hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soul_driver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Rangers can get full capacity on Tuesday but we can only get 5000 odd on Sunday. It's this game I'm most disappointed about. Hibs should have given everything to get all season ticket holders at this game. That would only be just over 50% the day before restrictions are lifted.
    Who's decision is it to have only 2 stands open? Hibs or the Council?
    That is a very good question,could it be hibs,the new chief executive said on the Scottish news last night that there was work going on in the south and north stands,maybe hibs have decided to not open the famous five and the south stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Have the club given any explanation as to why the Famous Five stand hasn't been used so far and doesn't appear to be open for our first league game? If not, they need to be explaining that asap.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Celtic are allowed 24500 for this weekend’s game and that’s before Monday’s new rules come into place
    I see it as a good sign, as per the current rules they've applied for more above the current automatically allowed limit, they've been able show they can accommodate that number and still keep segregation under current rules.

The new limit is 5000, that'll make no difference but the removal of segregation rules will mean many more in, what's left? Face masks when moving about?,,, that element will be based on observed compliance previously (as per the Liverpool test events Sturgeon talked about) .

I think the majority at Easter Road were more compliant than I've seen in some of the other games on TV so hopefully not too much of a negative effect.

All rhat said.... Edinburgh Council. :-/
    Last edited by Just Alf; 04-08-2021 at 07:14 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    If it’s anything less than full capacity from the 9th there needs to be fans literally storming the council offices. I mean that sincerely, these ***** deserve no peace whatsoever
    Good idea

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my left peg View Post
    That is a very good question,could it be hibs,the new chief executive said on the Scottish news last night that there was work going on in the south and north stands,maybe hibs have decided to not open the famous five and the south stand.

I hope this is the case, as like soul_driver this Sunday's numbers appear crazily low otherwise

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    I hope this is the case, as like soul_driver this Sunday's numbers appear crazily low otherwise
    I know we are dealing in hypotheticals, but surely that would be a case for more anger if it were to be true. The stands have been closed for over a year and for people to have paid money for season tickets in these stands missing out due to maintenance that would be pretty poor imo. I think it’s more likely the councils decision but like others i’d be very interested to hear why.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soul_driver View Post
    So Rangers can get full capacity on Tuesday but we can only get 5000 odd on Sunday. It's this game I'm most disappointed about. Hibs should have given everything to get all season ticket holders at this game. That would only be just over 50% the day before restrictions are lifted.
    Who's decision is it to have only 2 stands open? Hibs or the Council?

Tuesday is next week and is after the restriction change.

Capacities are still restricted on the Sunday as they are on Saturday - will be same at Livi v Aberdeen.

They deliberately change these rules on a Monday so that hospitality / business etc have most of the week to gear up - if we were to have larger capacities on Sunday the rules would have needed changed this week.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...crowd-24680048

Granted the Daily Record isn't exactly an extra relaible source of information I can see the two Glasgow clubs definitely getting the thumbs up for full capacity crowds. If this is the case what are the chances Edinburgh City Council will do the same for us???

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Some people need to calm down a bit I think.

Let’s at least see what the Hibs/the council have to say first. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest Hibs are about to get shafted. No need to get the war cry’s going.

By all means have a wee banner protest and light a couple of fireworks, if that's what floats your boat, but storming the City Chambers seems a wee bit over the top.

If it’s anything less than full capacity from the 9th there needs to be fans literally storming the council offices. I mean that sincerely, these ***** deserve no peace whatsoever
    Nae bother Trump

I don't agree with anything illegal or potentially violent taking place but I do think there needs to be peaceful protests taking place, however things turning violent will achieve nothing.

