hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Van Veen

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar

Van Veen

Come on Ron, give them £500k for Van Veen right now. Utter class. Best player on the park.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He was a right handful.

It'll be interesting to see if he keeps that form up, it was certainly a solid start for him.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on Ron, give them £500k for Van Veen right now. Utter class. Best player on the park.
    £500k you’re having a laugh, the guy had a decent debut, a look at his career tells you he isn’t that special and would need to show that level of performance consistently before a judgement of his price tag could be made.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Big huddy who was fortunate to stay on the park.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Has played most of his career games at Scunthorpe so hard to see him playing to that standard every week.
    Alexander managed him there for a spell.
    He turned down a new contract at Scunthorpe in the summer to join his old manager up here so there is obviously mutual trust and admiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Apart from his bad tackle he held the ball up well, linked up play and got a goal. Green tinted specs off he looks like a very good signing for them.
    Last edited by SChibs; 01-08-2021 at 10:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I love hibs.Net honestly I really do 😁😁😁😁

He looked the part today, not very often that an opposition player stands out against us that much.

There was a point in the 2nd half where I couldn't help but laugh because he was looking that good. Faded a little towards the end but I'll be keeping an eye on him out of interest if nothing else to see if he can keep it up.

Well deserved MoM in my opinion

@hibs.net private member
    Came on against Airdrie the other week and was hopeless so today surprised me a lot. I suspect he will play like that once in a blue moon.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    MotM by a distance. Once he gets up to the speed of the SPL I can see him being a real handful.

First Team Breakthrough
    I’ve seen lots of players make a great debut, ( which this guy absolutely did) then fade into mediocrity. He was lucky to last 90 minutes , and I think he will prove to be an average huddy.
    If he can play like that every week, I doubt he would have signed for Motherwell.
    Next time , Porto will boss him.

If we pay half a million for a player it should be for a player with real potential sell on value, not a 30 year old.

Remember that one good game Curtis main had against us for Motherwell, and folk wanted us to sign him forever? This is that

Guaranteed to do a Rowan Vine transformation if he signed for us.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    As someone else said I never ever notice opposition players I always have my green tinted specs on but he stood out a country mile skilful, physical, quick feet, sharp elbows and knees, good in the air, just loves getting in your face and rose like a salmon above our defence to open the scoring

Let’s just take a step back and see how he performs in the first round of games against everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Guaranteed to do a Rowan Vine transformation if he signed for us.
    Phenomenal number of clubs he's had!! 30ish

Inconsistency and age will probably be his downfall though he might appeal to Hearts……….

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Agree.

@hibs.net private member
    If he keeps that up, he will be some signing (and will also get sent off a lot).

Or teams will figure out his and Motherwells game (they had a lot of new players), and find ways to nullify his game.

I'm thinking the second, but wouldn't be surprised if Motherwell improve this season on last. They always gave us a tough game, but we're not consistent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    £500k you’re having a laugh, the guy had a decent debut, a look at his career tells you he isn’t that special and would need to show that level of performance consistently before a judgement of his price tag could be made.
    It never ceases to amaze me how people can make their mind up on a player after 1 game whether it be good or bad

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    If he keeps that up, he will be some signing (and will also get sent off a lot).

Or teams will figure out his and Motherwells game (they had a lot of new players), and find ways to nullify his game.

I'm thinking the second, but wouldn't be surprised if Motherwell improve this season on last. They always gave us a tough game, but we're not consistent at all.
    To be fair it would be difficult for them not to improve, they were in a relegation battle for 90% of the season.

Thought he had a good game but let's see how he is in 8 or 10 games time. Once defences know a bit more about him, the adrenalin of first game has gone and he's not up against a big team like Hibs.

There is a reason he's at Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Interesting that Craigan wasn't so gushing in praise for him as the others and mentioned about him having to do it consistently. This from a Motherwell man makes me think that he's seen plenty of him and knows he's one of these players who only plays when he's in the right mood.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Thought he had a good game,that's about it,nothing more.

He reminded me of the sort of Hearts lump that Levein loves. You get a blinder out of him against Hibs every few months but the rest of the time he's an absolute carthorse.

Pretty solid game. Vine had solid games against us though.

One game and the guy is already wonderful, let's see if can do that week in week out, yes he was good but 40 goals in 200 games over 6 years suggests he's not a goalscorer, good start but lets not get carried away.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Not for me, poor man's poor man's Christian Doidge who got lucky with the space he was given. On another day Porto Mark's him out the game or we just put Daz up against him.

Did okay but not sure I'd want him at Hibs on one showing.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    We can’t spend a season coveting opposition players who have a decent game against us. Van Veen was no better than what we already have.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    We can’t spend a season coveting opposition players who have a decent game against us. Van Veen was no better than what we already have.
    Agreed,if we signed every player who had a good game against us last season,we’d have the biggest squad anywhere.
    Remember the demand on .net to sign Ben Siegrist when he had a good game for Dundee United at ER.Where is he now,oh he’s still with the Arabs.