Let’s see what Ed council have in store for us. If it’s less than capacity hibs should kick up absolute **** instead of bending over and accepting these paltry numbers.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Let’s see what Ed council have in store for us. If it’s less than capacity hibs should kick up absolute **** instead of bending over and accepting these paltry numbers.
    And if it is less than full capacity there needs to be complete transparency as to why not.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I’m not expecting Edinburgh Council to do anything here.

Hope both Hearts and Hibs are asking for full capacity right now.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 03-08-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    If it’s anything less than full capacity from the 9th there needs to be fans literally storming the council offices. I mean that sincerely, these ***** deserve no peace whatsoever

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    If it’s anything less than full capacity from the 9th there needs to be fans literally storming the council offices. I mean that sincerely, these ***** deserve no peace whatsoever
    I'm sure that'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I’m not expecting Edinburgh Council to do anything here.

Hope both Hearts and Hibs are asking for full capacity right now.
    But it would be down to Ed council to grant us full capacity. With Glasgow councils we’re not going to get in the way stance I’m struggling to see EC doing anything else.

But they shouldn’t have to? You didn’t have to before COVID, and we are now moving “beyond level zero” and out of COVID restrictions. Why is it now that you must have to jump through those hoops? Especially when south of the border and in quite a few other European countries, this isn’t the case
    Because Nicola has always said she will take a more cautious approach
    Not saying I agree with her stance But she has made this clear all along

Agreed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Because Nicola has always said she will take a more cautious approach
    Not saying I agree with her stance But she has made this clear all along

But the issue surely is, when cases do start to rise again (as they almost invariably will do come autumn/winter), we will not even be starting from a position of normality? So all this delaying is doing is making it harder and harder to bring back full, pre-2020 normality to Scotland. I don’t think they actually realise quite how unpopular this will make them, especially with England doing absolutely fine with no restrictions because hey, guess what, they don’t actually make too big of a difference push comes to shove

After the behaviour of both Rangers and Celtic fans during lockdown, Glasgow City Council have got far more reason to deny them from returning to full capacity right away.

If Edinburgh City Council don't allow Hibs and Hearts the same then they should be explaining their reasons for it. Hibs should be letting us know what they're getting told by the council.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm sure that'll help.
    In countries like Italy you’d have ultras leaning very heavily on the city council members and warning them what will happen if they deny full crowds. I’m not suggesting that we should follow course, but we all have to start getting far more belligerent and realise that there can be no piecemeal negotiations with those in ‘power’ making these decisions.

I have said this since May, it is an endless game of cat and mouse. If Hibs and Hearts are allowed anything less than full houses from the 9th, then it is time for both clubs to launch all out war on the council, and if that includes fans protesting, so be it

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    After the behaviour of both Rangers and Celtic fans during lockdown, Glasgow City Council have got far more reason to deny them from returning to full capacity right away.

If Edinburgh City Council don't allow Hibs and Hearts the same then they should be explaining their reasons for it. Hibs should be letting us know what they're getting told by the council.
    Yep think it’s been the lack of transparency or even an explanation behind the numbers that’s annoyed me the most about it. Either that or hibs using the word “delighted” for being handed a mere 900 extra tickets

Hibs are a private company. In no way should the council go public with any detail regarding decisions made.

Reasons will have been given for the permitted capacities. It's for Hibs to decide whether they wish to go public.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Hibs are a private company. In no way should the council go public with any detail regarding decisions made.

Reasons will have been given for the permitted capacities. It's for Hibs to decide whether they wish to go public.
    Yeah, that's what I thought I was saying.

Yeah, that's what I thought I was saying.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    In countries like Italy you’d have ultras leaning very heavily on the city council members and warning them what will happen if they deny full crowds. I’m not suggesting that we should follow course, but we all have to start getting far more belligerent and realise that there can be no piecemeal negotiations with those in ‘power’ making these decisions.

I have said this since May, it is an endless game of cat and mouse. If Hibs and Hearts are allowed anything less than full houses from the 9th, then it is time for both clubs to launch all out war on the council, and if that includes fans protesting, so be it
    Some people need to calm down a bit I think.

Let’s at least see what the Hibs/the council have to say first. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest Hibs are about to get shafted. No need to get the war cry’s going.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Let’s at least see what the Hibs/the council have to say first. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest Hibs are about to get shafted. No need to get the war cry’s going.
    Exactly. The club and/or the fans going mental isn't going to help either.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

I don’t agree with anything illegal in response to this but it would not surprise me in the slightest if some say, “it’s only three weeks until the next review, so let’s just accepts 6-7k fans”. Three weeks later, “oh, she’s just being cautious, let’s wait until the next three week review”.

By that time the schools and universities being back will pretty much guarantee numbers of cases rise.

The narrative will then be, numbers are rising, the temperature is dropping, it’s prime conditions for the virus, football attendance can’t rise, the ballots are working, fans are getting to go albeit not every week.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I don’t agree with anything illegal in response to this but it would not surprise me in the slightest if some say, “it’s only three weeks until the next review, so let’s just accepts 6-7k fans”. Three weeks later, “oh, she’s just being cautious, let’s wait until the next three week review”.

By that time the schools and universities being back will pretty much guarantee numbers of cases rise.

The narrative will then be, numbers are rising, the temperature is dropping, it’s prime conditions for the virus, football attendance can’t rise, the ballots are working, fans are getting to go albeit not every week.
    Completely agree.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post

I don’t think so, they need to have a very good reason to prevent businesses trading, especially so if there’s evidence that competitors are not having those restrictions imposed.

I would be very interested in the legal challenge if Edinburgh council were more restrictive than Glasgow for any length of time without a very robust case for the restrictions.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Jeff Ellis was just on the radio saying Scot Govt had given him the go ahead for TRNSMT festival with 50000 people.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Celtic are allowed 24500 for this weekend’s game and that’s before Monday’s new rules come into place 🤨
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member soul_driver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Encouraging.
    So Rangers can get full capacity on Tuesday but we can only get 5000 odd on Sunday. It's this game I'm most disappointed about. Hibs should have given everything to get all season ticket holders at this game. That would only be just over 50% the day before restrictions are lifted.
    Who's decision is it to have only 2 stands open? Hibs or the Council?