I suppose you could do that. There is no one actually working in the Council offices just now as they are all working from home, but batter in if you think it'll help.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cork Hibee View Post
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...crowd-24680048

Granted the Daily Record isn't exactly an extra relaible source of information I can see the two Glasgow clubs definitely getting the thumbs up for full capacity crowds. If this is the case what are the chances Edinburgh City Council will do the same for us???
    No chance that the Daily Record are playing the populist card trying to force the Council/ Government decision

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    No chance that the Daily Record are playing the populist card trying to force the Council/ Government decision
    Wouldn't be like them to show favouritism to the ugly sisters lol

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I’m guessing we can turn up at anytime now for the game tomorrow? Not seen anything go out about certain windows

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I’m guessing we can turn up at anytime now for the game tomorrow? Not seen anything go out about certain windows
    The print at home tickets have times listed

@hibs.net private member
    I think Hibs should threaten to take Edinburgh council to court over the restrictions being placed on us. It is not our fault that Tynecastle only has a few main exits. We should not be restricted because of their failings.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I think Hibs should threaten to take Edinburgh council to court over the restrictions being placed on us. It is not our fault that Tynecastle only has a few main exits. We should not be restricted because of their failings.
    Unless I'm having a whoosh moment, that would be a stupid waste of time, energy and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Unless I'm having a whoosh moment, that would be a stupid waste of time, energy and money.
    Seems a very Jambo/Hun thing to do

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’ve had my tantrum about it yesterday and I still find it outrageous we need to apply to have more than 5,000 (where has that figure come from? Why 5,000 and not % of stadium capacity?)

Having slept on it though, there probably isn’t any sense wasting any time worrying about it until we see what happens at our first game after the new rules are in place.

If we don’t get a full stadium, no decent explanation as to why not and the club keep on arse kissing the council then I’ll be up there rioting with that poster who keeps suggesting it. Well I won’t actually do the rioting part, I will main about it loads on here though.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my left peg View Post

Considering we applied for 9000 tickets for a recent game I doubt this is the case.

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Considering we applied for 9000 tickets for a recent game I doubt this is the case.
    Maybe not,we might never know
    Hopefully we are all back for the next league game,I'm sure who ever wants to go to the killie league cup will get in.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We don’t know what, if any, restrictions will be placed on us yet. It’s not inconceivable that the council - after Monday - approve our applications.

There’s a lot of angst about something that hasn’t happened yet. It might happen, but equally it might all be ok.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We don’t know what, if any, restrictions will be placed on us yet. It’s not inconceivable that the council - after Monday - approve our applications.

There’s a lot of angst about something that hasn’t happened yet. It might happen, but equally it might all be ok.
    I agree with you but I do get the frustration.

Feels a bit like there’s nothing in the rules to stop us getting a full house but they still want us to beg.

If there were clear and transparent reasoning behind it or if we were told the criteria for a full house being approved or not then I think people would be a lot more understanding.

Just now though we are effectively left waiting on a decision being made on whats perceived to be a whim of someone at Edinburgh council who I think very few people have any faith in.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve had my tantrum about it yesterday and I still find it outrageous we need to apply to have more than 5,000 (where has that figure come from? Why 5,000 and not % of stadium capacity?)

Having slept on it though, there probably isn’t any sense wasting any time worrying about it until we see what happens at our first game after the new rules are in place.

If we don’t get a full stadium, no decent explanation as to why not and the club keep on arse kissing the council then I’ll be up there rioting with that poster who keeps suggesting it. Well I won’t actually do the rioting part, I will main about it loads on here though.
    I believe peaceful and legal direct action is the only way forward in dealing with this now if we continue to get a raw deal from the council after Monday.

They won't be interested in a few people moaning on an internet message board.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

We're getting our angst in early because it wouldn't be a surprise if we get shafted by the council. Like Bingo says, very few have faith in the council (and their decision making abilities).

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I believe peaceful and legal direct action is the only way forward in dealing with this now if we continue to get a raw deal from the council after Monday.

They won't be interested in a few people moaning on an internet message board.
    Hibs have thanked the council each time capacities have been announced.

You think we've been getting a raw deal but the club don't seem to.

I know who I believe.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

I know who I believe.
    You don’t think the club are getting a raw deal getting 25% capacity whilst England had full crowds in May and have full crowds now?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You don’t think the club are getting a raw deal getting 25% capacity whilst England had full crowds in May and have full crowds now?
    I don't see the relevance - Hibs aren't in England.

I know who I believe.
    Could be easily solved if the club or council explained the numbers approved.

Social distancing couldn’t be the reason when there’s 2 empty stands that could have had people socially distanced in.

We’ll never know though.