hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think it complicates things to offer a choice but being cynical if they didn’t this thread would be called “why can’t you put down a preference for your seat”.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, I`ll apologise if I misread it.

But I think the Hibs and the TO are trying to keep the admin to a minimum by just opening the two bigger stands. It can`t be an easy time for them just now!
    I accept your apology.

I agree it isn't easy for the club and the ticket office. My suggestion actually would help the administration because it simplifies things and removes a potential pitfall.

@hibs.net private member
    How do you even apply to the ballot for the Ross County game. I followed the link in the email but that took me to my profile. I also need to make sure my daughter is in the ballot, do I need to sign in on her account too. I thought the shambles with tickets would have stopped when LD left but it has unbelievable got worse.
    The club should have made sure all 4 stands were open, those successful in the ballot should have been informed before monies taken and the whole process needs to be done more timeously. On top of that the comms have been poor with broken links and sent out after the fact. It really isn't rocket science and the club really needs to do so much better. I would also like to know if it is the club or council who have decided not to open the stands behind the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    How do you even apply to the ballot for the Ross County game. I followed the link in the email but that took me to my profile. I also need to make sure my daughter is in the ballot, do I need to sign in on her account too. I thought the shambles with tickets would have stopped when LD left but it has unbelievable got worse.
    The club should have made sure all 4 stands were open, those successful in the ballot should have been informed before monies taken and the whole process needs to be done more timeously. On top of that the comms have been poor with broken links and sent out after the fact. It really isn't rocket science and the club really needs to do so much better. I would also like to know if it is the club or council who have decided not to open the stands behind the goals.
    I had an issue at first too but it's working now - just make sure to log into your ticketing account.
    And if you're daughter isn't already in your "Network" - you can add her by using her Client Ref Number and then assign one of the tickets you apply for to her.

Coaching Staff
    I think they are just trying to accommodate preference where they can.

Don’t think it is worth overthinking. Very unlikely the intention is to not allocate a ticket at all.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latapy'sVolley View Post
    I had an issue at first too but it's working now - just make sure to log into your ticketing account.
    And if you're daughter isn't already in your "Network" - you can add her by using her Client Ref Number and then assign one of the tickets you apply for to her.
    Thanks, she is on my network. I'll clear my cache etc and see if that helps.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    ^They'll place you anywhere. Why would they not?

Worrying over nothing here.
    Do you KNOW this or do you just THINK that it would make sense?

My point is that whatever the intention is, that's not what is indicated on the form.

@hibs.net private member
    It literally took me 30 seconds to enter the ballot for the Ross County game. Signed in, went to single tickets and then all matches and the Ross County game was there. I then applied for mine and using "add a family member" added my son, didn`t need to go onto his account. It really was that simple

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think they are just trying to accommodate preference where they can.

Don’t think it is worth overthinking. Very unlikely the intention is to not allocate a ticket at all.
    Again, Andy, you may well be right BUT the form does not indicate that the sensible option will be taken so you can't guarantee that all the logistics have been properly thought through. Plus, if it's an automated system, there may not be an 'if this, then that' rule that automatically allocates an available ticket anywhere in the stadium if the areas indicated as preferences are already full.

It may not be the 'intention' to fail to allocate a ticket but it could be an unintended consequence.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latapy'sVolley View Post
    No joy, tried clearing cache, hitting link while logged in, hitting link while logged out and it just takes me to my profile page. Hibs really need to do better. We have been amazing as supporters paying for games we can't attend and the club had had well over a year to prepare for this and it has been like a 10 year old rocked up a week ago and decided to send some comms out

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Do you KNOW this or do you just THINK that it would make sense?

My point is that whatever the intention is, that's not what is indicated on the form.
    I think he is correct. I can`t choose the stand my season ticket seat is in so I just chose the East. I quite liked the fact I didn`t know what part of that stand I would be sitting in.

I also find it rather amusing that people are moaning that fans may be getting better seats than what their season ticket entitles them too. My seat is one of the more expensive in the ground but do I care that I`m sitting in a "lower value seat"? Not a jot, I am just more than happy to get back to seeing Hibs in the flesh. Some folk are never happy

@hibs.net private member
    It literally took me 30 seconds to enter the ballot for the Ross County game. Signed in, went to single tickets and then all matches and the Ross County game was there. I then applied for mine and using "add a family member" added my son, didn`t need to go onto his account. It really was that simple
    Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know. I never realised you had to actually go to the game in question as if you were buying a ticket and thought I would be presented with that page when I hit the link in the email. Easy when you know how, cheers

No joy, tried clearing cache, hitting link while logged in, hitting link while logged out and it just takes me to my profile page. Hibs really need to do better. We have been amazing as supporters paying for games we can't attend and the club had had well over a year to prepare for this and it has been like a 10 year old rocked up a week ago and decided to send some comms out
    Have you clicked on Linked Accounts then entered your ticketing page?

