hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive still not read or seen anything that says that crowds will be restricted after 9th Aug? Yes it says you have to apply for a larger crowd, but there isnt any restriction i can see??
    They've abdicated any responsibility and left that decision with local authorities.

I am almost 100% certain that Edinburgh Council will continue to enforce restrictions on attendance, because if they weren't, why not just announce the return of all crowds - instead of the need to apply for anything over 5k?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    They've abdicated any responsibility and left that decision with local authorities.

I am almost 100% certain that Edinburgh Council will continue to enforce restrictions on attendance, because if they weren't, why not just announce the return of all crowds - instead of the need to apply for anything over 5k?
    I really dont know the answer but id imagine that things like t in the park, or such like is a bigger risk than the football? Its not just football this applies to, other events would have over 5k attendance as well?

Hopefully the club would have expected a situation like this and are prepared to challenge it head on. If Edinburgh City Council are going to play hardball I hope Hibs stand up to them. It can't stay like this forever.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Doesn't make any sense. You could have a 6000 capacity stadium with 5000 folk in it. But no doubt our 20k+ stadium will be limited to 7,500 or something.

Should have been based on a % of seating capacity if anything.

I really dont know the answer but id imagine that things like t in the park, or such like is a bigger risk than the football? Its not just football this applies to, other events would have over 5k attendance as well?
    In that case they could've had 'outdoor sporting events'

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cork Hibee View Post
    Hopefully the club would have expected a situation like this and are prepared to challenge it head on. If Edinburgh City Council are going to play hardball I hope Hibs stand up to them. It can't stay like this forever.
    Hibs will just be delighted regardless.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Doesn't make any sense. You could have a 6000 capacity stadium with 5000 folk in it. But no doubt our 20k+ stadium will be limited to 7,500 or something.

Whilst not wanting to sound a pedant you can actually have a 5000 capacity with 5000 in it - but yes I agree it's all absolute bollox

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense at all.
    I think he means he could go to a nightclub, which would be full of sweaty folk but the government are still saying he can’t go to a football game with an at-capacity crowd.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by SQHib View Post
    Whilst not wanting to sound a pedant you can actually have a 5000 capacity with 5000 in it - but yes I agree it's all absolute bollox
    Yep. A 5000 capacity stadium can have a sell out crowd whilst we still have to apply for more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    You mean Sky Sports, right.
    Both as you started the thread and used wrong information to back it up.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think he means he could go to a nightclub, which would be full of sweaty folk but the government are still saying he can’t go to a football game with an at-capacity crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    In that case they could've had 'outdoor sporting events'

Yep and you would then have folk moaning that 40k football fans can go to a game but 10k cant go go watch a band? Ax i said, i might be totally wrong, but there is no longer an upper limit, but they want to assess the events to see if it poses a risk? I dont think its as clear cut as a 5k limit for the forseeable?

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Both as you started the thread and used wrong information to back it up.
    🙈🤣🤣

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    You should do stand up, right time of the month for it.🤪🤣

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    https://www.gov.scot/news/scotland-t...eyond-level-0/

It’ll be reviewed every three weeks according to this

Left by mutual consent!
    An absolute ****ing disgrace. So at a ground with 5,000 capacity it can be 100% full no questions asked (and therefore no social distancing), but a 20,000 ground needs permission to get anything above 25%. Make that make sense. Technocratic ****bags, I ****ing hate them

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    I’m looking forward to November’s “beyond beyond level 0” update where clubs with more than 3 vowels in their names can get 71% capacity on every third Tuesday of the month.
    Or if you insist on marching up and down streets, annoying the **** out of everyone, you can have full capacity

Yep and you would then have folk moaning that 40k football fans can go to a game but 10k cant go go watch a band? Ax i said, i might be totally wrong, but there is no longer an upper limit, but they want to assess the events to see if it poses a risk? I dont think its as clear cut as a 5k limit for the forseeable?
    That's how I interpreted it. The reason you need to apply for capacity is to continue monitoring risk assessments and safety protocols

