hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Years and years ago I was in a pub in Newcastle Area. In walks a guy with a basket of little bags filled with prawns for sale. They were amazing. I think some places still do this in that area.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    In my regular haunt, there's a guy comes in around midnight with a basket of fresh bread (still warm), I normally opt for the salted Brezel or Cheese Bread, just what you need to continue on the beer.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Snyders Jalapeno Pretzel pieces, cant get enough of them.
    These get my vote though I mix a packet of them with the cheese ones......Maybe Honey & Mustard on the side

When I lived back home a wee treat in Staggs Bar was a jar of pickled mussels, tip out the vinegar & add a shot of drambuie....Give the jar a good shake, taste sensation!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    These get my vote though I mix a packet of them with the cheese ones......Maybe Honey & Mustard on the side

When I lived back home a wee treat in Staggs Bar was a jar of pickled mussels, tip out the vinegar & add a shot of drambuie....Give the jar a good shake, taste sensation!

I can't even begin to imagine......!

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Worcester sauce crisps can’t remember the last time I had a pack of them but went down well with a Shandy.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Mini Cheddars are another decent pub 'crisp', particularly the BBQ or Branston pickle flavour.

I'm sure there is also a crisp called 'cheese moments' from the same range as scampi and bacon fries but I haven't seen them in years.
    You get mini cheddars sticks now. Superb with a beer. A bit cheesier than the original ones.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Jerky and Biltong for me
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Went up to Dundee to watch us a fair session pre game but to top it off was mince rolls The food of gods

Can't believe no-one is lamenting the demise of mussels in vinegar from behind the bar!

It always used to be a tradition in Tamsons at New Year that the manager (lovely guy) brought in a huge cheese board and everyone got pished on the Port! Magic.

I can't say I'm that excited about pub snacks these days except when I'm in a traditional Spanish bar eating proper traditional tapas.
    Space to let

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    The stovies in the cabbage and ribs a out 10/15 years ago befor it shut. Sure it was either 50p or £1, lashings of broon sauce were magic. Also remember a few pubs, don't see them now was the warm Sahara nuts. No days it's kp chilli nuts or king prawn McCoy's that only ever seen in the Iona

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by alhibby View Post
    Snyders Jalapeno Pretzel pieces, cant get enough of them.
    They are weird snacks. Utterly delicious, can't stop eating them but something about them, maybe the sweetness make you feel sick, but you can't help go back for more. Bit like Pringles, once you start you can't stop

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    The stovies in the cabbage and ribs a out 10/15 years ago befor it shut. Sure it was either 50p or £1, lashings of broon sauce were magic. Also remember a few pubs, don't see them now was the warm Sahara nuts. No days it's kp chilli nuts or king prawn McCoy's that only ever seen in the Iona
    Dont know if they still do stovies in the Hibs club, but they used to do and they were superb.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Due to the football tonight and being a dafty, I've forgot to have something to eat before heading to the pub. Sitting in Robbie's and getting hangry,,,, one pack of mini cheddars and I'm back in the game,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    The Harrow in Dalkeith regularly have stovies on the go, a surprisingly good accompaniment to an aperitif or two.