hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Jake Doyle Hayes

Seems to be a confident young lad, I admit to not seeing much of him with St Mirren but thus far, and particularly today he could be a good addition, thoughts ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Not seen anything of him to be honest so difficult to form an opinion. Fingers crossed though, equiped himself very well today when he came on. Young lad learning his trade shouldnt be getting a starting berth at this stage of his career.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quality footballer good on the ball can play a forward pass great involvement in the build up to the penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not seen anything of him to be honest so difficult to form an opinion. Fingers crossed though, equiped himself very well today when he came on. Young lad learning his trade shouldnt be getting a starting berth at this stage of his career.
    Why on earth not? If he's good enough to play then he should be playing. Or have I missed something in what you meant?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    He's not particulary young

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bizarre.

He’s 22, Doig was starting at 18 and is away to leave for between 3-5 million.

The best players I’ve seen at Hibs in the last 10-15 years have been 22 or so.

Done well when he came on, very sharp and a good forward passer.

@hibs.net private member
    Young lad learning his trade shouldnt be getting a starting berth at this stage of his career.
    Derek riordan, Gary O'connor, Scott brown. Kevin Thomson. Josh doig.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can honestly say I had never heard of him before he signed but very impressed with him on Thursday and today.

Early days but he has some very good attributes and use of the ball is very good

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    At what stage, he played 30 odd times for cheltenham before playing for st mirren, pretty sure he is ready to start games for us if required

Weird post. He's not learning his trade as far as I can see. Play like he did today and He'll be competing for a starting spot not just the last 30 mins of games

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Just looked a bit niave to me fellas and I dont think he's ready for a first eleven start. Just my opinion based on a few minutes today. Like your opinion. Good luck to the lad I hope he has a great Hibs career.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Why on earth not? If he's good enough to play then he should be playing. Or have I missed something in what you meant?
    Totally agree. By all accounts he done well today and he could be the missing link. Let's hope so.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Not seen much of him but promising so far. Looks to get the ball deep and pass it forward.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

In games we dominate it needs to be him Newell and Magennis. Can swap one for Allan if we want Allan into the 10 role.

@hibs.net private member
    Reminds me of Dylan McGeouch a little bit with how we plays. Seems neat and tidy and can pick a pass. Linking play well too

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar

Was very well thought of at Villa, just came through at a time youth players were the furthest from contention. If you're good enough you're old enough, and based on being a villa fam, knowing he was rated there, St Mirren fans telling us we had a player, and what I've seen, don't think age should really matter.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I though he looks more greg docherty than Dylan McGeouch . He will do very well for us.

Wants to pass the ball forward. Think it was him that got Boyle in, in the build up to the penalty. Have seen very little of him but, for some reason, once he’s properly up to speed I think he’s going to be a big player for us.

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    At what stage, he played 30 odd times for cheltenham before playing for st mirren, pretty sure he is ready to start games for us if required
    And he played very well at Cheltenham, he'll do a good job for us

Based on what I've seen so far (and at St Mirren) he's got an eye for a pass, can link play well from deep and has a good long range pass on him as well.

His weight of pass with Boyle and Doidge down the right hand side on the lead up to the penalty in particular was great.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Just looked a bit niave to me fellas and I dont think he's ready for a first eleven start. Just my opinion based on a few minutes today. Like your opinion. Good luck to the lad I hope he has a great Hibs career.
    He looked a lot better than Gogic and Newell….

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Reminds me of Dylan McGeouch a little bit with how we plays. Seems neat and tidy and can pick a pass. Linking play well too
    Too early to say but looked nothing like Dylan in my eyes

Liked to play the ball long and forward not crisp sharp short and sideyways 😃

Jury still out

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He got on ahead of Scott Allen and he made an impact. Liked the look of him but early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    He looked a lot better than Gogic and Newell….
    This

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Too early to say but looked nothing like Dylan in my eyes

Liked to play the ball long and forward not crisp sharp short and sideyways 😃

Jury still out
    Try spec savers there was more than a hint of DM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Did not see that. Robust and fast and plays the ball forward. Maybe I should get an eyesight test.

Can do the Gogic role no problem but offers more than Gogic. Would like to see him from the start. Looks like another good piece of recruitment. The way some teams set up against us you do not always need a strict DM.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Did not see that. Robust and fast and plays the ball forward. Maybe I should get an eyesight test.
    On what planet did Mcgeouch not play it forward? He started every attack. His job was to move us forward

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    On what planet did Mcgeouch not play it forward? He started every attack. His job was to move us forward
    By and large Dylan would move us forward by passing it square to Scott Allan, the wing backs and McGinn who would drive us forward

4 :121 says it all

Scored a beauty versus the Sheep at Hampden admittedly and compounded things by pulling a hammy celebrating
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 02-08-2021 at 09:44 AM.