hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Whatever subs were used, when they were brought in and who they replaced ended up winning us the game

Id suggest they were the correct subs

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can agree to disagree of your assessment of Newell.
    To be fair I think his post is pretty hard to disagree with but as always the case your entitled to your opinion 👍

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    To be fair I think his post is pretty hard to disagree with but as always the case your entitled to your opinion 👍
    Yup. Would make this place less interesting if we all agreed with each other.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Yup. Would make this place less interesting if we all agreed with each other.
    No it wouldn’t.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    No it wouldn’t.
    Shut it you

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    There can't be many Hibs managers with a better away record than Jack Ross. For all he's (ridiculously, IMHO) had the 'boring' tag thrown at him, that's two times in three competitive games this season where we've scored 3 goals (and in one of those games, a better ref would have seen us score 5).

The point above about teaching the team how to defend crosses - Sky Sports said that we didn't concede from a single header last season, so probably not as much of an issue as is being made out (I haven't fact checked that stat, but I'm told that was what was said).

We are just off a European game, we played a very physical team today and stood up well to it, we came from behind twice and were (IMHO) unlucky not to win by more goals today.

He's about to get a record transfer fee for the club for a player that he managed into the first team, and his signings with the support of the recruitment team have, by and large, been exceptional.

Jack Ross is a very, very good manager. He needs the support of the fans behind him and there really is no good reason not to be, in my opinion. Today he spotted problems and opportunities and switched the team about to take advantage, and we were well worth our win. Players are improving under him and we will, I think, have another really good season. We won't win every game, but we'll beat most teams.
    Well said Matty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    JR must stay!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Was great to see the players fans and coaching staff celebrating together at the end of the game with Jack front and centre of that. Was brilliant to see has anyone any footage of it?

The support is fully behind Jack.

He talks about the togetherness of the squad, I think that was evident yesterday, as you say.

Long may it continue.

Was great to see the players fans and coaching staff celebrating together at the end of the game with Jack front and centre of that. Was brilliant to see has anyone any footage of it?
    That's the kind of thing that really pulls the fans and players/management together and makes you feel connected to the team again. This behind closed doors pish really had a big impact on that. It almost felt like it was our club but not in a strange way. Superb seeing that on Sunday, brought a lump to the throat. The players, fans and Jack Ross deserved it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Newell does a lot better without Gogic in the team imo. First half both seemed to sit deep and we struggled to get going.

We need more of the Newell from the second half. He played a huge part in that second goal by driving forward and then playing the less obvious pass into Nisbet rather than Doidge who was straight ahead of him. Newell is wasted sitting on the half way line imo, particularly when Gogic is standing right next to him.

Newell frustrates the hell out of me, when he takes the ball forward and creates space and goalscoring opportunities, he's as good as any player in this league in his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Solonleith1 View Post
    Often criticised from some quarters for tactical changes made or lack of them. Gogic off, doidge on and switch to 442 made a big difference. Deserves credit today.
    Did it all without a cardigan too. 😊

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Newell frustrates the hell out of me, when he takes the ball forward and creates space and goalscoring opportunities, he's as good as any player in this league in his position.
    Don't know if it is a lack of confidence seems way to safe and should look to play the ball forward then play the safer pass if not on.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Don't know if it is a lack of confidence seems way to safe and should look to play the ball forward then play the safer pass if not on.
    I believe that’s called ball retention, and he will be instructed to play that way.

It drives me nuts too.

Just when you start to lose patience with him he pulls off one his better performances as well.

The wee move for our 2nd goal showed exactly the kind of thing he needs to do more of.

I think part of his issue and Hibs'/ Jack Ross' issues are that too often we need to be behind in a game to start showing that drive.

Newell's quality simply isn't in question but I can never get my head around how such a talented player can be as quiet as he can be at times.

He's clearly important to us because when he plays, we play. When we're quiet, it's normally because his influence on the game has been curtailed.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    I believe that’s called ball retention, and he will be instructed to play that way.
    A lot of times he doesn't look forward. As it happens thought he played well in second half on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    It's also known as decision making and belief in your own ability. Good players do both and Newell is a decent enough on the ball to have a greater influence on games. Ross doesn't say to him always play safe, always look to play the ball back and retain possession. I'm sure he trusts that his midfielders are able to make the right choices around when to move the ball forward

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Yes I totally agree with this. Players are more often than not instructed to play the way that the manager wants. As far as I'm aware Newall got forward a bit more in the second half again probably by the manager's instruction. It ain't rocket science. No player plays in a certain way to irk a poster imo.

You've been calling him a show pony for long enough, I'm glad you've changed opinion to him being one of the best in the league I was never in doubt

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    You've been calling him a show pony for long enough, I'm glad you've changed opinion to him being one of the best in the league I was never in doubt
    I've always said he is a quality footballer, but if he trots about like a show pony, then that is what i will say. If he does more of what he did 2nd half on Sunday, he will get much more praise from me.

Too often he's not involved other than ball retention backwards and sideways. If he takes the game by the scruff of its neck and actually contributes offensively like he can, he wont hear any criticism from me.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inconsequential View Post
    Yes I totally agree with this. Players are more often than not instructed to play the way that the manager wants. As far as I'm aware Newall got forward a bit more in the second half again probably by the manager's instruction. It ain't rocket science. No player plays in a certain way to irk a poster imo.
    Disagree. Steven Thicot insisted on a running style that made him look as if he’d shat himself for the sole purpose of driving me mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Disagree. Steven Thicot insisted on a running style that made him look as if he’d shat himself for the sole purpose of driving me mental.
    But what if driving you mental was the instruction he'd been given by his manager?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

This Hibs side is a wee bit different. Exciting times

Playing some fantastic stuff this season. I'm getting the same vibes as the 2nd half of Lennon's season with Allan/Kamberi/McLaren.

Can't wait to get full houses back

@hibs.net private member
    We look so well coached don’t we? Big season ahead.

@hibs.net private member
    I was critical of him last season but preparing to eat my words. We look very exciting. Can't wait to get back to ER.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Many things were levelled against JR last season, much of it understandable. I think the thing that rankled with me most was the feeling of some that his default position was a negative and cautious one, and that his first thought was to make sure that we held onto the point that we start a game with.

I never saw that myself, and hopefully not many others still feel that way after the way we’ve started the season.

Today is the kind of fixture I was wary about with Hibs teams of the past but I haven't felt that today. We look extremely well balanced and well coached.

Left by mutual consent!
    Jack Ross' white trainers are blinding me!

Proper performance this today. Be great if we can consistently blow teams like this away at home.

Left by mutual consent!
    Said it from early doors. Ron Gordon/ Jack Ross, now throw in Ben Kensell...good times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Said it from early doors. Ron Gordon/ Jack Ross, now throw in Ben Kensell...good times ahead.
    Dream Team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk