hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They also just had something like 80% of possession against Hearts at Tynecastle for most of the game. If it wasn’t for 2 outstanding saves from Gordon they were getting something out of that.

By Celtic’s standards they’re miles off where they want or need to be, as the season goes on though they’ll comfortably finish 2nd imo.

All the teams outside the top 2 will take too many points off each other IMO.
    What did their possession get them? They don’t have a goalie, or defence and no strikers who are fit or interested.

I don’t think we’ll finish above them, I just don’t think we’ll get a better chance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    7 or 8? Who? Outwith the goalie who you’d obviously take over Macey.
    I want to disagree with you as I disagree with your general point about us finishing above them but if you go through it player by player you’ve got a point.

None of their back 5, including the goalie, are better than ours. The new boy from Sweden obviously has a good pedigree but he looked very poor tonight.

The new Israeli winger didn’t look to have anything about him, would rather have Boyle.

Forrest living off reputation as not played well for a long time now, Jamie Murphy more effective.

In the centre Sorro and Mcgregor are better than we’ve got by a good stretch.

Up front there’s no question Edouard is the better player but if I was offered a motivated Nisbet or a disinterested Edouard, I know who I’d take.

Celtics subs contributed nothing either.

3rd must be the target again.

We won't finish 2nd, Celtic will finish at least 10-15 points ahead of us.

What did their possession get them? They don’t have a goalie, or defence and no strikers who are fit or interested.

I don’t think we’ll finish above them, I just don’t think we’ll get a better chance.
    There was a much better chance to get 2nd 8 years ago. Unfortunately we got relegated and were the last of the big 3 in that division to get back. Outside of the early 70s that was the biggest missed opportunity in my lifetime.

I want to disagree with you as I disagree with your general point about us finishing above them but if you go through it player by player you’ve got a point.

None of their back 5, including the goalie, are better than ours. The new boy from Sweden obviously has a good pedigree but he looked very poor tonight.

The new Israeli winger didn’t look to have anything about him, would rather have Boyle.

Forrest living off reputation as not played well for a long time now, Jamie Murphy more effective.

Up front there’s no question Edouard is the better player but if I was offered a motivated Nisbet or a disinterested Edouard, I know who I’d take.

They have boys playing that are never Celtic players.

I don’t think we’ll finish above them. Might be down to mentality or something like that we have a chance to get after them at least…

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    There was a much better chance to get 2nd 8 years ago. Unfortunately we got relegated and were the last of the big 3 in that division to get back. Outside of the early 70s that was the biggest missed opportunity in my lifetime.
    Wasn’t a better chance. We started the season with Pat Fenlon in charge.

We’re a much better team now, with a lot more going for us.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    2nd

Bookmark this😁

Wasn’t a better chance. We started the season with Pat Fenlon in charge.

We’re a much better team now, with a lot more going for us.
    We are, but that can change quickly as we've seen time and time again. Not being pessimistic, I wouldnt underestimate Celtics ability and financial clout to turn things around enough to secure 2nd easily. I hope they make a cods of it but it's unlikely.

7 or 8? Who? Outwith the goalie who you’d obviously take over Macey.
    I wouldn't take either of their goalies over Macey tbh

As for us 3rd hopefully or maybe 4th

Testimonial Due
    Right now I'd say 4th, but that could easily change for the better or worse by the time the transfer window slams shut

@hibs.net private member
    The competition will be stiffer this season but, assuming no departures of key players (big assumption) I think we'll finish 3rd again.

@hibs.net private member uwxm07's Avatar
    Well I’ve backed Hibs to win the league ( minor investor) and also to win without the cheeks ( slightly larger investment)
    No worse than forth and likely third

@hibs.net private member
    5th

Third with us also closing the gap to the lessers in second.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    5th
    Question to yourself and everyone else who said 5th or below. Why do you think we won't be top 4 and who do you think will finish above us?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Question to yourself and everyone else who said 5th or below. Why do you think we won't be top 4 and who do you think will finish above us?
    Sevco, Celtic, Aberdeen and St Johnstone. When was the last time we achieved consecutive top 4 finishes? I think we are a decent side but will still struggle to score many goals and break down stubborn teams.

Sevco, Celtic, Aberdeen and St Johnstone. When was the last time we achieved consecutive top 4 finishes? I think we are a decent side but will still struggle to score many goals and break down stubborn teams.
    St Johnstone are a good cup team and they have our number but they are nowhere near consistent enough over the course of a season imo

I'd be surprised if St Johnstone finished ahead of us, given that they finished last season 18 points behind and are as likely as us to lose key players, but far less likely to be able to invest in equivalent quality replacements.

We've already added Mackay and Doyle Hayes whereas they've done little in the transfer market. We lost Marciano and Irvine, but have Macey and a fit Magennis as replacements. They've lost Middleton and added a couple of loan defenders.
    Last edited by Eyrie; 01-08-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

3rd for me, sevco 1st by a distance celts 2nd they will improve even after last night and hertz bottom 6 will only raise their games against us and the cheeks at the smallest pitch in the world.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    St Johnstone are a good cup team and they have our number but they are nowhere near consistent enough over the course of a season imo
    Possibly. If not them then AN Other.

Possibly. If not them then AN Other.
    Just cant see any other team being consistent enough myself. Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Motherwell etc will all take points off each other

Coaching Staff
    4th

Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen then us.

Aberdeen have improved on last season and Hearts will take some points off us……they always do.

@hibs.net private member
    I’d say it all depends on the squad we retain. If we keep Boyle and nisbet and Porto. I can’t see it being outside the top 4 ….

Will be a good league this year though..expecting all teams to be taking points off each other …

5th

I think we’ll lose Nisbet, and maybe one other.

Aberdeen will be better than last year. We’ll drop points against hearts and St Johnstone will give us some stern tests.

3rd

Top 6 hopefully

1st

Rangers will concentrate on winning the champions league, Celtic will struggle to finish in the top six, Aberdeen need to settle under Glass and the rest are guff

Soro is a huge downgrade on Brown. Nowhere near good enough for Celtic, just runs about fouling folk all game.

1st and automatic qualification for the CL group stage next season . Realistically 3rd spot I think it's between us and Aberdeen.