Quote Originally Posted by hibIBZ View Post
    That's how I interpreted it. The reason you need to apply for capacity is to continue monitoring risk assessments and safety protocols
    Some protective measures will stay in place such as the use of face coverings indoors and the collection of contact details as part of Test and Protect. Capacity limits of 2000 people indoors and 5000 people outdoors will also remain in place although some exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis. These will be reviewed on a three weekly basis to ensure they remain proportionate

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

There's no logic in any of this. There were hundreds of Hibs fans gathered in a tight group in the lower stand at Motherwell on Sat, very few facemarks, singing and chanting. No comment made in the media. No criticism by politicians or councillors. No threat to close Motherwell's ground down. Didn't see stewards trying to break the group up. No announcements over the tannoy.

Sturgeon and councils are just playing politics.

But if you read further down the document they say they have created a gateway to allow bigger crowds on application?

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    It's a bit daft to say the least. Should be a 5,000 limit in each stand rather than the full stadium. Pretty sure the folk in the West Stand wont infect the folk in the East sitting outside across the pitch

I've wondered if it would cost Hibs too much in stewarding/police etc. to open the Famous % stand for limited number at present so have not been asking for the extra seats above the 5,600 allowed for Thursday. Hope that changes at least from Monday to try and increase number allowed by Edinburgh Council

I wonder if the outdoor limit, is because of the Celtic/Rangers game on September 1st

First Team Breakthrough
    Yep. A 5000 capacity stadium can have a sell out crowd whilst we still have to apply for more.
    Makes no sense whatsoever. Had high hopes for today that the government would take some lead and let football get closer to normality. Hibs (and Hearts) need to be prepared to fight the council and ask for reasons if they play silly buggers and keep capacity at such a low level. Annoyed at the government and preparing to be annoyed at the council when they try and shaft us again.

Quote Originally Posted by hulk View Post
    Makes no sense whatsoever. Had high hopes for today that the government would take some lead and let football get closer to normality. Hibs (and Hearts) need to be prepared to fight the council and ask for reasons if they play silly buggers and keep capacity at such a low level. Annoyed at the government and preparing to be annoyed at the council when they try and shaft us again.
    Managing this was easy for Hibs & Hearts last season when every ST holder was locked out.

This could be real headache for clubs while capacity is less than the number of paying ST holders. They might not fancy the fights with the Council but it could be a lot easier than fighting with thousands of disappointed fans !

Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    It's a bit daft to say the least. Should be a 5,000 limit in each stand rather than the full stadium. Pretty sure the folk in the West Stand wont infect the folk in the East sitting outside across the pitch

I've wondered if it would cost Hibs too much in stewarding/police etc. to open the Famous % stand for limited number at present so have not been asking for the extra seats above the 5,600 allowed for Thursday. Hope that changes at least from Monday to try and increase number allowed by Edinburgh Council
    Not having a go at you, but I couldn’t give a **** if it costs hibs too much.

I’ve paid £400 and if there’s a way to get more ST holders in the ground then they need to do it

Quote Originally Posted by hibIBZ View Post
    Yeah sounds like provided Hibs have measures in place, which they'll no doubt already be prepped for after months of readying for the return of fans, now there's no upper limit the Council won't really be able to inhibit crowd numbers.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Not having a go at you, but I couldn’t give a **** if it costs hibs too much.

I’ve paid £400 and if there’s a way to get more ST holders in the ground then they need to do it
    Fair enough - no argument from me on that. I've no idea if that is the case - just my guess given the stand is not open - can't really understand why it's not open if that is not the case though?

It's an absolute nonsense that we are now beyond level 0 and still living with restrictions. Clearly when the govt laid out the level system people would presume that lower than level 0 meant a return to normality and this is anything but. I hope the club fight this all the way as I have no doubt Edinburgh Council will continue to put limits on our attendances.

Quote Originally Posted by Latapy'sVolley View Post
    Yeah sounds like provided Hibs have measures in place, which they'll no doubt already be prepped for after months of readying for the return of fans, now there's no upper limit the Council won't really be able to inhibit crowd numbers.
    I bet you that's exactly what Edinburgh Council will do. I bet if Hibs and Hearts don't apply pressure they'll continue to limit our numbers.