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know. I never realised you had to actually go to the game in question as if you were buying a ticket and thought I would be presented with that page when I hit the link in the email. Easy when you know how, cheers
    Happy to help! I think the new system is really good but can understand frustrations when you see others getting tickets and you can`t. Mind you, I did read the instructions

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^It's weird.

If i go to the main Hibs website here is an option to login in the stop left of my screen.

It logs me into nothing though! Back on the same main screen but now saying logged in.

If i want to buy a ticket I have to click the link to take me there.

Same if I want to buy something from the shop or watch Hibs TV.

So 4 logins in total.

In this case, I clicked the 'Buy Tickets' link that takes me to Ticketmaster.

Now, select single tickets and the next page should show you the Ross Co game at the top.

Click apply for tickets here. On the next page you can add another member in your network so that you can buy 2.

Then choose your preference for area and confirm.

Good luck
    Last edited by WhileTheChief..; 03-08-2021 at 04:05 PM. Reason: You're sorted :)

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Will the unlucky ones for Thursday get preference for the county ballot
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    One of my neighbours is waiting on a hip replacement. She cannot manage up too many stairs so has to stipulate lower.

It makes sense to give folk a choice.
    Last edited by PatHead; 03-08-2021 at 04:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    I wouldn’t think so

@hibs.net private member
    I doubt it, that would be an extra admin headache that they don`t need just now.

Just got to hope you are lucky

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I can only make 1 of our opening 6 league games - can I put my name in the hat for a Livi ticket 6 times?
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Happy to help! I think the new system is really good but can understand frustrations when you see others getting tickets and you can`t. Mind you, I did read the instructions
    Was that for the European game. I didn't see any instructions for the game on Sunday in the email sent for Sunday's game. I got a ticket for the Euro game so must have done it correctly then but it should be repeated in all comms. There is nothing in the email that instructs how to apply, it just says log in to your account. I'm not a luddite and when comms are sent out they should be very simple to follow and repeated as you have to assume someone is reading this and making their first application. The comms from the club are terrible at the moment imo.

It also nips me with silly things like 2-3 days notice when the ballot closes less than 3 days before the game and also why if it is a ballot conducted by applying as you would buy a ticket for a single game will that put you in the ballot for further games. Say you can't attend another game and you get a seat meaning someone misses out.

This should have been sorted out days ago for the bulk of the tickets, at least the legal amount with the rest sorted when the council decision came through. The council may have been poor but that is a given and the club really need to do so much better

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Nope, because its a ballot.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    One of my neighbours is waiting on a hip replacement. She cannot manage up too many stairs so has to stipulate lower.

It makes sense to give folk a choice.
    You're missing my point - and, at the same time, you've hit the nail on the head.

My point is that the 'I'll sit anywhere' option allows you to be sure that if your preferred area is not available, you'll still be allocated a ticket if one is available elsewhere.

Your point about your neighbour is a very good one. She only wants a lower deck ticket so both of her options will be for West Lower sections. Some people have indicated that they think if your choice isn't available, then you'll be automatically given a seat somewhere else that is available. In the case of your neighbour, if no lower seat is available, she can't go and doesn't want a randomly allocated seat that could be up the top of the East Stand.

All they have to do is make it an option.

@hibs.net private member
    Do we even know if there are any unlucky ones.

Do we even know if there are any unlucky ones.
    Still me so far 😂

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Nope, because its a ballot.
    Seemingly, our pink chums have a revolving ballot. If you're 'lucky' enough to get a ticket for one of their games, you go to the bottom of the heap in the next ballot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Seemingly, our pink chums have a revolving ballot. If you're 'lucky' enough to get a ticket for one of their games, you go to the bottom of the heap in the next ballot.
    That’s how ours is also meant to work however I imagine it would only be for the league games

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Has anyone else lucky enough to have the money pending in their bank account for Thursday as of an hour ago (phew) not received a confirmation email from Hibs?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Has anyone else lucky enough to have the money pending in their bank account for Thursday as of an hour ago (phew) not received a confirmation email from Hibs?
    Money was pending from my bank at lunch but I’ve still not had an email from Hibs confirming anything

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Money was pending from my bank at lunch but I’ve still not had an email from Hibs confirming anything
    Go to your history on eticketing and it’ll show you your allocated seat. You can also send yourself the confirmation email from there
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller