hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The chairman has written to all the clubs and the board is going to discuss it this week.

I'm not sure what else you expect from "the rest of Scottish football"" in the first instance.
    Fine if it was the first instance. But they constantly causing problems for Scottish football and, imo, bringing our game into disrepute.

And there is no attempt to say enough is enough. They are laughing at the rest of us whilst we bend over trying to accommodate them.

Let's see what happens here but I suspect this will all get ironed out in their favour, without any reprimand or penalty for their actions on Saturday, and the negative publicity its brought to our game.

I wonder what other potential sponsors are thinking about this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Surely them signing up as members of the SPFL means they have to accept any sponsors that are arranged.

Dock them points and fine them now and put them on notice that if they do it again they'll be kicked out.

Rangers behaviour is poor but I actually can see the general point they are making.

A serious 'influencer' on Instagram can make in the region of £1000 for posting a picture from a restaurant, they can receive considerably more than that in travel perks for promoting an airline, hotel chain etc. I know someone who is flogging a dodgy diet drink who is clearing about £600 a week from social media and she doesn't have anything like the reach of some of the big names. Yet football clubs in Scotland are giving over pitchside advertising, sleeve patches, airtime on Sky/BBC/Instagram/Twitter for between £1000 and £2000 per game. All things considered I would argue the bigger clubs (and I include Hibs in that) have every right to be upset if that infringes on their potential to attract better commercial deals elsewhere. Obviously the leagues are a members organisation and as such each club has to take a share of the responsibility for the quality of the deals we can attract.

I understand the benefits of having all the leagues under one banner and organisation. However one of the drawbacks is when it comes to negotiating sponsorship and commercial partnerships. Whats is a great deal for Albion Rovers or Edinburgh City isn't necessarily a good deal for Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    This could cause huge damage to the league.

How are any future partners going to feel about dealing with the SPFL when any individual club can just look for loopholes to exploit for their own benefit? It's hardly in the spirit of things is it.

The other club chairmen should be on the phone to Ibrox telling them to grow up and get in line.

If I was cinch, I'd walk away now. I'd never heard of them before the SPFL deal so job done anyways.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Is there a club sponsorship involved? From reading the article it sounds like the chairman just doesn't want to promote a competitor to his own business, unrelated to Sevco.
    This is clearly Park’s taking the huff. None of the official sponsors in the Rangers partnership is compromised by the SPFL Cinch deal. It’s self interest and self importance.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Even if they played in the English leagues we’d never be rid of them.

It would just mean the SPFL would be diminished in stature even more.
    We’d never be rid of them as we’d have their Colts teams to contend with which is why the arrangement should not continue beyond this season as per the agreement.

The last thing Scottish football needs is two versions of the pair of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    We’d never be rid of them as we’d have their Colts teams to contend with which is why the arrangement should not continue beyond this season as per the agreement.

The last thing Scottish football needs is two versions of the pair of them.
    Agreement was only this year due to them expecting to get into league 2. No doubt about it the LL clubs will be bribed into accepting them next year again!

When there are many coach companies struggling during this pandemic why do we use Parks of Hamilton.Apart from the owner being an out and out Hun surely Hibs should be supporting a local coach company.Does not sit comfortable with me giving him our money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    When there are many coach companies struggling during this pandemic why do we use Parks of Hamilton.Apart from the owner being an out and out Hun surely Hibs should be supporting a local coach company.Does not sit comfortable with me giving him our money.
    As should every other club in the leagues.
    You would think non-compliance would be covered in some way in whatever participation agreement clubs sign.
    1st offence - fine based on the club's turnover and put on notice that failure to comply within a specified timeframe (2 weeks?) will result in the deduction of points.
    2nd offence - 3 point deduction and put on notice that failure to comply within a specified timeframe (2 weeks?) will result in further deduction of points.
    3rd offence - an additional 10 point deduction and put on notice that failure to comply within a specified timeframe (2 weeks?) will result in expulsion from the league.
    4th offence. Yer oot. (Again.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    The huns should really be cold-shouldered on every level by our club (up to others whether they want to do business with them).

When you appease them you empower them and I’m uncomfortable with the attitude our club has regarding doing business with Rangers.

They’ve still not full recovered financially so make up for it with appalling behaviour. I’d not be surprised if they tried to stiff us for one of our better players before the transfer window was out.

It all still makes it hard to take them seriously - and there might actually be a half-decent point to be made by them here.

You just can’t trust a club with their track record or the people they have involved there.
    Last edited by Smartie; 03-08-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This could cause huge damage to the league.

How are any future partners going to feel about dealing with the SPFL when any individual club can just look for loopholes to exploit for their own benefit? It's hardly in the spirit of things is it.

The other club chairmen should be on the phone to Ibrox telling them to grow up and get in line.

If I was cinch, I'd walk away now. I'd never heard of them before the SPFL deal so job done anyways.
    Dangerous precedent to set if the SPFL are indeed negotiating with Sevco on this.

However, the other club chairs shouldn't be expected to do anything here. The responsibility lies with the SPFL to sort it - it is literally their job. There shouldn't have been any loopholes in the deal in the first place.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The huns should really be cold-shouldered on every by our club (up to others whether they want to do business with them).

When you appease them you empower them and I’m uncomfortable with the attitude our club has regarding doing business with Rangers.

