hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The day the SPFL rolled over and never sanctioned Rangers over their blatant EBT cheating and authorities compiled their failure to act by whitewashing it all via Nimmo Smith those of a Rangers persuasion were emboldened..

Rangers know they can act with impunity on any matter and Scottish football authorities will be complicit in their actions. We just have to live with it, we all sat back and accepted it.
    And the other Scottish clubs, ours included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Hibs have Macklin motors as a sponsor, doesn’t seem to have made us object
    I'll say it again. Parks of Hamilton are not mentioned on the website as a commercial sponsor. If they want to go down that road then they should take the spfl to court. 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I'll say it again. Parks of Hamilton are not mentioned on the website as a commercial sponsor. If they want to go down that road then they should take the spfl to court. 😉
    Fair enough

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Surely there will have plenty of conflicts in the past - bookies on shirts (we won the William Hill Scottish Cup with Marathon Bet on our shirts, did we not?) and also sponsoring the league - Dafabet (?!?!) sponsoring Celtic when they won the Ladbrokes Premiership etc?

Is this only now an issue because of Douglas Park and Sevco?

Seems strange that it should only be an issue now.
    Sevco themselves were sponsored by RED32 when the Ladbrokes sponsored the league,,,, no complaints or contractual issues raised then?!?

Hope the other clubs sue Sevco for damages if the sponsorship deal falls through. Self entitled bunch of w******s.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, I found it online. To think that moron is one of my MSPs in mid scotland and fife.
    Why did the Scotsman allow him to write this? Its pretty clear that the Tory party are prepared to use sectarianism as they do in Northern Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Sevco themselves were sponsored by RED32 when the Ladbrokes sponsored the league,,,, no complaints or contractual issues raised then?!?
    A hun on twitter told me that they are the same parent company. No idea if it's true.

@hibs.net private member
    A hun on twitter told me that they are the same parent company. No idea if it's true.
    He’s talking pish.

Ladbrokes in owned by Entain in the Isle of Man. 32Red is owned by Kindred in Malta.

Insterestgly, Stewart Robertson said in his statement that it was the SPFL that have made this matter public. It was actually Sevco that made it public by so obviously not fullfilling their duties. It was obvious enough for the media to pick up on it. It's very difficult to believe or trust anything the Sevco management say.
    Last edited by Rumble de Thump; 06-08-2021 at 07:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Ladbrokes in owend by Entain in the Isle of Man. 32Red is owned by Kindred in Malta.

Insterestgly, Stewart Robertson said in his statement that it was the SPFL that have made this matter public. It was actually Sevco that made it public by so obviously not fullfilling their duties. It was obvious enough for the media to pick up on it. It's very difficult to believe or trust anything the Sevco management say.
    It’s been that way ever since their former entity died and beyond. Much the same as our pink neighbours in the submarine commander’s administration days and during the restructuring attempts to avoid relegation, although they didn’t actually die.

For further proof that Fraser is a liar, he wrote this -

When Mo Johnston was signed by Graeme Souness in 1989, becoming the first openly Catholic player for Rangers since World War One, he was welcomed with open arms by Rangers fans.

Really? I remember Huns burning their season tickets on camera in protest.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

He obviously doesn't remember John Spencer

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Why did the Scotsman allow him to write this? Its pretty clear that the Tory party are prepared to use sectarianism as they do in Northern Ireland.
    Hardly a new thing Ruth Davidson had been playing to that element since 2014.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    That was absolutely shocking and should never have been published. He might as well have signed off with 'We r the peepl'

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Charlie Adam thinks Rangers should be given more of the sponsorship money to keep them happy.

This is the captain of one of the clubs that would be adversely impacted

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    That was absolutely shocking and should never have been published. He might as well have signed off with 'We r the peepl'
    He probably did, and that was a step too far for the editor.

I just despair about that club and its supporters.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Can hardly see what’s going on in the video with all the open arms.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Charlie Adam thinks Rangers should be given more of the sponsorship money to keep them happy.

talking of conflict of interests should former OF players be pontificating on public broadcasters on such matters? If that would mean they’d be left with nothing to say even better. Tapping / talking up players on the OF behalf gives me the boak. It’s not like it’s even a level playing field across the teams. A lot that’s wrong with scottish football. And the media simply reinforce it pathetic.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Anyways, there is apparently an SPFL board meeting today, hope the Cinch deal is watertight and that the Rangers haven't got a leg to stand on. Is it likely that they have a commercial contract with park's of Hamilton but they don't actually appear as a sponsor?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    talking of conflict of interests should former OF players be pontificating on public broadcasters on such matters? If that would mean they’d be left with nothing to say even better. Tapping / talking up players on the OF behalf gives me the boak. It’s not like it’s even a level playing field across the teams. A lot that’s wrong with scottish football. And the media simply reinforce it pathetic.
    I would be gagging ex OF players who played for Hibs. Bang out of line. He’s drawing a salary from Dundee FFS!

J

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    I just despair about that club and its supporters.

“don’t worry Donny - these men are cowards”

"We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Can hardly see what’s going on in the video with all the open arms.

That might be the most depressing video I have ever watched.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

He didn't actually say that in the article. The headline is down to the editor.

Apologies if this has been covered already but I came across this on reddit and thought I'd share.

"£8m over five years. £1.6m per year. £100k deductible per year for the Company who brought in Cinch. (£500k will go out of Scottish Football to pay a man who "found" Cinch) SPFL executive wages (deduction)

After deductions each team will make roughly £70k-80k per year, which roughly means per game they will earn £4k-5k

To put into context, Rangers currently earn £500k per year for having "Bitci" on the back of our shorts.

Cinch want shirt space, stadium space, press boards, name drops etc, for 5k a game?

I'm sure the likes of Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs etc will have sponsorships that give them much more cash than this.

This is why Rangers have enacted Rule 17 of the SPFL to avoid devaluing standing sponsorships and contractual obligations.

If you support another team, just think for a minute - you're being shafted for pennies. And expected to be grateful."

Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    Apologies if this has been covered already but I came across this on reddit and thought I'd share.

"£8m over five years. £1.6m per year. £100k deductible per year for the Company who brought in Cinch. (£500k will go out of Scottish Football to pay a man who "found" Cinch) SPFL executive wages (deduction)

After deductions each team will make roughly £70k-80k per year, which roughly means per game they will earn £4k-5k

To put into context, Rangers currently earn £500k per year for having "Bitci" on the back of our shorts.

Cinch want shirt space, stadium space, press boards, name drops etc, for 5k a game?

I'm sure the likes of Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs etc will have sponsorships that give them much more cash than this.

This is why Rangers have enacted Rule 17 of the SPFL to avoid devaluing standing sponsorships and contractual obligations.

If you support another team, just think for a minute - you're being shafted for pennies. And expected to be grateful."
    I'd be very surprised if it works out at £70-80k per team. That would mean teams in Division Two getting the same as the Ugly Sisters, and despite my loathing of them, I accept that they are the main attraction for sponsors due to the size of their unpleasant fan bases.

I'd think instead that the sponsorship money goes into the overall prize post so the teams that finish in the top two places of the Premiership will get far more than teams in lower leagues.

And if individual clubs are able to negotiate far better deals for themselves, then it's a pity they're not lending that expertise to help bring in more money to all the clubs.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post

The Rangers, and even hibs could probably afford to lose that money, but what about Forfar, East Fife, Kelty Hearts? That money will be a lifesaver for the small clubs, this is for the benefit of all Scottish football not just the top clubs.

If rangers don't want to comply then they forfeit their share of the sponsorship money.

And rangers are quoting I7 that's Aye seven, not 17 ( seventeen), Janis would be raging

The Rangers, and even hibs could probably afford to lose that money, but what about Forfar, East Fife, Kelty Hearts? That money will be a lifesaver for the small clubs, this is for the benefit of all Scottish football not just the top clubs.

If rangers don't want to comply then they forfeit their share of the sponsorship money.
    The sponsors wouldn't agree to that I would imagine. Better that all the other clubs sue Sevco for damages if the deal falls through....

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I was just about to say exactly the same thing. 👍

I disagree with this, I think that they should be made to comply with consequences if they don’t. As your first statement points out, it’s not a huge amount of money for the bigger clubs, and The Rangers could easily take a hit on their sponsorship share in order to get their way.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!