They’ve still not full recovered financially so make up for it with appalling behaviour. I’d not be surprised if they tried to stiff us for one of our better players before the transfer window was out.

It all still makes it hard to take them seriously - and there might actually be a half-decent point to be made by them here.

You just can’t trust a club with their track record or the people they have involved there.
    I agree that the huns are being dicks. Whether they have a legal right to do what they're doing, loopholes shouldn't come into it and they're definitely going against the spirit of SPFL membership.

However, what can a club like Hibs or any other realistically do to "cold shoulder" them? Whatever we do to them they'll just do to us in return.

This is for the SPFL board and executive to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This has just reminded me to never buy a car from Parks of Hamilton.
    Several clubs hire their buses for away games, including us. Maybe the club should look for an alternative/buy and brand our own.

Ahh so that's why Rangers didn't collect their losers medals in the 2016 cup final. It was the William Hill Scottish Cup and they were sponsored by 32Red. They are touchy about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Agreement was only this year due to them expecting to get into league 2. No doubt about it the LL clubs will be bribed into accepting them next year again!
    Given some of the usual behaviour by their ‘supporters’ so far at LL games I’m not certain they will be welcomed next season though as you say money talks.

They’ll probably just up the amount from this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's what weird clubs do

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Several clubs hire their buses for away games, including us. Maybe the club should look for an alternative/buy and brand our own.
    There aren't many coach companies around who can guarantee the standard of service, coach and above all availability/flexibility that clubs like Hibs require.

Changing wouldn't be easy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    Given some of the usual behaviour by their ‘supporters’ so far at LL games I’m not certain they will be welcomed next season though as you say money talks.

They’ll probably just up the amount from this season.
    100%. Clubs showed this year (bar a couple) that all they are interested in is money.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Ahh so that's why Rangers didn't collect their losers medals in the 2016 cup final. It was the William Hill Scottish Cup and they were sponsored by 32Red. They are touchy about these things.
    They must of forgot that William Hill was a black and tan in his youth !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There aren't many coach companies around who can guarantee the standard of service, coach and above all availability/flexibility that clubs like Hibs require.

Changing wouldn't be easy at all.
    Fair,

I know Aberdeen have their own branded coach, which would be nice to see us have, although I appreciate that would likely cost c.£200k up front, as well as hiring a driver once a fortnight.

Still - I’m not a big fan of us effectively giving money to Douglas Park and Sevco for coach travel - especially after this nonsense.

@hibs.net private member
    If The Rangers aren't happy with the conditions of playing in the SPFL then they are free to beat it. Honestly, they win 1 major trophy and all of a sudden they think they make the rules.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Fair,

I know Aberdeen have their own branded coach, which would be nice to see us have, although I appreciate that would likely cost c.£200k up front, as well as hiring a driver once a fortnight.

Still - I’m not a big fan of us effectively giving money to Douglas Park and Sevco for coach travel - especially after this nonsense.
    Do Aberdeen own this, it is it just a branded vehicle from a local company?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Id expect Parks is a sponsor - I doubt Rangers are paying for their buses.
    I sullied my eyes by checking their website. No mention of an official sponsorship. Agreed that they probably get free coaches.

My solution, 100k fine suspended for the first offence, doubling each offence, league games only. 700k by the beginning of September. 😁
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I sullied my eyes by checking their website. No mention of an official sponsorship. Agreed that they probably get free coaches.

My solution, 100k fine suspended for the first offence, doubling each offence, league games only. 700k by the beginning of September. 😁
    League taken to court, no grounds for fines, an even worse image than we had before and even more difficult for us to get investment in future. If there are loopholes the league should be on their hands and knees apologising to the company and putting rules in place to stop it in future.

Put it this way if a good Hibby owned a major coach company would the Huns use his coaches??
    The whole way they have acted for ever and particularly recently is a disgrace and i personally i dont want any my small financual contribution helping to fund them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They’ve always got to have something that whips their hordes up into a frenzy. Always got to be a battle on with someone or something off the football park. As you say, absolute weirdos.
    Exactly. I just don’t take any notice of anything about the bigot bros. They certainly don’t frequent my universe.

League taken to court, no grounds for fines, an even worse image than we had before and even more difficult for us to get investment in future. If there are loopholes the league should be on their hands and knees apologising to the company and putting rules in place to stop it in future.
    I would hope that the spfl has a watertight contract and good lawyers. Bringing the game into disrepute is a fineable offence.

The spfl collectively are the clubs, if any one steps out of line then they should pay for it. Points deducted is not a relevant sanction for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I would hope that the spfl has a watertight contract and good lawyers. Bringing the game into disrepute is a fineable offence.

The spfl collectively are the clubs, if any one steps out of line then they should pay for it. Points deducted is not a relevant sanction for this.
    You would hope, however it’s the SPFL and I’ve very little confidence in that.

Rangers football club are exactly the same as the people who follow them. Always absolutely livid about something or someone. Doncaster, SFA, SPFL, Nicola Sturgeon, Irvine Welsh, Michael Stewart, Ryan Porteous. Absolute freaks.

To further put the situation beyond doubt.

SPFL rules G46. Shirts to bear logos.

If so determined by the board, the shirts of players in league matches and play off matches shall bear the logo of the league and/or sponsor on one or both sleeves as specified by the board.

A simple resolution by the board and the upstarts have to comply. 😉